Chapter 2 Second Kiss

Entwined

 

SANDARA POV

 

I was daydreaming again, recalling my first kiss. It has been 8 years since I last saw him.

 

My family moved to another country for business. And it was only now that we were coming back.

As we were approaching our old house, I can’t help but recall memories of that day more vividly especially as I hold the Peter Pan book with the name Jiyong written inside in childish handwriting. I remind myself to return it if I see him again.

 

After the ‘kiss” incident, my parents called me so we could come home. I nicked the book intending to punish Jiyong. However, I did not have anymore opportunity to see him since I was not aware that we would soon be leaving for abroad the following week.

 

 I enjoyed studying abroad. However, I remained shy and opened up to only a few people. My favourite hangout place was still the library.

 

I’m excited to start University. My love for books and poetry has made me want to become a writer.

 

On the first day of University, I got to see my dorm which was located opposite of the building where I will have my classes, across a field and the library.

“This will make being late easy. At least the library is nearer.”

 

As I made my way, carrying luggage and books, I decided to cut across the field. I was absent-mindedly taking in the surroundings that I didn’t notice a spike-haired guy lying on his back on the grass.

 

 

 

GD POV

 

“AAAArrgghh!” I screamed from pain. I opened my eyes and saw pink sneakers stepping on my privates. I must have surprised the dummy who stepped on me because I was soon trapped in a cascade of books, sending me to another level of pain.

 

“Mianhe, mianhe, mianhe” I heard a high-pitched voice.

 

“Oh it’s a stupid girl” I thought and threw her a murderous stare.

 

I saw her apologizing and doing repeated bows in front of me. She looked so ridiculous all flustered with glasses and an apple hairstyle that I said “What a dork” and started laughing.

 

She must have thought I was mental. “Hey mister, are you alright?”

 

“Other than losing half a million of my would-be descendants, and unmanning me, added with the possibility of a concussion. I am just fine.” I said sarcastically.

“You must be new here. Otherwise you would have avoided me. What’s your name?”

 

 “Wwhy? I’m Ssan—Sandara” She stammered.

 

“Because people who cross me, usually pay.” She looked scared and I enjoy seeing her tormented.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my head.

 

“From now on, as punishment, I’ll make you my slave. Learn my name, Ji—G Dragon. GD for short” I almost forgot to use my cool nickname. “I’ll discuss this with you later. I have a date to catch up. Expect me every now and then.” I stood up to leave. In a practiced move, I gave her a peck on the lips then left.

 

Walking away, I don’t know what made me do it, must be her innocence I want to erase or perhaps to brand her as my slave. It never even occurred to me that perhaps it was her first kiss. But her lips were soft and sweet, and tasted something familiar from my childhood.

 

I expected her to stay rooted on the spot perhaps blushing or giddy as some of the other girls were. From a distance, I thought I heard her crying.