The Calm Before The Storm

Can I Have This Dance? [Hiatus]

Sad Movie - Beast


"Come on." Kai was the first person who spoke up. His hand trailed down to his pocket and felt the bump of his weapon. Chanyeol also started fidgeting with his weapon in his back pocket while Jinkyong just felt like puking.

 

"Okay." Baekhyun nodded and grabbed the door handle of this building. Jinkyong noticed that he has a white, cloudy ring on his finger. Then she reckoned it was the same type like her ring her dad gave her. She felt the ring around her finger and took a deep breath.

 

The door creaked open slightly but Chanyeol's and Kai's legs gave up. Jinkyong gasped and went to catch the closest person to her, Kai.

 

"Kai..... Kai! What's wrong?" Jinkyong shook him desperately as he shook uncontrollably. Baekhyun quickly shut the door and both the guys returned to normal.

 

"What just happened?" Chanyeol muttered as he sputtered out balls of fire from his throat while Kai kept appearing and disappearing, moving from one spot to another but never going too far.

 

"It's all the powerful things in one place." Baekhyun growled, "No wonder Mr.Kim gave Jinkyong the ring." 

 

Jinkyong glanced down at the ring she had and saw that it was going crazy. The mist was flying around like a tornado, but there was a pattern.

 

"Guys, help me figure this out." Jinkyong said quickly. Chanyeol and Kai stood up and stared at her ring. "I think it's trying to tell us something." she continued.

 

"Just look at that." Kai squinted. "They look like.... arrows?" He questioned, but it was true. The mist shifted from picture to picture. First, bows and arrows. And then a silhouette, a cage, and a circle.

 

"Wait a second." Baekhyun spoke up. "What is that circle?" he pointed. The circle lingered there for quite some time before repeating the same images.

 

"That's a button, I suppose." Chanyeol guessed, "But let's not worry about that. We need to find a way to get in there without actually dying." and he was right. They had to do something before whatever that's inside catches on, especially with Baekhyun's suspicion.

 

"How will we get you guys in?" Jinkyong frowned. She rubbed her ring and the mist grew bigger. Jinkyong let out a small squeal in surprise and stared at the big bubble of black mist. She squinted and noticed that Beakhyun's white mist was also growing bigger, enough to cover Chanyeol up.

 

In a matter of seconds, Kai was in her bubble while Chanyeol was in Baekhyun's. 

 

"Wow..." Kai mused. "This is cool. This bubble knows we're related." he grinned. She shook her head at how oblivious he is at the situation and walked forward, forcing Kai to walk too because the bubble dragged him. 

 

"Alright Kai, listen. I think this bubble is a protective bubble so you better stay close to me and don't break the link, okay?" Jinkyong ordered and Kai nodded reluctantly.

 

They grabbed each other's hands and the big bubble of mist decreased and locked their hands together. Jinkyong looked at the big bubble of white mist and rolled her eyes. A second later, the two boys reappeared and their hands were also linked.

 

"Alright, ready?" Jinkyong asked and opened the door, not waiting for an answer. 

 

Kai and Chanyeol braced themselves for another knock out but the link protected them well.

 

Jinkyong sighed in relief walked inside, Kai trailing right behind her. The interior of the building was crap. It had cracked floor tiles and broken windows with flickering lights and torn curtains.

 

Baekyun swept his eyes across the room and shivered. He wondered if the building in EXO Planet was like this too.

 

"All right, first things first." Baekhyun said through their minds, afraid that they would make too much of a loud noise if they spoke. "We need to find the Wind and Earth Element if we want to save our friends. No time to lose, guys. We need to get going." he ordered and started to make his way down a corridor.

 

"Wait." Jinkyong stopped him, "This is not right." she looked around. "It's too quiet. Too...... calm. There's something wrong." She looked at the walls and walked towards them. She used her free hand to knock on it and the building started to crumble.

 

"Woah," Kai exclaimed as he held tight onto Jinkyong's hand. "What the hell is going on?" he questioned.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol ran back to the other pair and stood back to back. 

 

"Stay close, stay low." Jinkyong warned as they crouched down to a low level in case some brick decided to fall on their heads.

 

Suddenly, a wall started to lean backwards, revealing a dark purple.... sky?

 

The wall crashed down on to the floor and split in different directions. The other walls started doing the same and the roof is disappearing. "Hold up." Jinkyong frowned and stood up right. She tugged Kai off the floor and took a step forward.

 

"That void." she said and pointed to the purple surrounding, "That is what is holding this building together. Isn't that magic?" she asked. Kai nodded slowly and started to back away.

 

"That's what made me and Chanyeol weak. This thing prevents us from entering because it's so powerful. But this is dark magic, Jinnie. This stuff is illegal." He explained and tried to run for it but Jinkyong pulled him back.

 

"Where are we exactly?" She wondered and walked around in circles, but found absolutely no exit. Her senses are starting to act up.

 

"Kai, there are no exits!" She started to tremble and backed up towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "I.... I can't stay here long." she muttered. 

 

"Jinkyong." Baekhyun turned to her, "It can't be possible that there are no exits. Look around you. Isn't it a bit suspicious?" he urged her. She took a look and noticed that something was off.

 

There were parts where is was in a darker shade of purple. Jinkyong dragged Kai towards that part of the "void" and sensed absolutely nothing there. She stuck her hand out and Kai screamed.

 

"What do you think you're doing?! What if this thing kills you?!" He went crazy and tried to pull her nack but she refused to move. She reached again and the tips of her fingers touched the surface before Kai could pull her away again.

 

She saw a ripple on the surface and the image of that part of the wall flickers back and forth between purple and a jail cell.

 

"KAI STOP PULLING ME!" She shouted and he stopped. Even Baekhyun and Chanyeol froze. "This is a trick." she whispered.

 

"What?" Kai and Chanyeol gasped at the same time. Baekhyun stared at her with a questionable expression.

 

"What's going on?" he asked and walked towards Jinkyong. She swept her hand through that part of the wall and the image flickered again. Baekhyun gasped. He made eye contact with her and frowned.

 

"Why are they doing this?" he questioned. Jinkyong shook her head and poked her finger into the real purple void. She then felt a shock and flew half way across the room, with Kai flying with her.

 

"WHAT THE HELL JINKYONG." He exclaimed and rubbed his head. She winced and sat up.

 

"Ow..." she pouted and stood up with the other two boys help. Kai got up after her and glared. "Well we better not touch that then." he growled. 

 

Jinkyong ignored him and look at the other odd coloured spots on the surface. "We need to find the right way." she said and walked to a spot where it had the best feeling and swept her hand through the spot. The image flickered to a big hallway and she nodded.

 

"This would have to do." she said, "If not, we could always come back." she tugged at Kai and then at Baekhyun's shirt and dragged them all inside. Little did she know that her words may turn back on her.