Chapter 7 Secrets

Entwined

 

AUTHOR POV

 

If only people were observant, one would notice that the relationship between GD and Sandara has changed. Out of the library or in front of other people, they would avoid each other. But in the library or when they are out alone, they are like old friends.

 

To GD, Sandara is a breath of fresh air from the usual girls he would meet. He has not noticed that Sandara has been filling in the emotional and mental responsibilities of a girlfriend. The physical part, she could get from other girls.

 

To Sandara, GD is the friend she never thought she could have. Yes, he was bossy, annoying and sometimes sullen but he was also impulsive and adventurous. He has shown her a different side to life.

 

But there are still secrets that are meant to be kept from each other.

 

 

 

 

GD’s SECRET

 

I was 10 when I learned that my parent’s marriage was in shambles. Turns out my parent’s marriage was arranged. My father loved another before he married my mother. But since they got married, my mother had learned to love my father. Only her love was unrequited. After I was born, my father never touched my mother again.

 

On my 10thbirthday, I heard them fighting.

 

“Admit it! You still love her! I saw the way you looked at her!” GD’s mother

 

“Don’t start another fight. You know I have always been faithful to you.” GD’s father

 

“Faithful to me but not in love with me, right?”

 

By the time I turned sixteen, they got a divorce. My father is busy with his work and my mother is wasting away her life with drinking. I have never asked them why. But I have learned not to fall in love. I don’t want to be like my mother despite how much I love her and I can’t exactly say I blame my father for everything he put my mother through.

 

You see I have never been in love nor do I want to. The girls I date are just distractions to keep my popular image. But I don’t really feel anything towards them. Making out is just a way to satisfy my hormones but I have never really gone all the way with anyone. But I would never admit to anyone that I am still a .

 

 

 

 

SANDARA’s SECRET

 

I have been in love with Jiyong since I was 10. He was my first kiss. I did not exactly give it away freely but I always look back at it with fondness. When my family left abroad I thought we would not be coming back. I missed him everyday.

 

When my parents announced that we would be coming back, I was very happy. I tried to contact him, but they have already moved. I tried ways to find him. I learned his full name Kwon Jiyong (same last name as GD, now that she thinks about it). I even enrolled at this university hoping that he would be attending here since it’s the nearest one but I haven’t found him yet.

 

I have always imagined how we would see each other again. It’s been 6 months but I still haven’t seen him. Would he still remember me, Ssantoki, his rabbit?

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

The bond between GD and Sandara has grown without them noticing. Each has become someone who the other needed.

 

GD has found that he has lost interest in other girls and preferred Sandara’s company. He could not believe how an adorkable girl could tame him. Her innocence and candour, both child-like qualities of hers he admires (but would never tell Sandara), have somehow helped him find his old self.

 

“How could she make me feel different?” he thought.

 

Sandara has become content with GD’s company. He has wiped out the boredom in her life.  He has slowly filled the void Jiyong has left in her heart. Sometimes it would leave her confused.

 

If GD was just a friend then how could he replace Jiyong in her heart?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I whisper your name

Like secrets on my pillow

As I sleep tonight