Chapter 13 Heartbreak

Entwined

 

SANDARA POV

 

Jiyong is back to being cold again. Lately, he has been behaving like the old GD.

“What did I do? Is he going to break up with me?"  I could not ask him that.

I know that the answer would only break my heart. Days would pass, and I could only wait.

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

“I have to break up with her but how do I do that?” She has become my happiness now. I realize that there will be no else for me but her. But I cannot hurt my mother like what my father did. I decided to be cold with her, to become GD once again.

 

“Sandara, did you know it’s been 3 months already?”

 

“Wwhy?” She asked. I can feel the dread in her voice.

 

“I’m bored now. I woke up and I just don’t feel the same anymore. Let’s just break up okay?“ I said.

 

“Jiyong?” Tears were falling from her eyes.

 

“Mianhe, Sandara. I think this is what’s best for us right now. And please don’t call me Jiyong anymore“ I said with much less conviction.

I could feel my heart breaking, seeing her cry. I did not want us to end like this. I stood up and left her in our favourite spot.

 

 

 

SANDARA POV

 

I could not talk or move after Jiyong broke up with me. I could only cry for I don’t know how long. The librarian saw me as the library was about to close and ushered me out.

 

In my dormitory, tears still kept on coming even if my eyes already hurt. I couldn’t sleep. I could only cry.

It’s my first time to experience heartbreak. After waiting for him for so long, I end up like this. I did not want to see Jiyong or GD again. I decided to finish this school year then ask my parents to allow me to transfer school abroad to finish my studies.

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Sandara’s papers were all ready. She just needed to do one last thing to rid herself of Jiyong, so she could move on.

 

Sandara saw GD in their favourite spot. He looked like his usual self, cold and distant, not like the Jiyong she knew.

 

She approached him. “Mianhe, Jiyong…ah GD. Could I talk to you? After this I won’t bother you anymore”

 

He missed her voice. Jiyong looked up and saw her. She was wearing a white dress, with glasses on and her apple hairstyle. Her image sent a stab to his heart. How he missed seeing her.

 

“You must be wondering why I come to you. I need to tell you something so please don’t interrupt” She said.

 

“If you don’t remember, we met at your birthday 9 years ago, the time my parents visited with your parents. I stayed at the library where I met you dressed like this. You told me your favourite book was Peter Pan. I introduced myself as Ssantoki and you said your name was Jiyong. I did not know it was your birthday then and I accidentally slipped that my parents bribed me with red gummy bears just to come so you got annoyed. You said to punish me, I should give you a prized possession. I offered you my gummy bears but you said you wanted a rabbit then kissed me. Did you know you stole 3 things from me that day? 1my red gummy bears 2my first kiss and 3my heart. I have been in love with you ever since and I have always wanted to meet you again. When I met you GD, I thought that I could let go of Jiyong but I was happy when I learned you were the same but sad because you don’t remember me. I may never know why you broke up with me, but I hope you find your own happiness someday. I also want to be happy so I’m leaving to study abroad. I just wanted you to know how I feel before I go.”

 

Jiyong looked stunned by Sandara’s confession and could not speak.

 

“Mianhe if I took this from you. I thought to punish you before but I have always wanted to give it back.” Sandara handed him his missing Peter Pan book.

Before she left, Sandara cupped his chin and kissed him. “Now we are even”

 

When Sandara left, tears fell from Jiyong’s eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

Teardrops fall freely

From my eyes, since you left me

My broken heart bleeds