01.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

"Wake up! wake up! WAAAAAAKKKEEEEE UPPPP!!" Ljoe's alarm rang and he reached over to his bedside table to off his alarm. He opened his left eye to check the time and hit snooze before falling asleep again. The cycle repeats for 3 times before he finally decides to get up. He stretched himself and sat up on his bed, scratched his head and walked to the bathroom with his eyes still closed, resulting in him hitting the bedside table. "Ow!" He hissed in pain and rubbed his knee, "Stupid table..." He muttered and headed towards the bathroom.

After 30 minutes, he was done preparing for school. He checked himself one last time in the mirror and grabbed a piece of bread and went out of the house. "Yo dude!" He heard a familiar voice after locking the door. He turned around and saw 4 guys waiting for him. "What's up?" He greeted his friends and walked to the school with them. 

“Where’s CAP hyung?” He asked the maknae but Niel answered instead. “He found a new target yesterday night, probably going to school with her now.” Ljoe sighed. Typical hyung. “You should’ve been there last night, hyung!” Ricky bounced up and down, telling Ljoe about how many pretty ladies were there at the club last night, but Ljoe has no interest at all. “Okay okay I get it. But I still prefer staying at home.” He argued. “Not to be mean, hyung, but sometimes I wonder if you’re gay. I mean, you don’t do clubs and girls don’t catch your eye.” Changjo stated, earning a glare from Ljoe. Changjo raised his hands in surrender and Chunji came over and slung an arm around Ljoe. “Yeah, man. I understand why no girls at our school caught your eye yet but you should come with us to the club again someday. There’s tons of college girls there nowadays because of summer break.” Ljoe shook his arm off and scoffed.

“No thanks. Did you forget what happened the last time I went there?” He asked. Niel gasped. “I remember! Wow that lady was persistent.” “Yeah! And ugly too!” Ricky piped in. “The way she forced herself on you… ugh.” Changjo shuddered at the horrible memory that poor Ljoe had to face the other day. “Exactly. So, thanks for the invite, but no thanks.”

 

Once they reached school, they heard girls scream their names. It has become a routine and all of them are used to it already. Most of the girls shouted Ricky’s name because he’s the cute and friendly visual maknae who smiles at everyone, but most of them actually fantasize about Ljoe because of his cold attitude towards everyone except his friends. They walked past the student body coolly and headed to their respective classes.

During lunch, Ljoe took his tray and sat at their regular table. CAP was still nowhere to be seen. “So do you guys wanna hit the arcade or something after school?” Ljoe asked. “Can’t. I have a date.” Chunji answered and the other 3 shouted “me too!” Ljoe sighed, half expecting this answer already and ate his lunch in silence.

After school, they parted ways and Ljoe was back to being alone. He stared at the ground while walking, kicking small pebbles that were in his way. He blew on his bangs and walked home. Sometimes, he hated himself for having such high standards. No girl ever fit his criterias: big doe eyes, innocent, height must be shorter than him, cute and have a nice personality. The girls that his friends find are those one-time things, meaning they only date for the fun of it. But for Ljoe, it’s different. He actually believes in love and feels that relationships should be taken seriously, which is one of the reasons he is still single.

He took a shower and his laptop. He surfed the net for awhile, jumping from webpage to webpage until he saw an interesting ad on facebook. “Looking for a potential girlfriend? Come down to Happy Love and choose one! Your criterias will most definitely be met!” He read out loud. This ad is definitely different from those matchmaking ads he usually saw and it most definitely caught his eye. Well there’s no harm in just looking right? He assured himself. He took down the address and went there straightaway.