Chapter 6 Rain

Entwined

 

GD POV

 

It has been 3 months since I met Sandara, and I am surprised that I haven’t found her boring yet. She would amaze me sometimes with her perceptions in life. She has become my shock absorber. I remember one time I was complaining about my father meddling with my life choices.

 

“GD, do you know the difference between destiny and fate?” she asked. “Destiny is like a ball thrown in front of you. You could choose to dodge it or not. Fate is a ball thrown behind you. You don’t stand a chance.”

 

“So what are you saying?”

 

“You are your father’s son. You are destined to be his heir. However, the person you will be and ought to be was determined by fate. The fact that you are his son would not matter.” She stated simply.

 

“When did she become wise?” I thought.

 

 

 

SANDARA POV

 

It has been 3 months since I became GD’s slave. I don’t mind. I sometimes think he does not treat me as a slave anymore. I was secretly thinking that he was the closest thing I have to a friend.

 

It has been almost 2 weeks since we watched the meteor shower and I haven’t seen a trace of him. “Must be busy with a new girl” I thought. “Maybe he has forgotten about me” I felt a twinge in my heart. Jealousy?

“No!No!No!  I should be concentrating on finding Jiyong (My wish on the falling star). But why do I feel the loss of missing him?”

 

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Sandara was walking back towards her dormitory when the rain fell. “Aaaah! Why didn’t I bring an umbrella?! My things will get wet”  

 

Suddenly a jacket was draped over head, and when she looked around “GD!” She was pleasantly surprised.

 

“Stupid girl! Why didn’t you bring an umbrella?” GD scolded. “Let’s run to the nearest shed”

As there was not a nearby shed. They made do with a broken telephone booth to let the heavy rain pass. Both were soaked.

 

Inside the cramped space, they were forced to face each other. Their faces only 6 inches apart. Sandara could not look at GD. Awkward silence passed until GD spoke “Just broke up”

 

Sandara could smell alcohol in his breath. “Is that why you were drinking?”

 

“No. I had a fight with my father. What have you been up to?”

 

“Not much, same as usual” Her glasses were fogging up so she removed them to wipe. With her blurred vision she did not see GD’s reaction when she lifted her face.

 

GD was entranced by her beautiful brown eyes with long thick lashes. “Who would’ve thought that these were hidden behind her glasses” he thought. He had the sudden urge to kiss her. And he neared his face to her.

 

Sandara unaware, suddenly sneezed and rammed her head against GD. “Owww!” both yelped in pain. Moment was ruined.

 

“Mianhe, GD.” Sandara wore her glasses again.

 

“I must be really drunk” GD thought.

 

When the rain stopped, GD walked her all the way to her dormitory.

 

“Thank you” she said then bowed awkwardly. GD had his back turned when she called him.

“Wait. I know we are like master and slave, but are we friends?” she asked

 

With his back still turned, he answered “Sure”

 

“Thank you GD.”

 

 

 

 

Sweet drops of water

Heavens tears washing the earth

Afterwards, rainbow