Chapter 24 BFFs

Entwined

 

DARA POV

 

Jiyong did stay true to his words and became a friend to me. He’s actually a better friend now than he was before.

 

We would eat meals together. He would fetch me in the morning and bring me home at night. He’s the first and last call of the day.

 

In the morning: “Wake up Ssantoki! You’ll be late! I’m coming over in 30 minutes. Don’t bother with breakfast, I already brought you one.”

 

In the evening: “Sleep well Ssantoki. Don’t forget to close your windows or you’ll get bitten by mosquitoes.”

 

On weekends, he would accompany me to do grocery shopping, even in cleaning my apartment. He spends more time in my apartment than his.

 

“Hey! This ramen looks great. Could we try to cook some of this later? And we should buy ice cream too and your favourite gummy bears” or  ”I brought new DVDs with me. Let’s watch it.”

 

People at work are starting to get suspicious of us. But he would just shrug and say we’ve been this way before, like BFFs. I know he is lying of course. But still I can’t help but feel my heart flutter.

 

Another thing I’ve noticed is that since coming to work for Jiyong and changing my look, not one guy has approached me. “Do I still look like an unattractive school girl? I see the way guys look at me now even Jiyong. But how come no one is asking me out?” I wondered.

 

I’ve been having the suspicion that a certain friend has been behind this.

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

Since Dara came, I noticed that many of my guy employees were fanboying her so I decided to do pre-emptive measures.

 

1 Office Memorandum 2011-01 No employee should date their co-employee. (Mwahaha! I’m exempted since I am the boss! I praise myself for actually thinking about this.)

 

However, I would still see fanboys lurking around her during lunchbreak.

 

2 Office Memorandum 2011-02 Talking to co-employees is not allowed during office hours. (I praise myself again for thinking about this. Since she spends her lunchbreak with me and I always fetch her and bring her home)

 

3 I have asked our janitor to take away all loveletters, gifts and flowers that would be put on her desk every morning (Ha! No one can surpass my genius plan!)

 

I’m biding my time getting to know her again before I make my next move. I don’t know who I like more, the old Sandara Ssantoki or the new Dara. I want her to remember soon.

 

But as long as it is her, my heart would beat only for her.