The Singing Competition + Hint

Can I Have This Dance? [Hiatus]


Baekhyun's POV

"Oh. My. Gosh. Guys!!! I didn't warm up my voice!!!" I yelled amd started running around for water. 

"Baek, stop." I heard Lizzy's voice.

"Seriously. Stop. Running." Nana growled. All of a sudden, my body froze and I couldn't move. At all...

"Hyung!" I whined. It's definitely Xiumin hyung who did that to me.

"Sorry, but you were too annoying." He shrugged. Chanyeol, who was nice enough, helped defrosting my body.

"Does someone have water?" I asked after I can move around. Lizzy handed me a glass of water and I gulped it down. I quickly coughed and stared at her.

"What is this? Why is it so weird? It's like sweet bubbling water." I frowned.

"It's Sprite. A fizzy drink." She laughed and handed me a proper water and I drank it down. 

"How about a vocal warm-up?" Kai suggested and I nodded. Chanyeol started from the lowest note which creeped me out a bit. Sehun went next and then Kai, Xiumin hyung and me. It was quite easy for me because our voices are going higher, and harder for Chanyeol. That's obviously why he is the rapper and is out of the game first.

"AHHHH--ack." Kai choked and we all laughed. It was predicted that he will be out. Sehun was out after Kai and then it's Xiumin hyung.

"Wahhahahaha!! I win again!!" I beamed and jumped around.

"Guys! The show will be starting soon!" I heard Jinkyong's voice from somewhere further in the backstage and I looked at the guys.

"We gotta do this." Kai said, his competitive self showing up. I chuckled and nodded. We grabbed the microphone provided at the back stage and walked up stage.

The crowd cheered loudly and I could feel my confidence rising up.

"And now coming up with One Way's song, Baekhyun and Xiumin will be singing 'Forever'!" Jinkyong announced at her DJ booth and turned up the soft tune. 

One thing that is good about being in Exo is that we have a very sharp memory and we can memorize things very easily.

Xiumin hyung lifted the microphone to his mouth and started singing. I could literally see the girls melting to the floor by his sweet voice. When it was my turn, I sang. I sang my heart out, for the sake of winning and impressing a certain someone.

"That was amazing!!" Jinkyong gasped as we got off stage. I smirked and looked at Xiumin hyung.

"I know. Now go back to announce the boys' singing competition." I said and walked away to where Krystal was standing, agape.

"I never knew...." She whispered and I laughed.

"He have singing abilities too, you know. In fact, we are perfect." I said and Nana laughed.

"Perfect? How?" Lizzy scoffed.

"How? Easy. We just are. We can do anything." Xiumin hyung said. Lizzy shook her head and poked hyung's head.

"From my memory, Jinkyong told me you can't get out of a fridge." She raised her eyebrows. Hyung blushed and slapped her hand away.

"I was scared, alright?" He huffed and she laughed. I smiled and glanced at Kai who was sulking in the corner. I raised my eyebrows and looked back at Xiumin and Lizzy, and then back at Kai. I snorted and they all looked at me.

"Why did you laugh?" Nana asked. I shook my head and smiled.

"Nothing. Just remembered something funny." I excused and walked out of the back stage to Jinkyong's office.

I sat on her spinning chair and spun around. I heard the other team singing outside and I sighed. We still have that mission to finish. We can't play around anymore.

I looked around the room and I spotted something under the desk. I peered down and saw it was a small box. I pulled it out and opened the lid.

"What's this...?" I frowned and looked at the object inside the box. It looks utterly familiar. Too familiar in fact. I picked it up and my eyes widened.

"What the..." It was a charm. A charm that I know very well. 

Flashback

"Byun Baekhyun!" An old man, nearly 2000 years old called out. A small boy came running in the room and bowed at the man.

"Yes, Papa?" The small boy said.

"I have something to give you.." The old man said, pulling something out from a drawer. The small boy tilted his head and walked closer to his great grandfather. The man opened his palm and a charm was there. It were 3 small white crystal balls with black dust floating around them. 

Th man gestured the boy to lift his hand up, and the boy did. The man clipped the charm around the boy's wrist, and surprisingly, it fits.

"This charm was mine, boy. But it seems like you'll need this. It's there to protect you. It may look useless but when time comes, you will be able to use it. Use it wisely. Don't use it for revenge or anger." The man said. The little boy nodded and hugged the old man.

"I love you, papa." The boy said.

"Me too, little boy." He patted the boys head and tears trickled down the man's cheeks. He knew it too well... He has to leave...

End of Flasback

I wiped my tears away as I touched the charm on my wrist and looked at the other similar one in the box. It looks nearly the same. So similar, but that one was a black crystal with white dust.

"Papa.... I know you're still here..." I whispered and stood up, putting the box back into place and walked out of the room.

I think I know Jinkyong's identity... But I cannot be sure yet.


Hi! I'm back :)

sorry for not updating and having such a short chapter...

But at least a. Hint has been shown, yeah?

xXInspirit4lifeXx