Tears

When Our Paths Collide

 

The car drove off the cliff and hit the bottom. You tried to crawl towards the cliff edge when you heard a loud explosion. BOOM! The car exploded and burst into flames.

……beep…….

You kept trying to pull yourself over to the edge until you could see the bottom. The car was completely black from the fire. From where you were looking, you could see someone crawling out of the car.

……beep……

The person was burnt everywhere. Blood was oozing out of their wounds. The person pause in the process of getting out of the car and looked up at her. She trembled with fear as she looked into a pair of dark chocolate colour eyes that were radiating pain and despair.

……..beep……

“L-Linhye?” He shivered as his hand reached out toward her. His mouth opened as if he was about to say something else when they both heard a sound.

……beep……

“Goodbye Linhye….” You stared at him with confusion until you realised why.

“CHANY-“ The car exploded into millions of pieces from the bomb. A piece of the car was plunged right into Chanyeol’s heart.

“AHHHHHHHHHH”

-----(SORRY GUYS, IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM….HEHEHE…..I HOPE I DIDN’T GIVE YOU GUYS A HEART ATTACK…..SORRY….I LOVE YOU GUYSSS….)-----

“AHHHHHHHHHHH” You sat up, with both your hands blocking your ears as tear fell from your face. Beads of sweat dripped down the side of your face.

You heard the sound of the door opening and people moving around you but can’t push yourself to look up. The pain of losing someone was overwhelming your sense of logic.

Pain erupted from your chest as you begin to hyperventilate. The level of noise around you began to increase. People were screaming your name but you were too shock to register what they were saying.

….beep…..beep….beep…

Your body began to shake at the sound, remembering the way Chanyeol had died.

“No….No” You shook your head from side to side, trying to shake the image out of your mind.

A person appeared in front of you. They grabbed your shoulders shaking you.

“Linhye, Linhye.” The person had tried to pull your hands away from your ears but you pulled away. “No, I killed him. It was my fault.”  

The pain from your chest increased. …..beep…..beep….beep….beep….

The person moved away but was replaced by another.”Linhye, look at me!” Your breathing began to slow down every further, almost as if you were not even breathing anymore.

“Goddammit, look at me.” The person had grabbed your chin and forced you to look at them. Her tears began to clear up and slowly you began to recognise the familiar dark chocolate coloured eyes.

“C-C-Chanyeol…o-oppa…” You reached forward and hug him tightly, afraid that if you didn’t, he would slip away. “Shhh, it’s alright.”

His arms wrapped around you, one hand rubbing your back while the other was gently patting your head. “Calm down.” He whispered and slowly your breathing evened out again. The pain in your chest had receded.

…beep…     

...beep…

The sound had come from the side of your bed. You flinched away in fear as the memory flashed before your eyes. You whimpered and pull yourself closer to Chanyeol oppa. As if he sensed your fear, he gently explained.

“It’s alright Linhye, it’s just your heart monitor. See?” He moved so you could see the machine. There was a small screen on the machine showing your heart rate. Slowly, your eyes wondered around the room, taking in the design.

“Where am I?” she whispered.

“You’re at our holiday house in ------------.“ You turned towards the voice across the room. It was Sehun. You noticed that the other members were standing around the room looking worried while staring at you.

“Holiday house?”

“Sehun’s father….umm…. owns a large company as well as many houses. This one was one of the houses that he owns and uses when we visit.” D.O oppa explained looking everywhere but at her. None of the other members would meet her eyes, knowing that it was not the case.

Chanyeol reached out and brush his fingertips against the cut on your neck. You quickly moved away from him. Pain reflected on your face as you moved. The members all looked guilty as they saw what happened.

“I’m sorry Linhye. I should have protected you more.” Chanyeol looked down towards his lap. The guilt was eating his soul away as the thought of not being about to protect you filled his mind. 

You were shocked as this was the second time you seem him with such a strong emotion on his face. The first time was when you had arrived home late after going out with L.Joe.

“It’s not really your fault Chanyeol oppa. You shouldn’t blame yourself. You almost died.” You tried to comfort him when you remember the car driving off the cliff.

“What happened to you Chanyeol oppa?”

His body stiffened as he had never expect this question to come up from you.