Chapter 20 Butterfly

Entwined

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Sandara arrived and was welcomed by her shocked parents.

 

“Omo! What happened to you? You look all grown up now and prettier! The glasses must have been in the way” Mrs Park said.

 

“That’s the point Ma! I have grown up now.” Sandara said pleased that her parents saw her transformation.

 

“Well, whatever you look like I’d still say you’re pretty.” Mr Park said.

 

Being a grown up, Sandara’s parents allowed her to have her own apartment near her work.

 

“Are you sure you’d be all right living alone?” Mrs Park asked.

 

“Sure, Ma. Don’t worry. I have been living abroad alone you know?” Sandara assured her mother.

 

“It’s just that with what recently happened, I can’t help but feel protective of you. Plus you’ll be working with—“ Mrs Park was cut short by her husband.

 

“Honey, let her be. She’s an adult now. I trust you Sandara. Just call us if you need anything all right?” Mr Park said

 

Sandara was then left by her parents. On their way home her parents were having a discussion.

 

“Why did you stop me? Don’t you think our daughter deserves to know?” Mrs Park asked her husband.

 

“I think she will know in time. I need to see if Jiyong really loves our daughter. I want to test his sincerity now that we know Sandara does not remember him.” Mr Park explained.

 

 

SANDARA POV

 

“It’s my first day at work. Hope I make a good impression.” I thought to myself. Stepping inside KDG building, I was immediately amazed by the interior.

 

The women’s magazine I will be working for was just recently launched. The magazine was called Butterfly, and like the insect it signifies transformation and possibilities. It was edgy and chic and catered to different interests of women.

 

I was assigned to the Literary and Fiction department on the 4thfloor. I was entering the elevator when I heard a commotion behind me.

 

“Good morning, Mr Kwon.” The other employees greeted.

 

As I turned inside the elevator, I saw the man they greeted.  He was slim, with black hair almost falling on his eyes. When he saw me, his face froze. The elevator doors then closed.

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

I was excited to see Sandara after not seeing her for so long, I know it’s her first day so I came early to the office.

 

Upon my arrival, employees started to greet me. “Good morning, Mr. Kwon”

 

I nodded at my employees and was stunned by who I saw in the elevator. I only caught a glimpse of her before the elevators closed.

 

“Sandara?”