7

The First and The Last

Rain, again.

 

It had been three days in a row our city being poured with rain. When I was about to go to work, it was raining. And when I was about to go home, it was raining too. Really, I was a type that lazy to bring an umbrella to the place wherever I was heading to; but I knew I should. And now, I was just arrived at my office and gathering the files that I need for a meeting at ten in the morning. Kinda lack of sleep since I was busy handling these files last night. But, even though I feel sleepy, I know something was missing. One of the papers was missing! Oh god.

 

It couldn’t be have left on my desk at home, right?

 

I sat back on the chair, facepalming as I remember I can’t go back home just like that for taking the file. But, I remember that Yoona was at home because she hadn’t class today. I grabbed my phone and called her.

 

Yoong, please answer it!!

 

“Hello?” It took forty seconds for her to answer it. I was wondering what she was doing though.

 

“Oh thank goodness. Yoong, go check my room. Now!”

 

“I-I’m cooking my breakfast right now, can’t leave it.”

 

“I think you have eaten breakfast with me, Yoong.”

 

"Well, I can't help it since I began to hungry fifteen minutes ago."

 

"Turn off the stove and go to my room. This is important!"

 

"Alright alright!"

 

I sighed as I sat back on the chair, taking a glance of the clock on the wall and it was nine  already. Oh man, this was going to kill me. I didn't know what Miss Jung going to say if I destroy her presentation today just because a file was left at home--or even the worst, it was missing. Even though I knew Miss Jung wouldn't care about it though. She only want a perfect presentation.

 

"I'm already in your room."

 

"Take a look at my desk. Is there a piece of paper?" I was nervous. I didn't know what to do if it really gone.

 

"There is."

 

"Sweet Lord thank you so much. Can you deliver it to my office, Yoong? Now."

 

"What do I get in return?"

 

"Really, Yoong? I have a meeting at ten and this file is really important. We can talk about it later."

 

"No, I'm serious, Sis. If you want me to--"

 

"Okay okay! I'll take you to that new Japan restaurant tonight for our dinner. Satisfied!?" Seriously, she really got on my nerves; I can't do anything but obeys her volition. This file was more important.

 

"Yeaaay. I'll go to your office in five minutes. Wait for me!"

 

"Make it faster! One minute"

 

"Whatever"

 

*

 

It was half past ten already and Yoona still hadn't yet appeared in my office. Where the hell is she? It was impossible that she got lost--even though there was a possibility for her. I had told Miss Choi Sulli that Yoona will deliver a file for me, so she will allow her to come to my office.

 

Yoong, are you—

 

“Hi Sis!” I twisted my head and saw Yoona in the doorway.

 

“Finally!” I ran towards her, taking the paper and gathering up with the others on my desk. Yoona scowled as she sat on the chair in front of the desk. She was looking around my office; looked like she’s munching something in .

 

“Hey, are you eating my Pocky?”

 

“Yeap”

 

Again, this was the third time she ate my Pocky. She was too lazy to go to the convenience store and buy few Pockys. I didn’t mind her anymore and concentrate on my work.

 

“What are you doing here? I need to work.”

 

“Oh, right. I need to go. Don’t forget our dinner at Japanese restaurant tonight, okay?”

 

“Whatever.”

 

*

 

I was ready for the meeting because the files were complete. I really owe Yoona but I was going to pay it tonight. Few people were coming in to the meeting room and took their seat, so did I. Sunny and Sooyoung were already in the room before me. I sat right next to Sunny who was writing something on the paper. It was ten already but Miss Jung hadn’t came to the meeting room. This was so unusual because Miss Jung never come late for a meeting—well since I worked here, I never see her come late. She was always on time. It’s weird.

 

“Where is Miss Jung? She never come late, does she?” I asked Sunny who also looks puzzled. Sunny was my superior and she also looked confuse by Miss Jung’s tardiness.

 

“I don’t know. Hey, Sooyoung, have you checked her in the office?”

 

“I haven’t. Perhaps Yuri already did.”

 

I hummed, slump back on the seat as I looked around for those people who keep talking with each other. I had no idea who they were because some of them were unfamiliar. Perhaps guests? Not long after I talked to Sunny, Yuri came in and sat in Miss Jung’s chair. Was she going to replace Miss Jung’s attendance in today’s meeting?

 

“Good morning, everyone. I’m so sorry that Miss Jung couldn’t attend today’s meeting. She is sick and I’m going to replace her.”

 

Oh my god.

 

Was she sick because of took me home three days ago? Well, I saw her passed me by yesterday (she didn’t realize that I was there though), but she looked extremely healthy. Oh screw her. I need to concentrate for the meeting.

 

But...

 

*

 

Damn, I can’t concentrate on the meeting because I feel guilty all the time. The meeting was finished and I was on my way to have lunch with Sunny, Sooyoung, and Yuri. They kept talking while I just keep my mouth shut besides Yuri. I knew I should do something, but I didn’t know what is that.

 

“Hey, Tiffany. Are you sick?” Yuri patted my head, making me jumped slightly because of surprise.

 

“No, I’m not. Why?”

 

“You were so silent today. Why was that? Disappointed because Jessica didn’t attend the meeting?” She chuckled. What? Why she said that?

 

“There’s nothing to do with her, Yuri. I just didn’t know what to talk to you.”

 

“Liar liar. Of course you are worried about Jessica, right?” Sooyoung added. What is this? Why are they bullying me like this?

 

“Of course not. Why are you guys like this?”

 

“Here, I’ll give you Jessica’s number, so you can text her.” Yuri reached for her phone on the pocket and searched for Miss Jung’s number. The hell was she!? “Where’s your phone?”

 

“No, I won’t give it to you.”

 

“C’mon, I know you want it.” Sunny teased me. And she joined them? I thought you were on my side!

 

Sooyoung took my phone from my hand and gave it to Yuri. I facepalmed seeing their attitude; they were so childish! It’s okay, I won’t text Miss Jung though, it was useless inserting her number into my phone.

 

“Done!”

 

“Oh my god, you named it ‘boss’ with a heart sign. What the hell, Yul?!” Sooyoung burst into a laughter, Sunny did the same thing. These girls really.... Urgh!

 

“Let’s go eat by the way. My dinosaur is already roaring inside my stomach.” Sooyoung dragged us to walk. I know I’ll get used with this kind of bullying.

 

But, why did they do like that?

 

*

 

“I’m home. Yoong?”

 

“Yes?” She walked out from her room in a bathrobe.

 

“About the dinner, can we just deliver it? I’m so tired.”

 

“It’s okay, as long as I get those foods.”

 

“Good, call the restaurant now. I bet you’re already hungry.”

 

“You know me so well.” Yoona grabbed her phone and ordered the foods while I just laying on the sofa. I was so tired; I wished I could immediately go sleep, but Yoona will ask me to take a bath first. Suddenly, I remember of Miss Jung. Yuri said she was sick, right? And Yuri had inserted Miss Jung’s number in my phone. I bit my nail, thinking of text her later; but, I think I won’t do that. I had told my friends that it was impossible. I sat back and let out a long sigh until Yoona looked at me as she finished ordered the foods. She jumped to the sofa, sitting right next to me and she leaning her head on my shoulder. I wondered if Yoona ever feel like this, confused just want to text someone to cheer her up when she/he sick.

 

“Hey, unnie” Oh, she preceded me.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“This morning, when I was walking in the hall at your office, I bumped onto someone.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What was he or she looked like?”

 

“I don’t remember her face, but she was so sweet and lovely. She even asked me if I hurt or not, not bothering herself that fell harder than me." Seriously, who the hell was she? It makes me curious. But perhaps I didn't know who she was.

 

“I wonder who she was.” I hummed for a while before I turned my head to Yoona. Surprisingly I found her blushing—no, her face was red for no reason. "Are you blushing?"

 

"N-no, I'm not." She looked panic. I swear, what the hell is wrong with her?! Something fishy. I needed to get to know of that person. But, that person was a she, right? And as I know, Yoona wasn't gay. Yoona quickly got up from the sofa and walked to her room. Blah, Yoong was fell in love. I knew it.

 

And suddenly I remembered of Miss Jung again. Should I text her?

 

...

 

Okay, I think I should.

 

I grabbed my phone, typing a message for the sick woman. If Yuri and friends found this, it would be so embarrassing, but I didn't care.

 

 

To: "Miss Jung"

21.20

"Good evening.

I heard you are sick. Well, I don't want to feel guilty after you took me home and you got sick, so get well really soon.

 

Ps: I got your number because Yuri had inserted it"

 

 

I pressed the send button and threw my phone to the empty space beside me. I didn't think she would reply my message that fast because---

 

And my phone was buzzed. What the hell, I just sent the message in less than one minute ago and she already replied it? Wow.

 

 

From: "Miss Jung"

21.21

"Thanks :)"

 

Nice. Short reply and I hate it; I was expecting a longer message. I grabbed my phone, get up from the sofa and walk to my room. I needed to take a bath and got my clothes changed before Yoona complain about this and that. When I was trying to take off my clothes in the bathroom, my phone buzzed. This time a call. I answered it without seeing the screen first.

 

“Hello?”

 

Good evening.” Oh god, no.

 

“G-good evening.”

 

Thanks for the message.” It was Miss Jung. She was thanked me because I sent her a message before. What? Are you kidding me?

 

“No worries. I-I hope you get well really soon, Miss Jung.” I swore to god, I can feel my face began to heat up and my voice croaked. My heartbeat quickened when she spoke, I was shivering.

 

Are you busy? Am I disturbing you?

 

“Oh, you aren’t. I... I don’t do anything right now.” Gosh, why did I lie!? Of course I’m busy because I’m taking off this freaking clothes while my right hand is on my phone, answering your call.

 

I see. Do you mind to talk to me for a while? Of course if you don’t mind.

 

“O-Okay, what do you want to talk? You know I’m awkward with that thing.” I said as I throw my clothes and pants to the basket. I didn’t feel the nervous for awhile because I was concentrate on my bathtub that filled with warm water. I plunged into the bathtub as I press my phone between my shoulder and my ear.

 

Random stuffs are alright. I feel bored because I just laid on the bed all day long. Damn this fever.” I chuckled.

 

“You should rest instead of calling me, so you could get healthy faster.”

 

I did it today. Sleeping for twelve hours perhaps? And now I just wake up.” Wow, twelve hours.

 

“You’re not dizzy?”

 

Kind of. This is the first time since the last time I slept for 12 hours.” I only gave her a ‘hmm’ as the reply. I the speakerphone and placed the phone on the small desk besides my bathtub. I hope she still can hear my voice.

 

What are you doing?” She asked. Uh-oh, should I answer her that I’m bathing?

 

“Uhh...”

 

Are you taking a bath?” Crap! How did she know!?

 

“W-what? How did you...”

 

I knew it. Your voice is kinda echoing, but to be honest I was just guessing.” She chuckled. Oh my god, that was so embarrassing! Well, I bet she does this too; talking on the phone while bathing. I didn’t know if this just my feeling or not, but Miss Jung seemed more friendly this time. She talked a lot and I like it. So I didn’t have to worry about an awkward conversation.

 

You don’t mind if I call you when you’re bathing?

 

“I don’t. Perhaps I’m the one who should I ask you that.”

 

Of course I don’t.” I closed my eyes, smiling like crazy because of her answer. I wanted to talk to her this time because I’ve already got the feeling. Her deep voice filled the bathroom. Was I allowed to imagine that Miss Jung is in this bathroom with me? But what the heck, it was like we’re taking a bath together.

 

“Miss Jung.” I called her. I was kind of curious about what she was doing right now, except bumming on bed I mean.

 

Stop. I think I’ve told you to call me 'Jessica' if there’s no one around, right?

 

“M-Miss Jessica.”

 

Without ‘Miss’ will be better.”

 

“But...”

 

I won’t answer if you call me that.Urgh, this woman.

 

“J-J... I can’t!”

 

J-E-S-S-I-C-A. Jessica. Is that so hard, Miss Hwang?

 

“And now you called me with ‘Miss’! What’s wrong with me by calling you with ‘Miss’ ?”

 

Oh, so you want me to call you by your name?” , I know she was smirking right now!

 

“N-no, it’s not that I want to. It’s up to you since you are my boss.”

 

But you are older than me.”

 

“Whatever.” I lost. I didn’t know what to reply her. I heard she was laughing through the speaker, it make me scoofed, but strangely I smiled too.

 

How about ‘unnie’ ?

 

“Definitely no, Miss Jung.” No response. I gulped because I realize I just called her that, but I can’t just called her by the name. It will be so impolite.

 

“Miss Jessica?” Still no response. I groaned.

 

“J-J-Je... urgh, I can’t!”

 

You can.”

 

“J-J-J...”

 

C’mon, Tiffany. Just call my name, it’s not so hard.”

 

“But...”

 

Tiffany” Gosh, she was using an aegyo.

 

“J-Jessica!!” I yelled her name and she laughed. I knew she was satisfied with I called her name—from the way she laughed. “Good.

 

We continued talking until I heard someone knocked the door. “What’s wrong, Yoong? Just open the door, I didn’t lock it.” Her face was pale, looking around like she was searching for something or someone.

 

“I heard you screamed ‘Jessica’. Is she here?”

 

“No, she isn’t. Why? I’m alone.”

 

“A-are you mastur—”

 

“WHOA WHOA CUT IT OFF, KID!” I yelled as I splash the water to Yoona. I blushed like mad remembering what she was about to say. And I realized that my conversation with Miss Jung hadn’t ended. Oh god.

 

“I swear I heard you screamed, like you do that thing and screamed your boss’ name. It could be happened, right?”

 

“What the hell are you thinking, Yoong? Your dirty mind is no joke!” I wondered since when Yoona has a dirty-minded.

 

“I’m just kidding. Don’t take a bath too long, unnie. It’s ten in the evening already.” She said as she close the door. I sighed in relieve until I heard Miss Jung burst out into a laughter. I frowned hearing her laughter.

 

Your sister was so—”  she continued laughing. Seriously, I didn’t find it funny to be laughed, “Oh gosh, your sister was so funny!

 

“No, she wasn’t.”

 

But, she thought you were doing that thing!.” And she laughed again. Gosh, what the hell!

 

“Whatever.”

 

Sorry, that was funny to me. What a cheap joke.” Her voice back to normal, deep and gentle. I love this side of Miss Jung.

 

“I think you should get a rest, Jessica. Or else you wouldn’t go to work tomorrow.”

 

I’m not planning to go to work tomorrow. I still want to bum on my lovely bed for few days.

 

“Ohh, by the way I have finished my bath. I think we should end this conversation.”

 

Are you mad at me?Her tone.... sweet Lord, take my soul.

 

“No, I’m not. Just get a rest and go to work as soon as possible.”

 

Ohh~ so you missed me, huh?” She was smirking! I knew it! Damn. It was like she knew my mind even though I didn’t feel that way. But I had to admit, I missed her gorgeous light brown hair and everything about her.

 

“No, I’m not. What are you thinking?”

 

I miss you, Tiffany. Even though it’s only a day I didn’t see you.” I blushed like crazy, my heart began to beat as fast as a cheetah (perhaps faster than it). I couldn’t say anything but smiled like crazy.

 

“E-eh?” I faked that confused reaction.

 

I’m just kidding.” What the !?

 

“Hee”

 

Well, you should take a rest. Sorry for calling you this late. I’m no longer bored, thanks to you.”

 

“Yeah, rest well, Jessica.” I can say her name without hesitation anymore. That’s good.

 

I will. Good night, Tiffany.”

 

“Good night.”

 

Finally we ended the conversation, but I still blushing like crazy. What if Jessica really missed me? I can’t even imagine that. I buried my face on my palm, thinking it over and over again. My heart still beating so fast. That was odd for me just knowing someone was missing me and I was acting this way; nervous over something stupid. Jessica was so different before. She was really friendly—like she was my friend, not my boss. Her tone wasn't cold, monotone and expressionless. I like that side of her instead. If only I be able to see that kind of side of Miss Jung everyday; not cold and bossy of Miss Jung. Suddenly, Yoona opened the door and surprised seeing me still in the bathtub.

 

“What are you doing!? It’s ten already, unnie. Go get out from there and take a rest.”

 

I couldn’t move. I was still happy that Miss Jung missed me (even though I don’t know if she was just joking or not). But who cares?

 

“Your face is red. You got fever?” Yoona’s hand on my forehead, “No. I think you were soaking in the bathtub too long. Get out now and go sleep. I’ve left you some sushi. Eat it first, okay?” I think Yoona was the one who should be the older sister, not me.

 

“I will eat it tomorrow.”

 

“Alright, go sleep, okay? Good night, unnie.” She kissed me on the forehead and pushed me to my room.

 

Man, I hope Yoona didn’t realize that I was blushing in another way, not because of soaking in the bathtub too long. I threw my body on the bed, without taking off the bathrobe first.

 

Jessica, I hope you get well really soon. I miss you too.

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: hiiii~~ sorry for the late update T__T istg it was so hard finding the mood to write lol but i've finished it hehe hope you like the chapter! bcs i think this one is so fail >< sorry for grammar error and don't hesitate to ask in the PM if you're confused :) thank you for reading <3