Chapter 25 Something Burning

Entwined

 

DARA POV

 

It’s been 3 months of friendly bliss so far. And I am interested as to when will Jiyong make his move.

 

I can’t believe he is trying to slow down. I could see the way he looks at me sometimes. One minute he looks like he will pounce on me then retreat. Sometimes, he would carry a soft expression when he stares at me.

 

I remember one time when we were in the office archives sifting through old books and magazines. I saw him looking at me with so much tenderness my resolve almost weakened.

 

“Jiyong, I found the issue you’ve been looking for!” I said looking back at him. I saw him staring at me with glowing eyes and a childish smile, like a child would on Christmas.

 

“Were you staring?” I asked.

 

“No.”

 

“Liar. You were too.” I said.

 

“Well, maybe a little.” He conceded. “Did you know it’s been 3 months already? And I missed looking at you” he said.

 

Only then did I remember I forgot my contacts and was wearing my glasses.

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

It’s been 3 months of friendship with Dara. I enjoyed the friendship but I missed my girlfriend. Not being able to touch her and kiss her is making me crabby and cranky like an old woman on menopause.

 

I remember one time while we were hanging out in her apartment, Dara came out wearing a tank top and shorts since her clothes were just laundered and she had nothing else to wear. My nose almost bled from too much heat. I haven’t seen that much of her skin exposed.

 

“Why are you staring?” she asked.

 

“Nothing.” (Why are you wearing that woman! Cover yourself up!)

 

“Something wrong?” she asked again.

 

“I forgot something burning at my apartment.” (Something wrong? Seriously I am trying hard to restrain myself!)

 

 “I should go now” I said hurrying to leave. Damn! If I stayed longer I would’ve pounced on her.

 

I needed to up my game soon. I decided to proceed with the next step of my plan.