Chapter 27 Wet

Entwined

 

DARA POV

 

It has been a rainy week. Heaven must be having a hard time what with the downpour going.

 

I was enjoying a rainy weekend, watching rivulets of rain form at my window.

 

I received a text message from Jiyong: “Let’s go out and play.”

 

“Hmm… what is he up to?” curious I decided to come.

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

I met Dara outside her apartment. I have decided for our feature to be about playing in the rain.

 

We walked to a nearby park. I was holding an umbrella for both of us. Her nearness is intoxicating. “Dara, have you ever played in the rain before?”

 

“No, my parents wouldn’t let me. I catch cold easily” she said.

 

“How ‘bout we play now. And if you catch a cold, I’ll take care of you. Deal?” I said

 

She nodded her head and smiled.

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Like children, Dara and Jiyong were chasing each other amidst the rain in the park. They could be heard laughing at their own silliness.

 

Dara slipped on the mud and fell on her , earning a laugh from Jiyong. “Yah! How dare you laugh when I am hurt?” she said and threw mud at him, SPLAT!

 

“Oh!” Jiyong said and got hit on the face. “You fight dirty!” this made Dara laugh.

 

They let the rain rinse away the mud. It was a liberating feeling to let rain wash over you as if you were made new by the rain.

 

Jiyong was gawking at Dara as the rain seeped through the white shirt she was wearing making it almost translucent. To make it worse (or better?), the wet shirt clung to her body showing her figure.

 

“Am I already in heaven with a goddess?” He thought. He invited her to cover under a tree.

 

Dara was stealing glances at Jiyong. His wet hair was dripping on his face, neck and chest. He looked y.

 

“Omo! What am I thinking?” Dara thought to herself, making her blush.

 

Jiyong could not help himself when he noticed Dara blushing. She turned her to face him and raised her chin so their eyes would meet.

 

Eyes staring at each other, hearts beating fast.

 

“Ahchoo!” Dara let go of a sneeze.

 

Jiyong chuckled at the lost moment. “Let’s get you home”

 

 

 

 

 

Heavens fragile pearls

Wrap me in a wet blanket

Wash away my pain