Committee

Can I Have This Dance? [Hiatus]


Narrator's POV

"Bye, Jinkyong! Make lunch for us when we come back!" Nana hollered through the doorway.

"I will!" She answered back with a dejected voice while lying facedown on the sofa. Nana laughed and stepped outside. Kai was already waiting for her. They decided to walk today.

"Let's go?" He smiled.

"Hey, Nana... What do you exactly do in this committee?" Kai asked. She glanced at him, wondering how he managed to get in this group while not knowing what it's about.

"Well, it's actually like community service, actually. We don't even stay at school. We go out and help out the citizens, like going to the stray dog centre, the orphanage, and more. It's great fun." She explained and smiled, remembering the times when she and Lizzy read books to the children's and they laughed because Lizzy made a mistake in simple grammar.

"Oh... Am I the only guy there?" He asked her innocently.

"The only guys with special powers." She smiled. He laughed, his eyes curving upwards cutely.

"But I'd rather have you by our side since you don't know the area around here." Nana continued while kicking the stone.

"That's true, but while we go out, we have to look out for anything that could be about the water element or the fire element." He reminded her. 

*Oh.... I nearly forgot about that...* Nana pouted.

"Did you really have to remind me?" She sighed.

"Of course!" He laughed. After a while, he sighed and his tone fell to a soft voice. "Do you know what would happen to our planet if we can't find these elements?"

She hesitated, not really knowing how to answer. "I.. Don't know."

"Without the water element, the merpeople can't live. All our water source will be gone. Suho hyung too. And you know what? Without the fire element, there will be no warmth on winter.. And Chanyeol can possibly.... Die."

A good pang of pain punched her right in the chest. Chanyeol dying? Not possible. Nana's  stomach flips strangely, but she just plainly ignores it.

"So this is very important..." She trailed as they neared the school's entrance.

"Very." Kai said, turning back to his normal self.

Nana looked at the school's main entrance, seeing Lizzy talking to someone she has never seen before.

Kai stared at the person, *That guy looks familiar*

"Hey Lizzy!" They yelled across the field. She turned her head towards them and energetically waved back. Once they arrived where Lizzy was standing, she quickly introduced the person she was talking to.

*That's one hell of a cute boy.* Nana thought, her face flushing.

"Hey, Nana, Kai. This is Amber. She will be the teacher's assistant for a while."

*Aww, what a shame.* Nana thought childishly and suddenly remembering that Kai could read her mind, since their arms were touching.

"Ohhh, so you're a she..." Kai mumbledand Amber laughed.

"I get mistaken easily." She smiled.

"Where's Krystal?" Lizzy piped up.

"She will be here soon." Kai said and winked at her.

"Wait. Hold up. Did you just say Krystal?" Amber stopped their conversation with her hands held out in front of her.

"Yeah. Why?" Kai said, narrowing his eyes at Amber suspiciously.

"Is this Krystal a pixie? She came to find the water element?" Amber continued, ignoring the looks from Kai.

"Anyone mentioned my name?" Krystal popped up from behind Kai, scaring the wits out of him.

"Ahhhhh!!!!!" He screamed, his voice completely transforming into a girl as he ran and hid behind Amber, the only person who looked manly enough to protect him.

"Ugh, and I thought you were the manliest out of the others." Krystal rolled her eyes and her eyes fell at Amber. They stared at each other, not creating a sound.

"Am...ber?" Krystal said slowly as if she just regained her voice.

"Krystal!" Amber suddenly shouted, shaking Kai off her back and ran to Krystal, taking her in for an extreme bear hug.

"Oh my gosh, Krystal! I missed you!" Amber laughed.

" I miss you too, but.. *cough* I'm going to die!" Krystal choked as she tried to push Amber away. Amber noticed and quickly let her go.

"Sorry." She laughed sheepishly.

"Guys, this is Amber.. Well you know, she's the leader of the Magic Forest Guardian. She's half pixie half merpeople." Krystal introduced her formally.

"Well, nice to meet you Amber. I think we should go to class now." Kai said as he puffed his cheeks out, a little annoyed by how close Amber is to Lizzy.

"Okay, let's go." Nana smiled as she walked away with Krystal, leaving the three behind. Kai would always try to cut into Amber's and Lizzy's conversation for some reason, but would always fail to do so.

*Hmph. That Lizzy. Always talking to that handsome girl.... Wait, why am I feeling like this?* Kai furrowed his eyebrows as he thought deeply, not even noticing how he already sat down in class and the meeting started.

"Okay, so everyone understand?" The teacher announced, causing him to snap out of his thoughts and look around not knowing what to do.

"Hey, Kai! Join us!" Lizzy waved at him as he slowly made his way toward their table.

"What are we supposed to do?" He asked them innocently. Nana gave him a weird look.

"Were you even listening to the teacher?" She asked him. He shook his head, slightly embarrassed.

"We have 10 locations to choose, and since you're in our group, we're going to the lost puppy department, and we have to take care as many puppy as we can, and if we break through the teacher's expectations, we get a reward." Krystal explained. Kai nodded, finally understanding what's going on and smiled.

"We're totally winning this. Krystal, you have the most job." 

"Huh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry!!!!!!

I haven't post a chapter for a long long long time! Don't hate me!!!!

You know how much I love you guys... 

Another macro for an apology!

xXInspirit4lifeXx