Chapter 19 New Me

Entwined

 

SANDARA POV

 

It’s been almost a month since my accident. I try hard to forget about it. But it keeps coming back to me.

 

I thought I have died. Good thing the driver was able to swerve at the last minute and avoided hitting me full on. I only got hit on the side and banged my head on the pavement

 

I remember waking up in the hospital after being unconscious 2 days and saw my parents crying.

 

“Why are you crying?” I asked them. ”I’m still here.”

 

“You had us worried.” Pa said.

 

“I thought we would lose our baby girl” Ma said.

 

“You worry too much. But I am thankful that I am still alive.” I said teary-eyed.

 

“Do you want us to inform Jiyong?” Ma asked.

 

I blanked. “Who?!” I blurted

 

“I think we need a doctor.” Pa said, very much worried.

 

After 2 weeks of thorough medical check-up and counselling, the doctors could not really find anything wrong with me  The doctors pronounced me well-enough to come home and said I must have a case of selective amnesia. They said it happens when a patient had a traumatic experience. 

 

My parents would not discuss Jiyong with me, afraid that it might upset me.

 

I asked my parents to come home before me. “I know I told you I’d be coming home to work right? But I need to stay for a while to pack my stuff and say my goodbyes. I’ll see you in a week”

 

Before I go home, I needed to do something for myself first. I went to the salon and had a make-over. I wanted to be a different Sandara. I had my hair dyed and cut short to give a sophisticated look. I even bought contacts to replace my glasses.

 

I looked myself in the mirror and liked what I saw. It was a different me, far from being innocent, I looked more confident and worldly.

 

“Tomorrow, I’ll come home. Tomorrow my new life starts.”