Chapter 5 Shooting Star

Entwined

 

SANDARA POV

 

The days would pass by and GD and I would sometimes keep each other company in the library.  He would be surly sometimes and abusive of his orders but most of the times he just keeps quiet. Occasionally he would ask me what I think about various topics. In front of him, I could speak my mind honestly and not be shy. In front of me, he seemed more relaxed and able to smile or laugh especially at my expense.

 

On our next collaboration together, GD invited me to watch a meteorite shower. I learned better not to complain. It was a good thing I had no exams.

 

 

 

GD POV

 

I invited Sandara to watch a meteor shower. I hoped she could get an inspiration for her writing. I on the otherhand, simply wanted to have a distraction from the pressures my father is putting on me. He has been pushing me to change my major.

 

We set up camp at a field. I pitched a large tent with separate sleeping bags. The forecast said that the shower would start at 11 pm. We still have 3 hours of time to kill.  I looked at Sandara who was smiling contentedly gazing at the stars munching on red gummy bears.

 

“GD, did you know where the stars came from?” she asked

 

“Of course I do. I’m not that stupid. Stars are great balls of gases.” remembering my science class.

 

“Not that. My grandma told me a story once. She told me stars were the hearts of people who fell in love that went up to the sky after they were gone. Imagine just how many loves we are unaware of.” She said in awe.

 

I gazed at the sky which was dark and endless dotted with twinkling stars. I could not help but be amazed of her perception.

“Why? Have you been in love before?”

 

“Maybe. You?”

 

“No. I may have dated girls but I cannot say I’m in love. I don’t want to be placed at the mercy of my feelings.”

 

“Did someone you know get hurt?” she asked.

 

“Despite being occasionally daft, she is perceptive tonight” I thought. I did not answer her question. Instead I reached out to eat some of her red gummy bears.

 

“Why do you always have these?” I asked, seeing her eat a lot when we stay at the library.

The taste was familiar. I remembered that was what her lips tasted like. But something was nagging me only I couldn’t quite concentrate. I was too busy looking at her soft pink  lips. I caught myself before she saw me staring. I scolded myself that perhaps I have been low on hot chicks since my last break-up. I vowed to find a hot girl ASAP.

 

The meteor shower came. And Sandara looked like a child during Christmas.

 

“Wah! So pretty. GD lets make a wish” and she bowed her head lost in her wish.

 

“How could she be hopeful?” I thought.

 

“How come you’re not making a wish? Don’t you know that when a wish is made on a falling star your sincerity reaches the heavens?"

 

Since I had nothing to lose, I thought of a wish." I wish to find the old me”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Night sky filled with stars

Constellation of wishes

From young girls in love