Chapter 32 Untwist

Entwined

 

SANDARA POV

 

I woke up in Jiyong’s room with him sleeping beside me.

He was lying on his side, my back against his chest, with his arms wrapped around me and his face embedded in the crook of my neck.

 

I felt free knowing I have admitted the truth. I looked to his bedside table and saw an old picture of us, making me smile. Beside it was an old picture of him as a child and…

 

“What’s this? There are 2 Jiyongs!?!”

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

I woke up after the best birthday of my life and felt Sandara stir in my arms. I saw her staring at a picture on my bedside table.

 

Oh ! “Sandara I could explain. That was my older twin brother, Jihoo. He was the original G dragon” I said.

 

“You have a twin? I didn’t know you have a twin. You never told me.” She suddenly faced me with her eyebrows raised and with severe eyes. 

 

“Actually you already knew him.” I said, dreading what was to follow.

 

 “You met him first.”

 

Realization seemed to dawn on Sandara as I noticed her face fell, and she hurriedly stood up. “I have to go”

 

She was gone before I could stop her.

 

 

 

 

SANDARA POV

 

“I have to go” I said then ran away from Jiyong.

 

I went back to my apartment and cried. What did I do to deserve this? Just when I was happy, it would be taken away from me.

 

“No wonder Jiyong did not remember me before, it was Jihoo who kissed me. Why did Jihoo tell me his name was Jiyong? Why didn’t Jiyong tell me this before?”

 

I felt torn deep inside.

 

 

 

 

With no one to turn to for comfort, I went home to my parents.

 

“Omo! Sandara why are you crying? Did you and Jiyong fight?” Ma asked.

 

“Come here.” Pa said and opened his arms to welcome me in a hug.

 

I poured my heart out to my parents starting to when Jihoo and I met and how I cherished his memory thinking he was Jiyong. How Jiyong and I met and how I fell for him.

 

“Can’t you see how confusing this is for me?” I said

 

My parents were quiet. My father was the first to speak up “We already know about this”

 

“Huh? How?” I asked, surprised and curious.

 

“We already knew he had a twin when we attended his 10th birthday. It was the question I did not finish asking Jiyong when he visited before, the one you asked me and avoided to answer because I felt that you weren’t aware of it then” Ma explained.

 

“Jiyong came to visit us prior to your arrival home. He already explained that you mistook him for Jihoo but even then he still loves you. He asked for our blessing to court you again. I gave him the chance to prove his love and sincerity” Pa said.

 

“There is still one more truth you should know” Ma said. “Jihoo died of leukaemia before they turned 15”

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Sandara didn’t know how she could digest all these truths. It was like being trapped in a drama with the plot untwisting.

 

Jihoo kissed her only he said his name was Jiyong. So she took the real Jiyong’s book as payback. She fell for fake Jiyong who turns out to be Jihoo and harboured a secret love for him.

 

She eventually met GD who turns out to be the real Jiyong, who kissed her on their first encounter. She could not stop herself from falling for him.

 

She was happy when she thought she has found him at last but sad because he did not remember, for it was not him but Jihoo, the fake Jiyong whom she met first.

 

The real Jiyong broke up with her and she wanted to get back together with him, but it turns out he was not whom she thought he was.

 

Only now Jihoo, the fake Jiyong is dead. So what about the real Jiyong?

 

 

 

 

 

Truth and lies woven

in a complex web of fate

How does one untwist?