Entwined revisited

Entwined

 

Entwined – Tim Myers

 

Something in your eyes says you're falling in,
You're a part of me,

You're under my skin,
Every piece of me has felt so incomplete

'til you came into my life


 

 

DARA POV

 

It’s been a year since Ji and I got back together. I love him more and more each day and I don’t think I’ll ever know my heart’s limit. He’s my everything and more.

 

And today we’re celebrating our love in front of our family and friends. It’s time to tie the knot as they say. Funny how they use tie the knot to describe marriage. Our fates have been knotted on so many levels even before. So maybe then it is only fitting, to add another knot into our already knotty lives.

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

After everything Dara and I have been through, I could hardly wait for this moment. Not for lack of trying, but I did all I could to make her say yes. I wanted her to be mine in all ways possible. Besides, I wanted to get married before my parents.

 

 

 

Lover don't you know you're so beautiful?
You're inside my heart,

You're inside my soul,
When I see you move and laugh the way you do

I am melting into you
 

 

 

The vision of her walking towards me would be something I would remember for the rest of my life. She was lovely all dressed in white, like an angel, my bride and my soon to be wife. I love her and loving her has been the best thing in my life.

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

 

“I am yours, you are mine. Heart and soul, body and mind”

 

 

DARA

 

“I am yours, you are mine. A love that is hard to find"

 

 

 

DARA and JIYONG

 

“Forever yours, forever mine. Our fates intertwined.”

 

 

 


You and I are so entwined,
I always knew that I was made for you.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHSigty3E0

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you for your continued support for my fics. I love you allheart

 

i wanted to share the essential aspects i had in mind when i wrote this story for those who are interested.

1 i love poetry and haiku. if you knew me, you'd know poetry is my first love. i incorporated them a lot in this story. i think they give depth and character, and makes this fic unique.

2 i am in love with words. when words are arranged in the best order, they give the story a better flow and meaning.

3 i love metaphors. poetry would not be as it is without metaphors and most works of fiction have metaphors in them whether you realize it or not.

sunset- usually connotes endings (end of the day). usually perceived as sad, leaves a feeling of loneliness (parting of the day- as when someone has departed/ died)

stars- someone once told me how the stars are the hearts of people who've fallen in love and went up to the sky when they were gone. i found it plausible to think of them that way since there are too many stars hence too many loves we are unaware of. 

rain- it is nature's cleaning agent. it refreshes everything and leaves a feeling of starting over, like the world has a clean slate.

sunrise- a new day has come. hope springs.

fireworks- a charge, a sizzle, fire and passion

desert- barren and dry, stripped of life

butterfly- metamorphosis, growth

autumn- change of season (like change of hearts)

gravity- force that keeps us from floating into space, what keeps us grounded, an attraction. as in between people.

 

4 i am a er for romance and happy endings. i love happy endings who doesn't? and the more flutters the better. but i also enjoy a good cry or two. sadness is necessary too so the happy ending would only get sweeter.

5 i write about things i can relate to. sometimes i see myself in the charaters, whether a quirk or an idealism.

6 twists make the story interesting.

the kiss-  the first kiss from jihoo, the second kiss from GD, and all the rest from jiyong. the timing of the kisses occuring during the twin's birthday.

like peterpan-  dara was initially confused with her feelings for jiyong and GD not knowing jiyong and GD was in reality the same person. so when she learned the truth she thought jiyong forgot about her like peter pan did to wendy. but the reason was eventually revealed later.

entwined parents- their parents past when revealed initially became a hindrance to them. there's nothing like a soap opera twist to make star-crossed lovers of everyone.

twins effect- so it was revealed that the boy who took dara's first kiss was in fact jihoo, jiyong's older twin and the hyung he looked up to so much that he fulfilled his promise to him. sad that he died young but he paved the way for dara and ji's love. many ask me why jihoo said his name was jiyong. this is my answer: 1 twins are known to play tricks and exchange identities 2 jihoo knew that the name written in the book was jiyong 3 fate.

amnesia girl- dara pretended to forget about ji so she could start anew with him. was it foolish of her? maybe but it did the trick.

the peter pan book- in the end, dara realized it was ji she really loved. the book said so.

7 destiny and fate. i hope you know the difference.

8 Entwined. i love this word and its many meanings. i chose this title because of its significance in the story- tangled/ interconnected histories, intertwined fate, and if you haven't noticed enTWINed and most of all what it means to me- to be one amidst chaos.

 

It's been a year since I wrote this fic. I feel like a mother celebrating her baby's 1st birthday. But it sure felt like it when i wrote this because this was a labor of love. And it was all worth it.