Chapter 26 New Day

Entwined

 

JIYONG POV

 

I planned to remind Dara of our past so I decided to remake all of our special memories and also make new ones.

 

I disguised it as a feature for the magazine, where she and I could work together just like we did in college.

 

Our first feature was Sunrise-Sunset.

 

We drove to a coastal town before sunset. I had food in a basket and blanket prepared to spread on the sand.

 

We watched the sky turn orange then pink with tints of red and gold until night came in and everything was swallowed by darkness.

 

I was happy to end the day with her. Somehow the feeling of sadness I used to associate with sunsets was lessened by her presence.

 

We rented a cottage by the beach, with separate rooms of course, to sleep in as we wait for sunrise.

 

Before sleeping I sent her a message. “Goodnight Dara, hope I could end everyday with you.”

 

 

DARA POV

 

He woke me up early to wait for sunrise. He handed me a mug of hot chocolate and we sat on the shore waiting for the sun to come up.

 

I loved the stillness of dawn, when the rest of the world was still asleep.

The wind blew and I felt myself shiver from cold. He must have seen me because he pulled me in, to embrace me from behind, encircling me in his warmth.

 

The sky was blue and purple then suddenly golden rays of light peeped through. Sunrise came to give way to a new day.

 

He disengaged himself awkwardly and smiled. He walked ahead of me. It was time to go back.

 

You may not hear me, but I hope somehow, the wind carries the message I could not say myself

“I wish I could start everyday with you”

 

 

 

 

 

Sunset to sunrise

A never-ending cycle

Of endings and hope