Chapter 4 Sunset

Entwined

 

GD POV

 

Sandara did not know I used my connections to be appointed her partner. I initially planned to sabotage her but I had to admit she had good writing skills. I wonder whom she made the poem for?

 

I was surprised to see her at my secret spot in the library. Bathed in the stained glass light, she looked so peaceful and innocent. Like a memory I can’t recall. That’s when I thought maybe I need someone like her to stop me from being callous.

 

I was surprised she conceded to being my slave. She must be scared of me. I must make it a point to be nicer. No, wait. What am I saying? Why am I being nice? Must be because she is always by herself, maybe I can see myself in her. I am only superficially popular. I have no real friends.

 

 

 

SANDARA POV

 

We worked together for my haiku series in the paper and I must admit he is good. He takes a picture before I get my inspiration or I write one then he does the same. I remember our first collaboration.

 

GD told me his favourite part of the day was sunsets. I too felt a connection with sunsets. It’s the most dramatic part of the day and evokes a feeling of sadness and loss. It was no surprise that one day he asked me to accompany him to watch sunset by the beach.

 

“Can’t you bring one of your girlfriends to come? I still have a test tomorrow. Or maybe you could ask one of your guy friends?” I complained

 

“Why are you so hard-headed?  Have you forgotten you’re my slave! If I bring a girl she would think I’m serious with her. And it’s not an activity for guys” he scolded.

 

“Alright. Just let me bring my books.” Stupid GD, what am I then if not a girl?

 

On the way over, I tried to cram my studies. As we arrived on the beach, the sun was about to set. It was a sight to behold. I had the urge to write a haiku.

 

I saw GD walking down the beach. He seemed forlorn. I wonder what could have caused him to hurt like that? I can’t help but think there is more to him. He is human after all.

 

On our way back, he was back to his annoying self.  Annoying me endlessly I could not study. “Why are you so mean. I did what you asked. Will you just let me be?”

 

“Why will I do that? You should learn to lighten up. The world will keep on going even if you failed you know?” he said.

 

“Is that why you keep pretences?” I thought.

 

 

 

 

 

The sky is burning

Red orange, pink and golden

Sunlight fading fast