Chapter 10 His Name

Entwined

 

SANDARA POV

 

Ever since his birthday, which surprised me (being the same date as Jiyong’s birthday, as my first encounter with GD, as my first, second and third stolen kisses, as well as my other kisses which I shame to admit to have given freely to him) he has suddenly become more open to be seen in public with me. He has also become more protective and caring. Asking me if I have eaten, fetching me after class, and calling me before I go to sleep. However, he has not yet confessed his feelings for me.

 

Sigh. ”Are we dating or just friends who kiss?” My mind is getting sick of the matter. I don’t want to assume that there is more between us. I can’t risk my heart. I already feel torn between my loyalty to Jiyong and my new feelings for GD.

 

 

 

 

GD’s POV

 

I decided to invite Sandara to our house. I wanted to introduce her to my parents. It’s my first time introducing a girl to them and I hope they like her. For my sake, my parents were willing to compromise with each other just for the night.

 

I haven’t confessed anything to her yet, and I plan to soon as she meets my family. But with my actions, I hope she gets it.

 

When I introduced her to my parents, she was at first shy but then she warmed up to them. I was glad she was able to charm my parents.

 

“Mother, Father, I want you to meet Sandara.”

 

“Auntie, Uncle, it’s nice to meet you” Sandara said while bowing and flashing them her smile.

 

 

Dinner was going well. The conversation was lively and Sandara was chatting away with my parents. My father then asked about her family. Come to think of it, I have never really asked her such questions. So I listened eagerly.

 

“I am the only daughter of Park Ki Joo and Eun Kyung. My father runs an import export business and my mother used to be a pianist.”

 

“So that’s where her skills came from” I thought.

 

“Park Eun Kyung?” my father asked.

 

“That’s my mother’s name even before she married. My parents had the same family name” Sandara replied.

 

The sound of glass breaking could be heard. My mother dropped her wineglass. “Excuse me. I think I have a headache. Forgive me, Jiyong and Sandara. But I think I’ll go upstairs and rest now.”

 

My father also excused himself, and said he had some work to do. He bade us goodnight and looked at Sandara wistfully before going out, which confused me even more.

“Why are they acting this way? We have already talked that they would compromise for me, yet they act this way.”

 

“I’m sorry, Sandara. My parents must be having a hard night coping with each other, since they separated. I understand if you won’t like me back because of this.” I looked to her apologizing for my parents’ actions. That’s when I noticed she was crying.

 

“Your name is Jji…Jiyong?” she asked, her head bowed and with tears in her eyes.