Chapter 3 Favorite Spot

Entwined

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Sandara could not believe how cruel the boy was for stealing a kiss. “Wah! What did I ever do to do deserve this? First Jiyong, now GD? Do I look like the poster girl for stolen kisses?”

Tears just suddenly swelled from her eyes as she recalled what day it was and she couldn’t help but cry.

Exactly 8 years ago, Jiyong stole her first kiss.

 

In a café outside of campus, GD was with his current girl. It has been 3 months since they started dating. He was already bored and was thinking of a way to dump her.

“It’s not you. It’s me. I woke up and I’m just not interested in you anymore. Hope we stay friends”.  With that he stood up, and walked away.

 

GD had a 3-month rule. If the girl gets clingy or boring, he dumps them right away. So far, he’s had a string of 6 girlfriends and occasional flings. When GD turned 15, he had grown into his looks and started to attract female attention which made him popular. And being the only son of a media mogul only heightened his appeal.

 

It has been 2 full weeks since she saw GD, and Sandara was very busy with her classes. “He must have forgotten already. Good thing I have a low profile and don’t go out much.” Sandara thought with relief.

As she was getting out of class, her professor announced that the school newspaper was open for applicants. Sandara thought it was a good opportunity to learn and decided to apply.

 

In the newspaper office, many applicants were tending their application for various positions. Sandara saw that there was a literary department and considered to apply. The only requirement was to submit their own piece of work whether a poem or a short story. Sandara decided upon this and submitted a haiku she made about Jiyong.

 

 

A chance encounter

My name slips sweet from your lips

A smile in my heart

 

 

 

The editors of the school newspaper loved her haiku and decided to have a feature about it. This pleased Sandara a lot until she learned who she would be working with.

 

“GD!?!” she exclaimed. “I didn’t know he worked for the paper.”

 

GD was fond of photography and sketching. After his parents split up, he used them as therapy to forget about his problems.

 

In university, he decided to enrol in advertising so he could take up art and photography classes. As opposed to business school which his father wanted since he had to run their business someday. When he learned that the school newspaper was looking for photographers, he decided to apply.

 

Sandara was hanging out in the library. She was still in search for her perfect spot when she reached the fourth floor which housed the archives. She saw on the farthest corner private booths for reading and decided to go there.

 

“Yes this is it!” She loved her new found spot. It was very far from the librarian, meaning she could sneak eating her gummy bears and was very secluded that only a few people were present in the library. The booth was beside a stained-glass window which casted pretty colors. She was engrossed reading her book that she didn’t notice the person who sat in the booth beside her.

 

“Hey have you been hiding from me?”

 

“Wah!” Sandara cried in surprise. And saw the person that she did not want to see the most.

 

“Mianhe, GD. I wasn’t hiding. (I actually am but I wouldn’t say that) I was just very busy.” she eyed him suspiciously if he plans on doing something to me again.

 

“Chill, I won’t bite you. I see you’ve found my spot. I didn’t know you wanted to see me. If I have known earlier I wouldn’t have kept you waiting” he said playfully.

 

“Why is he in a good mood?” she thought. “I didn’t know you owned this spot. I’ll just leave you alone then” She stood up to leave gathering her things, feeling the loss of her new found spot.

 

“No, wait, don’t go. You could share my spot. I’m not being nice you know.  It would be nice to have my slave around when I need something” GD said.

 

“Oh no! he remembers.”  Sandara thought. She weighed her options. If she ran away, he would still find her and torment her. But if she stayed, he’d still torment her but perhaps she could keep the spot. “Ok. I’ll stay. But I won’t be your slave forever you know.” Dara said.

 

“Why do you think that?”

 

“Because you’ll eventually get bored of me” she said simply.

 

After meeting GD, Sandara did her best to learn about him. She learned that he was the son of a media mogul, Kwon Dong Gun and that he dated too many girls and dumped them once he was bored or found them clingy. Other than that she didn’t know anything else. That is why she was surprised that he was a photographer.

 

“Oh! I remember. You and I will be working for the school newspaper. Did you know?”

 

“Yes. I learned about it today. I think it will be interesting” And GD engrossed himself with something he was working on. And Sandara was left to read her book.  

 

Both kept companionable silence.