Being chased by the dragons

When Our Paths Collide

 

Just so you all know, this chapter can be a bit gruesome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They finally arrived on the fifth level exit.

''Why are they here?" Dara asked, feeling a bit lost.

"We don't know, but it's got something to do with you." Ukwon locked the door from letting anyone enter.

Suddenly there was some banging against the door. *Omo*

‘’We need to split up into a two groups, so they can’t go chasing after all of us at the same time.” Ukwon said then made up a group at random. “So it will be Dara, Jaehyo, Kyung and Zico in one group, while the others are group two. Got it?”

“They’re in here!” The men inside signalled them to kick the door open.

“What do we do?!” Dara panicked.

“Follow me.” Zico pulled her along and they quickly ran down the small steps outside of the building.

They split up and started running once they reached ground; the men chased after them holding their guns and knives.

“In here quickly!” Jaehyo led the way for his group. They turned into small corners of the building and hid themselves in the darkness.

The men searched the area, shining their torches around the building blocks.

 

Kyung decided to distract them so the three could escape. He jumped onto one of the men and tried to hold him down as long as he could.
“RUN!”

They ran but, came to a dead end. They quickly climbed the wired fence and jumped over. Zico waited for Kyung to show up then help him.

He finally appeared out of the darkness and started climbing. One he got over halfway, Zico let his hand out to help him down. The men caught up and pulled him back down then started beating him up.

Zico went over to help him. “Jaehyo, take Dara with you. We’ll meet up later.”

He did as he was told and pulled her away.

 

‘’Are they going to be alright?” She stopped to catch a quick breath. “Don’t worry, they’ll be fine.” He assured and they continue running. Just as they turned into an alley, the men saw them.

 “There they are, after them!”

Jaehyo pulled her into a different alley way and continued to run.

Shots fired out. The sounds of bullets hitting nearby trash cans and the sound of multiple footsteps echo around them.  Jaehyo continue to pull Dara into different alley ways trying to escape from the men.

After a while, the sound of gun shots and footsteps faded. Jaehyo stopped running and scan the area for the men. Dara leaned against a nearby wall to catch her breath. Small puffs of smoke formed as she breathes in and out because of the cold air.

“Did we lose them?”

“It seems like we have, but we have to be quiet just in case some of them are still around.”

Jaehyo leaned against the space on the wall next to Dara. He looked up at the sky and let out a sigh. Just then, he notices a figure-like shape on the roof top of the opposite building. The figure made a click sound and pointed something at Dara.

In a split second, Jaehyo moved in front of Dara. He was right in front of her, with his lips just centimetres away from her’s. His arms were placed on either side of her head.

“Jae-“ Just as she was about to speak, the sound of a gun shot rang out.

Jaehyo’s face twisted in pain as the bullet went into his shoulder blade. Blood had started to drip to the ground from his wound.

Dara stood there shock, staring wide eye at Jaehyo.

“Jaehyo.” She whispered his name, tears started to form in her eyes.

“Run.” He whispered back. She didn’t, she couldn’t. Her legs wouldn’t allow her to move. It was like she forgot how to run or move.

The men started to surround them. There were a total of five of them. One of them had a gun, two had wooden baseball bats and the other two had knives.

The one with the gun made his way towards them. Jaehyo turned around to face them. He covered Dara with his body. From where she was standing, she could see the shot wound. Blood had continued to drip from the wound. Half of his shirt was soaked in blood. Tears drip down her face as she looked at the wound.

“My, my, look what we have here. Two little rats trying to run away. Did you really think you could escape us?”

“Huh. If you think you’re so good, then why do you have so many men with you? Didn’t think you could take us on by yourself?”

“Shut your ing mouth. I don’t need you. We came here for the girl. Give her to us and we won’t kill you.” He tried to move towards Dara, but Jaehyo blocked his path.

“Nice try. How about I kick your instead. Then you can run back to your ing boss crying.”

 The man moved closer towards Jaehyo and pointed the gun to his head. “Last chance. Get out of the way.” Jaehyo smirked and in an instant snap the gun out of the guy’s hand. The gun flew into a large dumpster nearby.

The man looked lost for a minute before he told the others to get them. Jaehyo fought with two of the men with the knives while the other two with the bats went after Dara.

Frighten and scared, she back looked around to find something to protect her but found nothing. Jaehyo was already busy trying to fight the others so he couldn’t help her.

The men made their way towards her. “Be a good little girl and come here. If you do, we won’t hurt you. But if you won’t, don’t blame us.” One of them reached out to grab her but she grabbed an empty trash can and threw it at him. It flew and hit him on the head.

“Your choice, princess” He growled and swung his bat at her. Dara bobbed down just in time. The bat just missed her before hitting the wall next to her.

The other one ran towards her, grabbed hold of her hands and held her against the wall. “Gotcha now, princess. What are you going to do now, huh?”

She panicked and kneed him where the sun didn’t shine. The guy fell to the ground and moaned. The other one was about to come closer to her when she found an empty glass bottle. Just when the guy grabbed her arm, she swung around and smashed the bottle on his head. The guy fell unconscious at the feet.

Dara looked up and noticed that Jaehyo had finished off the two men and was on the floor clutching his injured arm.

She rushed over to him. “Are you okay?”

Jaehyo looked up at her and gave her a tight smile. “I’m alright, let’s get out of here.”

After she had help Jaehyo up, she noticed something shiny moving behind him. “Watch out!”

She pushed him out of the way and blocked him with her arm. Blood rushed out from her wound, dripping off her arm. The man with the gun had taken a knife from one of his men and had planned to stab Jaehyo.

Dara had blocked the attack with her arm, causing the knife to slice along her arm, producing a large scar running between her wrist to her elbow.

She pulled her arm back and clutching her arm to her chest and cried out in pain. Tears sprung in her eyes.

Fury and anger filled Jaehyo as he punched the man to the ground until he was unconscious.

“Don’t. F**king. Touch. Her. You. Dirty. B**tard” He enunciated every single letter in the words.

Dara grabbed his arm and slowly pulled him away from the man. “It’s okay, Jaehyo. I’m fine now. Let’s just go.”

Seeing her in pain, made him felt guilty and helpless. Blood was still coming out of her wound, so he ripped parts of his shirt and wrapped it gently around her arm.

“Jae-….your- … You don’t have to do this. It’s fine.” Ignoring her, he continued to secure his shirt around her arm.

When he was done, he pulled her close to him and hugged her firm but gently. He closed his eyes and buried his face into her hair.

“Don’t you ever do that again. Do you understand?” Shocked by his actions and her inability to speak, she nodded.

 

-----------------------------------

 

The others members had left because they have their schedule as they were still kpop idols. D.O being the only one without a schedule, stayed behind to help you wash up and go to school.

“Oppa?” You guys were just washing the dishes and thought that it was a good time to ask him some questions while the others were away. You didn’t know why you wanted to ask him and not the others. He just gives off a comfortable aura around him that makes you feel like you could talk to him about anything.

“Yes?” He replied, staring out the window in front of them.

“What are the signs on your forearm? Like here.” You pointed at the edge of the symbol that was not covered by his shirt.

Consciously, he pulled the shirt down so that it was covering it. “It’s nothing really. Just a tattoo.” His voice was little but you could hear a hint of anxiety in his tone.

“Did all of you get it at the same time? They all seem pretty similar.”

“What? Oh… you mean the others…ummm… yea, we all had it done at the same time. We were all best friends when we were younger. We used to do everything together. Why did you want to know this all of a sudden?”

“I was just curious, that’s all….D.O oppa?” “Yea?” “What does it feel like to be loved?”

“Huh?” He stared at you in surprise. “Why do you want to know that?”

You stared are the dishes as you spoke. “It’s nothing really. It’s just that, you look like you know what it’s like to be loved by your parents, friends and family.” You tilt you head downwards, trying to not meet his eye.

You were sad that your parents had died when you were younger. You never felt what it was like to be loved by your parents. Tears gather in your eyes at the thought of your parents.

D.O looked at you for a while before washing his hands. After drying them, he pulled you to a chair before kneeling down in front of your so he could see your face.

Using his thumb, he wiped the tears away from your eye and lifted your head up to meet his.

“Linhye-ah, you are loved by lots of people. Just look around you. There you’re oppas, your foster parents, and your friends and there is us there too. We all love you lin lin. Don’t you ever doubt that. If it makes you feel better, you could come to me whenever you need me and I’ll be there for you, as your oppa, appa or umma” He laughs after saying that.

“Really?” Your eyes sparkle as they meet his. “Yes, really. Just don’t tell the others or I don’t think they will ever stop teasing me about it. Promise?”

You nodded. “Promise.” Giggling, you hugged D.O oppa. “Thank you D.O Umma.”

He just laughed. “It’s alright, sweetheart.” Both of you laugh once he said that.

“Come on, Kiddo. We have to go to school or we’ll be late.” You check the time on the wall. “Oh no, we only have 10 minutes left, and we don’t have the van because the others took it. Otteoke?”

“Breathe sweetheart. Oppa will sort things out. Just go get dressed and meet me out in the front yard.”

Reluctantly, you went into your room to get dressed. After 2 minutes, you came out with your school uniform and open the front door. What you sure astonished you. There D.O oppa was wearing a helmet sitting on a motor bike.

“Where did you get this from oppa?”

“I stole it.” He said with a straight face. “What?” You stared wide eye at him. “I was only joking. You should have seen your face. It was priceless.”

You blinked at him a couple of times before finally processing what he was saying. “That’s not funny oppa.” You pout.

Unable to stand that cute face of yours, he apologised. “Seriously oppa, where did you get this from?” You were sitting securely behind him with your hands hold the back of his shirt and with your helmet on.

“It was in the back of the garage. I just remembered it was there so, here it is.”

He grabbed your hands and wrapped them around his waist. “Hold tightly, I don’t want you falling off now, do I?”

With that said, he took off.