Chapter 30 Half-truth

Entwined

 

DARA POV

 

Everyday I feel that he loves me, even without confessing.

 

Everyday I love him and I feel myself wanting to stop pretending. I was waiting for the right moment. His birthday is nearing so I figured it would be the best time.

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

It’s almost my birthday. I plan to tell her everything before then. I hope she finds it in her heart to forgive me.

 

I invited Dara to our house to meet my parents. I told them I was bringing a special someone I wanted them to meet.

 

“Mom, Dad I want you to meet someone special to me, Sandara Park” I said.

 

“Good evening uncle, auntie. Please call me Dara.” She said

 

My parents seemed taken aback seeing a different Sandara. I let my parents know the truth at the last minute, knowing my mother would be furious. I told them she had amnesia and did not remember anything about me.

 

Dinner was rather awkward.  My father was avoiding looking at Dara while my mother was throwing him stares. Dara seemed oblivious.

 

“I’m sorry if my parents seem to be not interested with you" I said

“You see, you’ve already met before and they already know about you” I tried to explain.

 

“It’s alright” she said. “It would seem pointless to ask again”

 

I was glad when dinner was over. Before we left I talked to my parents. I told them I loved them but I also loved Dara and I was not willing to give her up again. I told them to work out their differences.

 

Turns out they already did. Unknown to me, my parents have started to date each other again. After almost 7 years of separation, my father has realized he loved my mother and is wooing her again. (Sneakiness must be inheritable) No wonder I haven’t seen my mother drinking. I brought Dara back to her apartment in a light mood.

 

Dara was sitting on the couch while I was pacing in the room trying to think of how to tell her the truth.

 

“Dara, the things I’m going to tell you now, I haven’t told you before, but I want to tell you now before I lose courage. But before I say more, I have to tell you one thing I have already told you before, I love you.” I said staring into her eyes letting her see into my soul.

 

I proceeded with my confession. “You may not remember but we used to be a couple. I broke up with you and you moved abroad to study. I regret not letting you know the truth then afraid that it may hurt you and afraid of hurting my mother. You don’t remember now but my father knew your parents way before. Turns out he had been in love with your mother before he married my mother. My mother found out and it hurt her a lot. When we had dinner before with your parents, it was the only time I learned the truth. I love my mother so I decided to stay away from you. It broke my heart to hurt you but I didn’t know what to do then. I’m sorry” I said.

 

Dara kept quiet but I can see comprehension then a questioning look in her brown eyes.

 

“Don’t worry. Your parents don’t know about this” I said “and it turns out my parents are okay with each other now”

 

“I’m sorry Ji, I didn’t know” she said crying. She stood up and hugged me.

 

“I forgive you” she said.