Devil.

Betrayed

-Jinyoung’s POV-

I walked lifelessly towards our favorite spot in the cafeteria along with my friends. I settled next to Gongchan who has been looking at me with a worried gaze since this morning.

“Hyung, gwenchana?” He said shaking me out of my thoughts of Minjee. I blankly look at him as the others look at me questioningly. “Hyung, are you alright?” He asked again. I just nod my head in reply and took the chopstick and absentmindedly ate my lunch.

“Hyung, you look like a zombie… is there something bothering you?” Baro said as he massaged my shoulders. I gave him a look but shook my head instead of opening up to them. I know I should but I feel like even if they know things wouldn’t change.

I mean even if I tell them how much I miss Minjee it won’t bring her back into my arms. “Minjee problem?” Sandeul said casually as if nothing happens between Minjee and me.

“Don’t say it like it’s such a small thing Sandeul.” I warned. I wasn’t even mad well maybe I am but I tried not to flare up because of it. Sandeul look at me enquiringly before turning to Gongchan.

“Hyung, it’s about Minjee isn’t it? Why can’t you just forget her? I mean she’s good for nothing!” Gongchan remarked. I slammed the chopstick down which startled everyone there. I stood up immediately and walked off as I clenched my teeth.

My heart was aching badly as I made my way up to the rooftop where Minjee and I usually hangs out. The memories of us filled my mind as I reached the place. Somehow my heart felt empty, hollow as if a part of me disappeared with her.

I held back my tears as I sat down on the bench as I was drowned in the memories that Minjee and I created. “I thought you’d be here.” I heard someone said. I turned around to see CNU and of course the others behind him hiding from me. I sighed and look up to the sky.

“I regret it… she wasn’t a good for nothing, she’s amazing being able to cope with such harsh life since she’s a kid.” I said with a small smile spread across my face. “She’s smiling like nothing ever happen. If only she told me about this maybe things wouldn’t end up this way.” I said and slowly tears streamed down my cheek.

“Hyung…” I heard them all said which made me wiped my tears and covers my face with my hands. “It hurts huh?” CNU said as he took a seat next to me. Tears kept flowing as I nodded my head.

“It was all a set up… it was all just a trick to tear us apart.” I cried as I couldn’t hold it back any more. I inhaled in deep breath and wiped my tears away. “If only I trusted her more things would be just fine. It hurts me just by knowing how I let emotion get the best of things and destroy everything that we built.”

“Hy…hyung…” Gongchan called out as he stood in front of me. He knelt down on his knees and raised both of his hands up as the others gotten nearer to us. “Mianhae… chincha mianhae…” He said making me all confused.

“Gongchan-ah…” CNU spoke before I could. Baro tried to help Gongchan up but Gongchan refuses. “What is the meaning of this?” CNU said again somehow speaking the words that I wanted to say.

“Sunhi-noona told me to spy on her…” Gongchan hesitates but continued. “She told me that Minjee-noona is cheating on you and as I told you I didn’t believe her so she sent me to follow Minjee-noona and that was when I saw her with a guy. I asked around and soon later found out that the person was…”

“Was her one and only brother.” I finished it for him making him nodded his head guiltily. “Why would Sunhi do that to her own best friend? She and Minjee have been friends since ever!” I said clueless. I stuck my hands out and let Gongchan sit next to me as the others sat down in front of me.

“You don’t know? Sunhi likes you.” Baro bluntly said as he shrugged. “I didn’t wanna believe it but some people say that because of that she did it but I guess jealousy is really a devil.” He added.

“Points.” Sandeul agrees and nodded his head. “I heard it too, but they said that Sunhi always hated her. I don’t really know.” He quickly finished. “But hyung… shouldn’t you at least move on… I bet Minjee is.”

“Things isn’t as easy as saying it.” I told them and stood up. “Maybe I should move on but… I might need more time.” I said and look up the sky. I know Minjee is moving on and I know she might have someone replacing me right now but that doesn’t matter to me because I know no matter how hard I try she’ll never be back with me.

-Your POV-

I oddly smile as I scribbled down some notes after the teacher explains our topic. I turned to Tao who was busy trying to figure things out and nudged him slightly. “Tao-ah, do you get it?” I asked as he blankly looks at me.

He look so lost and it just made me wanna pinch him which what I did straight away. “Aigo~ so cute~” I softly said and pinch his cheeks. I’ve gotten used to you know being the center. You know with the stares and stuff and the whole school knows I’m like part of their family so they never actually took me as a rival, which was a relief to me. “Want me to explain it to you?”

“Pretty much… noona, how did you get it? I’m like struggling here.” He said helplessly as I heard the girls behind us squeals. I giggled and turned to them.

“Do you wanna tutor Tao for me? I have to go to the toilet somehow.” I lied as I held my tummy. I can see their eyes were sparkling in excitement as I smiled at Tao and stood up. “You be good and listen to them alright~” I said and walked off.

I was on my way to the ladies room when I saw Luhan walking with Xiumin and Jonghyun. I approached them as they waved happily once they saw me. “Minjee-ah, what are you doing here?” Xiumin asked.

“I excused myself to go to the ladies room.” I said as I hugged him. “Oppa, should we get something to eat later after school?” I somehow pleaded with much aegyo. Luhan and Jonghyun were hugging each other as they eyed us.

“Minjee-ah, don’t do aegyo in front of me. You never know what I’ll do.” Jonghyun warned as he let go of Luhan and get in between me and Xiumin. I pouted cutely at Jonghyun which made him lightly hits my hand. He held my hand and kisses my cheeks. “I told you don’t do aegyo.” He added as Luhan pulls me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Hyung! You shouldn’t kiss her like that!” Luhan fiercely said and stood in front of me like a man. To be honest whenever Luhan is being protective towards me I feel warmer. You know that tingly feeling that you feel when you know you’ve fallen for that guy. Well that.

“Blame her. I already warned her not to do aegyo in front of me.” Jonghyun said as he shrugged. Xiumin wasn’t even doing anything but eyed me. “Hey Minjee, are you free tonight? Do you wanna watch a movie with me?” Jonghyun surprises me.

“What does that mean?” Xiumin said as both he and Luhan gapes at Jonghyun who coolly winked at me ignoring the fact that my brother is there. “Hyung! What do you mean by that?”

“Why are you guys acting so surprise? Minjee is single and so am I so it’s no harm to just get to know her more.” He explains and again starts to flirt with me. I couldn’t help but giggled at how my brother and Luhan reacted to Jonghyun.

“You know what. I’ll text you later.” I teased as I sent him some signals. He looks like he gets the hint or I hope he does because if he doesn’t then it’ll be just a big pile of misunderstanding. I shook out of Luhan’s grip and walked off. “I’ll be going back to class. See ya later~”

Once I entered class I quickly took out my phone and texted Jonghyun.

To Jonghyun:

Oppa, I hope you get my hint and not taking it the wrong way. I was just teasing my brother and Luhan.

From Jonghyun:

I know, but seriously do you wanna go out and watch some movies with me? Or you have something else in mind?

To Jonghyun:

I’m sorry… I’d love to but em… I don’t really wanna give you hopes and stuff.

From Jonghyun:

You like someone is it? It’s ok. Maybe we could just go out as friends? I mean there’s no harm right?

To Jonghyun:

Arasso, I’d like the idea of that. Oh and oppa, thank you for understanding.

With the last text I smiled and look out the window as Tao looks at me suspiciously. “Who were you texting with? You look like you’re flustered or something.” He questioned.

“Jonghyun-oppa.” I answered without actually hiding it from him. Hey I don’t really mind. Plus next to Baekhyun and Luhan I’m pretty close with Tao. “Why you ask?”

“Nothing, you were like texting as soon as you entered class from your little escape to the toilet.” Tao said making me giggled. I kinda forgot that I ditched him. “That wasn’t nice noona~” He said as I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Deal with it.” I said and laughed. The day passed by and soon it was the end for school and we’re off for the summer breaks. I happily skipped towards the couch and flopped myself next to Baekhyun who was sitting calmly in the living room watching something on TV.

“Oh welcome home~” He said as I lay down on his lap. He brushed my bangs to one side and smiled. “How was school?” He oddly asked which made me look at him in suspicion. “What? Did I say something wrong?” He said and looks at me innocently.

“Why ask such a strange question? We’re like in one school.” I answered as he nodded his head. I got to a sitting position as I tried to figure what was wrong with him.

“True, but we’re not in one class so I wouldn’t know how your day went.” He reasoned which was logical. I shrugged and admit defeat as I lay back down.

“You win. Classes were ok. I guess. I passed my quiz!” I happily said.

“Why is it that you talk about school and how your days went with him but you never seem to share it with me?” Xiumin said as he took a seat on the couch opposites to us.

“You never ask.” I simply replied making them all laugh. We gathered all there and talked about whatever came across our mind. We end up having take-outs for dinner since none of us are willing to cook not even our umma.

So the start of my summer vacation went well and I don’t really have to bother how to spend my summer. I know it’ll be amazing but hey, you never know if you need to watch out for anything.

 

 

hey cupcakes~

here another update... :)

Hope you guys enjoy and have a nice day ahead <3