The Dance Competition

Can I Have This Dance? [Hiatus]


Chanyeol's POV

My mind is confused. I don't know if I should hate Jinkyong or not. I feel like digging a hole and bury myself in it. Why would she drag me into this stupid competition?

"Team leaders, please step up." Jinkyong announced. I stepped backwards and pulled Kai, Sehun and Baekhyun along with me, leaving Xiumin standing in front alone while the Bae guy walked forward.

Xiumin stood still for a couple of seconds before turning around to us.

"Yah! You ungrateful brats!" He yelled, causing laughter booming the whole club.

"Okay, guys. I have created a draw. If you get the red card, you dance first. If a black one, you go second. If a green one, you will start the singing and rapping competition and yellow will start second for the singing and rapping. Get it? You guys will pick twice." Jinkyong explained.

My eyes widened when she said there will be a singing and rapping competition. Is she serious?

Oh my gosh, she is so wicked.

"Rock paper scissor. Who wins pick first." She said and stepped back. The team leaders began and obviously enough, Xiumin hyung lost as always.

Bae put his hand inside the bowl that Jinkyong prepared and pulled out a red card, and a yellow card.

"So it's been decided!" Jinkyong cheered as the crowd cheers along with her, obviously excited. 

Dongyul, or was it Dongsun? Whatever.

One of the twins whispered into Jinkyong's ears and she showed them a thumbs up. From the corner of my eye, I saw Baekhyun narrowing his eyes at her, which made me laugh.

"You guys wait at the side." She smiled and we walked to the left side of the stage and looked at the 5 boys.

"They look good..." Kai mumbled.

"Good as in what?" Sehun wriggled his eyebrows. Kai paused and stared at him.

"Good as in dancing! Not like that.." He blushed furiously and I laughed, holding onto Sehun who was also laughing.

A song suddenly blasted through the stereo we were standing next to, making us jump and lunge nearly a meter away.

Xiumin hyung raised his fist up and a faint glow of silver light lingered on his palms. I dashed toward him and held his hands down.

"Hyung! You can't do this! We're in public!" I hissed.

"But that thing seems to yell at us by singing!" Xiumin hyung whined. 

"Hyung, I think it's called a stereo. It plays music." I explained, still holding down his hands.

"But still..." He pouted and I sighed, letting go of his hand. I walked back beside Baekhyun and looked at the other group. They were dancing their hearts out to this song called "Why so serious." By this group called SHINee.

"They're good, aren't they?" I nudged Baekhyun and he nodded.

"Can we beat them?" He frowned. I laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Of course we can! We always did, didn't we? It's just that Sehun and Xiumin hyung is here with us." I smiled.

"Hyung~ we have a problem!~" Kai sang as he danced towards me. 

"What?" I asked. He smiled and said, "We don't have a song to dance to." 

"Why are you smiling, you idiot?! That's a big problem!" Baekhyun smacked his head and I laughed.

"Ask Jinkyong. She might know." I suggested.

"No need, hyung. I found a song very very similar to the song back in EXO planet.(yes the planet is called EXO. Cliche isn't it?) It's called Machine. We can definitely dance our old choreography to that song." Kai beamed. 

"Hyung, I'm nervous! I need bubble tea!" Sehun whined as he jumped around.

"Yah, you can manage, I believe you." I said. Sehun is addicted to bubble tea, which Luhan said it is cute...

"Wahh!! What a great performance!! Now we will have the other boys back on stage with us!" Jinkyong said through the microphone, scaring Xiumin hyung again when her voice appears magically from the stereo.

We walked slowly back to the middle of the stage alongside with the cheers from Krystal, Lizzy and Nana.... 

Thanks, girls. I appreciate it. ALOT.

Author's POV

"Jinnie, can we have the song called 'Machine' please?" Kai beamed at her.

"Sure do." She answered and browsed through her tracks.

"Jin!" A voice hissed. She smirked and looked up.

"Yes, Baekhyun ssi? Is there anything wrong?" Baekhyun fumed and glared at her, thankfully his back was to the audience.

"Why did you do this to me? And what kind of club has dance competitions?!" He whispered.

"Firstly, I wanna see your moves, secondly, this club." She smirked and waved her hands.

"Go back to your team, the song is starting soon." Baekhyun pouted and walked back to the guys.

"So what choreo?" Xiumin asked.

"You know the one where Kris hyung fell from the stage?" Kai said. Sehun bursted out in laughter but had to hold it in because the audience are staring at them.

The song came and they jumped, quickly arranging themselves into position and started dancing.

Kai came forward and led the group on the first part, popping their chest up and down making the girls drool. 

And then the dance goes on, Sehun with his hot poker face, Xiumin and his cuteness, Chanyeol with his derpyness (is that even a word), Baekhyun and his cute smile and Kai with his chocolate abs.

"Wooohh! You guys did great! Are you ready for the singing competition?" Jinkyong said through the microphone as she smile.

"No.." Baekhyun panted.

"Okay then. We will have a short break right here. We'll be back in 5 minutes, enjoy!" Jinkyong announced and turned the club music back on and walked off stage.

"Good job, guys." Jinkyong patted Hyun's back and they bowed, gulping down their water. She smiled and walked away, meeting the EXO boys lying on the floor panting and worn out.

"Oh, come on, guys! You can do better than that!" Jinkyong laughed as she pulled Baekhyun up.

"You can say that cuz you didn't dance! I think I know why Kris gege fell off stage now." Baekhyun shot back and fanned himself.

"Stop being such a diva and get ready for your singing competition, little boy. You guys are up first." Jinkyong said.

"Baekhyun and Xiumin hyung will definitely start together. What song are you going to sing?" Sehun asked.

"I don't know. But I heard this song from Jinnie's music player thingy. I think it's called 'Forever' by One Way? I'm not sure." Baekhyun mumbled.

"I think I know how to sing that song! Before we came here, I watched the big weird mirror thing and that sing was playing!" Xiumin smiled.

"I think it's called a television, Xiumin." Krystal appeared from nowhere and spoke.

"Whatever, but I can sing that song." Xiumin and Baekhyun said at the same time.

"And you guys?" Jinkyong turned to the remaining boys.

"We decided on the song 'New Drag' by One Way. There are a lot of rapping so it's cool." Chanyeol said.

"So everything is decided?" Jinkyong asked. They nodded and she smiled, walking away to the other group to check what sing they want.

Deciding on the song, Jinkyong instantly know this battle is a fierce one.


Hello my babies!! I'm back!!

Sorry, I've been busy with a lot of stuff lately, let's just say life isn't going the way I wanted it to...

But I haven't forgotten my lovely subbies and readers here!!

Since I updated, you guys are not mad, right? *Gets shot*

And please check out the links for One Way's songs. They are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! *o*

And I love you guys as always!!! *showers you with rainbows and unicorns* 

xXInspirit4lifeXx