3

The First and The Last

Break time was officially ended 5 minutes ago and I was still standing in front of my room. Well, I supposed to be in my boss’ room, but that scared feeling still haunted me. Miss Choi told me to relax because the boss isn’t really scary; take a note, is-not-REALLY-scary. I shut my eyes and started to brush my shirt, cleaning it up. Every steps I took, it was very heavy because I was not ready to meet my boss. It will be the first time and I don’t want to mess it up. It should be perfect. Nothing would happened if I didn’t do something weird, right? Okay, just answer when I’m being asked. Don’t talk if you aren’t, Tiffany. Do not do that.

 

I realize that I was like crazy for talking to myself, but I can’t help it. And here I was, in front of a door with a nameplate on it. Gold for the frames. Holy mama, the material is gold and it’s just for a door name plate.

 

Jung Jessica

Boss

 

J-Jessica? Is the boss a woman? I secretly whispered. Worried about this and that. But I place my hand on the door, knocking it twice. Sooner, the better.

 

“Yeah?”

 

I twirled the knob slowly and the door was opened, showing me a huge, luxury, and white room; not forgetting modern glass windows every corner of the room. There was a huge, black leather U-shaped couch besides a glass desk (and its shape is ‘U’ as well). There were two iMacs and wireless keyboard, exactly like in my room; but there was only one iMac in it.  An Oscar executive leather office chair was between that U-shaped desk. Oh, it would be very nice sitting there everyday. There was a coffee maker in this room too; it was standing beside a black plasma tv. Really nice office of the boss. But I just realized there were two big-men standing in the corner of the room. They were wearing black suit, black glasses and ear microphones. B-bodyguards? Really?!

 

My eyes blinked as I heard a sound of door closed. When I turned my head, there was a light brown haired woman, wearing a white loose t-shirt and ripped blue jeans. Wait what!? White t-shirt and ripped blue jeans?! Are you kidding me?!  I rubbed my eyes to correct my view. The big boss that everyone scared of was wearing a loose white t-shirt in the office, dressed like a senior high school girl. The hell is happening right now!?.

 

She walked to that expensive Oscar office chair and sat down on it, pulling out one of the drawer in the desk to pick something. I bowed at her, trying to respect her even though she’s like a high school girl; still, she was my boss tho.

 

“Both of you can get out now. I’ll call you guys once I finished this.”

 

The bodyguards nodded firmly and walked out of the room.

 

“Would you like to have a sit, Miss Hwang?” She got off of her chair and walked to that U-shaped comfy couch. I nodded and followed her, sitting in front of her gracefully. I didn't want to ruin my first meeting with my boss. I was too scared to face her so I keep my head down.

 

“So, this is our first meeting. Right, Miss Hwang?”

 

“Y-yes, Miss…” The hell!? Did I just forget her name? Yes, I forgot! What is her name? Oh my god!

 

“Jessica. Just call me Jessica when there’s no one around us, okay?” She smiled as she pour tea from that modern, white kettle to those two glasses, which were hers and mine.

 

“Yes, Miss Jessica. I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. Sugar?”

 

“Yes, please.”

 

“Here you go.” She handed me that cup of tea.

 

“Thank you very much.”

 

She took a sip of her tea. Very elegant even though her appearance was messy as hell.  Her bangs hung down 'till her eyebrows; that light-brown hair was curly in the bottom of her hair. She looked young, extremely young. I can’t believe it that she was my boss.

 

“I wanted to apologize to you because I didn’t interview you last week. I’m so sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, Miss Ju—Jessica.”

 

“Well, I guess I want to get to know about you. Do you mind having a little conversation with me?”

 

“Of course I don’t” I placed my cup on that transparent desk in front of me. My heart started to go thump-thump as I wait for her questions.

 

“So, can you briefly tell me about your background?” She leaned her back on the sofa, putting her hands on her crossed legs.

 

“I am an ordinary worker in a convenience store near my house, working every weekend since I’m approved in this company. Have a younger sister. She's eighteen and still a freshman.” Too brief? Ha!

 

Her eyes were fully on me, never leave me for a second. And sometime our eyes met. It didn't mean I was scary of it, I even like it. It was like Miss Jessica keep her ears to listen to my explanation. But if I could, I would avoid her stare.

 

“And you are?”

 

I raised my head, clearly didn’t catch her question.

 

“How old are you?”

 

“Oh, I’m twenty-four.”

 

“Wow, two years older than me.” She smiled, revealing that beautiful smile of hers. Oh god, did I just stop breathing?

 

This time, I can’t hide my surprise. Looked like my eyes were going fall out from its place.  She was twenty-two and her position was in the top of this company. How—

 

“You must be surprise.” She chuckled and I realized how uncomfortable my stare was. Miss Jessica cocked her head to the side as she tucked her hair behind her ear. Gorgeous. I murmurs.

 

“Pardon?” She asked. I can’t believe she heard it. Damn.

 

“Ah, nothing.” I flush. How could she did that to me? Just tucking her hair, staring and smiling at me with that dark-blue eyes and she made me blushing like mad. What happened to me?

 

“You want another tea?”

 

“N-no, thanks” My voice was croak and I hope she doesn’t realize it. Her deep voice could be heard very clearly in this quiet room. Somehow, I wanted to finish this conversation as soon as possible, but Miss Jessica didn’t let me to do so. She kept hanging the convo, it make me feel the clock goes slower.

 

“How did you find the vacancies of my company?” Ha! My company, huh? That was cocky. She placed her elbow on the arms of the sofa, her jaw on her palm. Miss Jessica was staring at me like there’s no tomorrow. Why won’t she take her eyes to wherever in this room? I’m nervous!

 

“My friend gave a newspaper and told me that your company needs a secretary.”

 

“Oh, I see. That was cool.”

 

“Yeah.” I reply her shortly.

 

"May I know where do you live?"

 

It was really unexpected when her eyes widen when she know the place where I live at. Even though it was two hours from my home, but it was not really far since I use a car. Driving was so fun. It was a plus when musics playing in your stereo. You can turn the volume as loud as you want without getting judge. To be honest, it was because I love driving to a far place. Simple as that.

 

"Listen, Miss Hwang.” She cleared as she put the cup of tea on the table. “I offer you an apartment near our office. You can move with your sister t-- wait, how about your parents?" This time, my eyes were widened. She was simply offered me an apartment and asked me to move today.

 

"I'm an orphan. And no, thank you for the offer, Miss Jessica. I don't have much mo--"

 

"I'll pay it for you and I'm so sorry about your parents"

 

The hell!?

 

"Your house is too far from the office and I don't want something happened to one of my employees when you're on the way going home or vice versa."

 

"But I need to take care of everything."

 

"Miss Kwon will take care of it. Don't worry. All you need to do is pack your stuffs and move to the apartment today"

 

"How about my sister?"

 

She clamed up, biting one of her nails as she's thinking for the solution. I need to admit it, she is so cool.

 

"You don't need to do that, Miss Jung" I realize something when she gives me a glare. "S-sorry, I mean Miss Jessica" damn fierce her glare was!

 

"How about your sister move in the university as my sister? Perhaps they could be friends."

 

"Your sister?"

 

"Yeap, her name is Krystal. Wait a minute, I'll call Miss Kwon to handle this up." She got off from the sofa, walking towards the desk and grab her iPhone. I really had an idea what the hell was going on in her mind. We just met and she offered an apartment for me to live in. Was she just hit something in the head before she met me? Urgh, how could I refuse her?

 

My mind wasn't working properly right now. What was just happened?

 

"Okay, Miss Kwon will take care of everything about your house right now. Shall we? We can continue our conversation another time." She smiled. She's smiled! I swear to God her smile was so sweet.

 

“No, you seriously don’t need to do that, Miss Jessica.”

 

“It’s my order and I’m your boss. Remember?” She scowled and I frowned at the same time. That was totally annoying!

 

"Where are we going? And how about my work?"

 

"To your house of course. Screw it. I'll tell Miss Kim to handle it"

 

Oh my god, please save me.

 

*

 

We were already on our way to my house. Miss Jessica drove her white BMW when I was just staring blankly at the road. Just imagine you are in car with your boss and there's a Jeep behind your car and inside the Jeep, there are two bodyguards that guarding the woman who's driving besides me. My mind still not working properly. It still thinking about what just happened in Miss Jessica's room. I can't even refuse because she keep talking and didn't let me to talk. What should I do if the other employees know about this? Well, I was just a newbie in that office, my work hours was only 3 hours and I already got a free apartment from the big boss. Is this a dream?

 

Yoona freaked out when I called her that we are going to move to an apartment. She didn't say anything, but I'm sure she was shocked about that sudden news. Yeah Yoong, that was too sudden. Unnie was surprise as well.

 

"Excuse me" Miss Jessica was trying to open the drawer in front of my seat. Her eyes weren't leaving the road because it was kinda crowded with cars. Her hands fumbling the drawer to find something.

 

Accidentaly, her hand and mine were touched. It was a brief contact, but I gasped after it. Her hand was cold and smooth. But I know it wasn't because of her cold hand. It was something different that I've never felt it before and I didn't know what it was.

 

"Could you help me finding a sunglasses in the drawer, Miss Hwang?"

 

I nodded and reached something oval in the drawer. Once I got it, I opened it and gave the sunglasses to her. Oh my, it was a sunglasses from Ray-ban. I forgot the price but I know it was kinda expensive. I saw it once in a magazine that Yoong bought from a bookstore. Rich people were so lucky for having those expensive stuffs.

 

“Thank you.” She smiled as she put her sunglasses on.

 

Sweet Lord, she was so cool with that glasses on, white loose shirt and blue jeans. I was speechless. Her dark-blue eyes were now covered by the sunglasses, kinda make me sad because I can't see those gorgeous eyes of hers. She twisted her head to my side, catching me for staring at her.

 

“Something wrong with my sunglasses?”

 

I flush and shook my head, lowering my head so I was staring at my heels. This was so unusual. My heart beat so fast when I hear her voice or staring deeply in her eyes. No, I’m not gay. I said to myself as I shut my eyes, wishing we could arrive at my house faster.

 

*

 

Once we arrived at my house, I started packing my stuffs. Miss Jessica sitting next to me while she was still busy looking around, seeing every corner of my house. Her dark-blue eyes scanning everything like she’s going to bomb my house.

 

"I'm home!" Yoona's voice could be heard. Looked like she's panting and I bet she was running from the bus stop because I asked her to come home as soon as possible to help me packing all of our stuffs.

 

"Hi, Yoong."

 

"Hi, unnie"

 

"Miss Jessica, this is my sister, Yoona. Yoong, she's my boss"

 

"Hi, Yoona. I'm Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you" Miss Jessica held her hand out for a handshake with Yoona.

 

"H-hi, I'm Yoona. Nice to meet you too, Miss Jung"

 

"Nah, Yoong, go pack your stuffs. I don't want Miss Jung to wait any longer."

 

"It's okay. Take your time." She smiled, again. Urgh, stop it. I hope I wasn't turning gay because of her. And as I realize, my face began to heat up. Damn.

 

"Uhh unnie, can I ask you something?" Yoona sitting next to me.

 

"Of course"

 

"Who is the man who stood in front of our house? He's wearing black suit and black glasses." I stopped my activity and stared blankly at Yoona, hoping she wouldn't ask about Miss Jessica's bodyguard more. Her face looked puzzled and I heard Miss Jessica chuckled beside me.

 

"I guess he is too obvious, eh? I'll send him to the car" Miss Jessica stood up and walked out of the room. Once she's gone from our sight,

 

"I can't believe it that you were asking about the bodyguard!" I whispered.

 

"But I don't know who he was! That's why I was asking you but you didn't answer me."

 

"Okay, he was Miss Jessica's bodyguard. Satisfied? Now shut up and help me pack all of the stuffs!"

 

As Yoona started to pack her things, Miss Jessica appears in the doorway and walked in to the living room.

 

"Let me help you."

 

 

 

 

TBC

-

A/N:

nah, Jessica is younger than Tiffany in this fic. Don't be confused, okay? xD and if you're curious about Jessi's appearance, it's like this:

- sunglasses

- white loose shirt

- ripped blue jeans

:)

if you're confused of something in this fic, just send me a PM and i'll explain it to you there ^^