Chapter 18 9/10

Entwined

 

JIYONG POV

 

It’s been almost 2 years when we last saw each other.  I made it through University and graduated. After graduation, I joined my father’s company. My father gave in to my demands and made me manage a women’s magazine we just launched. At least here, I can exercise my talents and skills in photography.

 

I grew immuned to the models who were constantly throwing themselves at me. I would flirt a little just not to irk them but I know in my heart only one girl matters.

 

I have never expected myself to be in love. Of all the things I vowed not to do and still it happened. Like Sandara said, it must be fate.

 

I was wondering what would happen if we meet again. Would she hate me? I was dreading that she may have already found someone else. Still I was hoping that she hasn’t forgotten about me.

 

I visit my brother’s grave more often now. “Hyung, who knew we would be rivals even after you’re dead? Even though you were the one who caused this problem, I know I have to thank you for bringing Sandara into my life.” I said solemnly.

 

“She may have loved you first and kissed you first, but it’s my name she will always remember. I know I promised to be strong and tough like you but I want her to love me for me, not the memory of you whom she thought was me.”

 

I looked at the paper my brother gave me before he passed away. In it was the list of things he had hoped for.  

 

1 Graduate University

2 Work with Dad

3 Keep Mom happy

4 Teach my brother to be strong and tough

5 Be popular  

6 Be called G dragon

7 Date many girls

8 Fireworks for my birthday

9 Lose ity

10 Find a girl to fall in love with

 

“I tried my best Hyung, 9/10 is not bad right? But I think I need to be myself now.”

 

 

 

I was surprised one day, when I saw her poetry published on line. She was still the same. I can’t help but imagine myself being the reason for her poems. An idea occurred to me. I decided to invite her anonymously to write for our magazine through my assistant. Good thing she agreed.

 

Deciding to come clean about it, I even talked to her parents. I was surprised she did not tell them we broke up. And I was able to explain to them the mix up about my brother. I told them that my intentions were sincere and that I really love her. They were reluctant at first but in the end, it seemed I had their blessing. They said she would be coming home this weekend. I was already counting the days.

 

However, the thing about my father would remain a secret.

 

I searched her website and found her last update a month ago.

 

 

Why do I hurt?

 

Must be my fault.

I fell for a boy

Instead of a man

 

Or was it because

I’m just the kind of girl

Who refuse to wise up

And be a woman?