Chapter 29 Gravity

Entwined

 

AUTHOR POV

 

Autumn came bringing cold winds and the turning of the leaves.

 

The trees were staging a spectacular show.

 

Green leaves turning orange, sometimes pink, with red or purple in some places. But yellow leaves looked best, like gold swaying in the trees.

 

 

 

 

A breeze in the trees

Rustles the leaves and they fall

slowly to the ground.

 

 

It was the changing of the season and of hearts.

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

It’s been 6 months since we were re-acquainted. It would be her birthday next week. I wanted to surprise her.

 

I am more in love with her with the passing of days. I know now that to truly love her, I should love the old and the new.

 

I wish she’d remember soon, but I am also dreading what her reaction would be like once she remembers how I broke up with her and how to explain why I didn’t remember her before.

 

 

 

 

DARA POV

 

Jiyong told me he had a surprise. I let him blindfold me and drive me somewhere.

 

When we reached our destination, he removed the blinds and I was mesmerized by what I saw.

 

In the middle of a field was a table with dinner for two. Candles were lit and gave a romantic glow.

 

We ate dinner in silence, lost in our thoughts. I was touched by his gesture.

 

After dinner we walked uphill to find a pitched tent. He told me we would be watching for shooting stars.

 

“Dara, it’s been 6 months since I got to know you again. And I wanted to make your birthday special.”

 

He pulled something from his pocket, and secured to my neck a necklace with a diamond studded star pendant. 

 

“Happy birthday Ssantoki. You are like this star. You are my fixed point in the sky without which I would be lost.”

 

“I also want you to have this back” handing me his Peter Pan book.

 

I could not say anything. I could only give him a teary smile. My heart was thudding non-stop.

 

Is it possible to fall in love all over again?

 

I looked to the night sky filled with stars, filled with love. A shooting star streaks through the sky.

 

I saw Jiyong bow his head and made a silent wish. “I wish Sandara would find her way back to me soon and please don’t let me hurt her with the truth.”

 

I closed my eyes and wished “Please, please don’t let me hurt him with the truth”

 

 

 

 

 

Stars like leaves fall down

To earth, pulled by gravity

Like I am to you