8

The First and The Last

Lunch already.

 

I went to the restaurant with Yuri, Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Sunny and Sulli. Miss Jung hadn’t gotten to work for two days since the last time we had talked on the phone. Yuri said Miss Jung will come to the work next week; I believed her since she was Miss Jung’s bestfriend and knew her well. But something weird happened since yesterday. It was Yuri’s strange behaviour. She had became shy whenever I looked at her and I swore, I can see a blush on her face.

 

“So, how are you with Jessica? Going well since Yuri gave you her number?” Sooyoung asked. That was so sudden! Why are you bringing this topic when Sulli and Taeyeon are around us?!

 

“Did you guys talk each other on the phone?” Sunny added.

 

“Nothing happened. What are you expecting?”

 

“Really?” Sooyoung eyed me while grinning. Urgh!

 

“Yeah.”

 

“No need to lie, Tiffany. I found Jessica’s name on the caller list. And it says she called you two days ago.” Yuri said as she scrolled a phone.

 

“Whoa, Soo, can you believe that?” Sunny excitedly looked at Sooyoung who was busy eating.

 

“W-wait! Is that my phone!?” I panicked as I search for my phone in my satchel. And yeah, that was my phone in Yuri’s hand. “How did you get it?”

 

“Oh please, you left it on the desk before we went to the restaurant after the meeting. Lucky Taeyeon saw it, if she didn’t, your phone might be gone forever and you can’t call nor received a call from your boss.” Yuri said as she roll her eyes, so do I. Her words really make me frustrated. I stood up and grabbed Yuri’s hand, dragging her to the toilet. I didn’t know what I’m going to do with her, but I had a ton of questions for her. She looked at me with that confused look, which on the other side makes me want to scream in her ears.

 

“Listen, Yuri. Please tell me the reason why you guys bullying me like this? I mean, not in front of Taeyeon and Sulli, okay?”

 

“W-why? They are our friends too.”

 

“I know that. But, just don’t okay? You can bully me whenever you wanted to, but not in front of those two. Okay? Pretty please?” I hate begging and I can’t believe it I just begged to her.

 

“Any particular reason?”

 

“I-I can’t tell you that!”

 

“You like Taeyeon? Or Sulli? Oh gosh, I thought your heart was belong to Jessica only” She closed , pretending like she shocked. Lord, can I punch her? Can I?

 

“Of course not! I have a reason saying that. Please don’t do it again, okay?” I was scared that Taeyeon might read my mind whenever she heard Yuri and friends' jokes about me and Miss Jung. Remember that she was a mindreader?

 

I turned around, heading back to the desk; but then I felt Yuri’s hand grabbed mine. She lowered her head, staring at the white tiles under us. I was puzzled. And there it was, blushing Yuri coma. Her face was as red as a tomato, make me wonder why it happened so sudden. “What’s wrong?” I asked her.

 

“Tiffany, can I be honest to you?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Remember the first day Jessica didn’t come to work?” I nodded. “I-I bumped onto someone in the hall.” She lowered her head even more, I almost can’t see her face.

 

“And?”

 

“She was so cute and pretty. I don’t know what to say when she raised her head and faced me. She did face me but quickly looking away to gather her stuffs in the bag. We had eyecontacts for few seconds. I can’t forget her eyes, her smile and everything about her.” Wait, why does this story reminds me of Yoong’s one?

 

“And I saw she turned to your office. Please, Tiffany, can you tell me who she was?”

 

What ? Are you freaking kidding me? Y-Yuri—

 

“Tiffany, you know her, don’t you?”

 

“Y-Yuri...”

 

“Please tell me, Tiffany Hwang. I swear to God she’s so pretty and cute.” She grabbed my arms and shook it. Her eyes really tell me that she was serious about her words.

 

“Yuri, she is my sister.”

 

*

 

Yuri’s words kept bothering me until I reached my home. It was not like I hate it that Yuri likes Yoona, but I was still surprised. How come Yuri was a gay? And my sister WASN’T a gay; comparing her words few days ago. My gosh, what's wrong with this world?

 

I sat back on my sofa, clicking randomly on the remote control to search for a good channel. Yoona hadn’t got home because she said she need to do an assignment together with her friends in the campus, but I think she’ll be here soon. Tomorrow was Saturday, I had a thought to take Yoona to Gyul’s place; if she want. It had been a long time since I met Gyul.

 

“ Unnie, I’m home!” That was my sister.

 

I got up from the couch and saw someone familiar behind Yoong. Oh, it’s Krystal.

 

“Good evening, Tiffany-unnie!” She said as she smiled towards me.

 

“Oh, good evening, Krystal.”

 

“Unnie, Krystal wanted to sleepover tonight.”

 

“No problem. Is Miss Jung okay with it?” I asked as sit back on the sofa. They were looking at each other, I puzzled.

 

“Actually, Krystal has a fight with Mrs. Jung, so she ran away.” I think it was useless. Miss Jung must be knew that she will run away to my place since Yoona and Krystal were so close. But I didn’t say anything to them and agree about Krystal sleeping here. Both of them immediately went to Yoona’s room after having dinner. For a while, I forgot that I wanted to ask something to Yoona about Yuri. I needed to pretend that I don’t know anything about Yuri was the one who she bumped on.

 

Mehh, my life was getting complicated since I moved to this city.

 

*

 

The sun peered through my curtain. It was so dazzling that make me force my eyes to be opened. I wanted to sleep until my energy is fully charged, but Yoona disturbed me by jumped on my back again. She liked to do that nowadays and I hated it.  I knew what she wants; pancakes.

 

“Unnie, make us your delicious pancakes!” Yoona shook my body until the bed was shaking. Urgh, Him Yoona in action!

 

“I will, but let me take a bath first.”

 

“No! Pancakes first! I’m starving and Krystal too.”

 

“Okay okay.” I got up from the bed, walking to the bathroom and brushing my teeth first before make pancakes for Yoona and Krystal. Both of them were laughing because of watching morning shows; no, not because of the shows, but they were mocking the people. Duh, teenagers. The pancakes were done and those girls ran to the dinning table as they grabbed the forks and knifes. Gosh, is Krystal a shikshin too?

 

I reached for my towel and walked to the bathroom, wanting to take a bath before I lazy to do that. Well, I was just going to enjoy my morning shower, but something make me curious when I heard the bell rang. But I think it was a postman or someone that not really important. I finished my shower, grabbed the towel and walked out from the bathroom.

 

“Who is it, Yoong?” I asked to Yoona as I dried up my hair with the other small towel.

 

.

 

My jaw dropped as I saw that figure in front of me; a figure that used a dark blue t-shirt with a picture of Captain America’s shield in it and jeans, holding an iPhone and a glasses on her head. Who else beside my boss who was younger than me? The embarrassed thing that my body was only wrapped with a white towel and my thighs were exposed. Miss Jung smiled at me as she lowered her glasses and turned around, which the other side those teens were laughing their asses off. I dragged Yoona to my room, making her confused with my sudden action.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that it was Miss Jung!?”

 

“Hey, I didn’t know that you will going out from the bathroom with towel! You used to wear a bathrobe, not a towel.”

 

Yeah, she was right. I didn’t use a bathrobe today and Yoona never seen me with a towel wrapped around me before.

 

“But you could have told me by knocking the door, right? Oh gosh, I’m so embarrassed right now. She’s my boss, Yoong. Don’t you know that?”

 

“Of course I do.” I opened my closet and get changed, ignoring Yoona because I kind of pissed off even though it was not her fault. I quickly grabbed my clothes and walked out from my room. I looked at the Jung sisters who were arguing at each other; Miss Jung looked calm, but I could see an anger in her eyes, so did Krystal. No, she looked emotional and almost cried. It happened in five minutes since I left them to get changed. I stepped in to my room with Yoona, waiting for them to finish arguing.

 

“You could have left to my apartment. I’ll let you stay there until you want to get home, but not stayed at Yoona’s house like this.” That was the only words I heard from Miss Jung. I can’t believe it her tone was kind of high and perhaps this was the first time I heard it. Krystal clamed up, she didn’t say anything but sobbing.

 

Yoona looked at me with a fork in her hand. Gosh, she hasn’t finished her food yet. But when I looked at her, I didn’t remember when the last time we had arguing. We barely do that. I think at the same time, Yoona had a same thought as me.

 

Ten minutes later, I didn’t hear anything from the sisters, so I had a thought to get out from my room. I hadn't even greeted my boss this morning, making me become an impolite employee of hers. She turned around from Krystal and looked at me; she flashed that sweet smile to me, which make me get embarrassed and flustered at the same time.

 

“Good morning, Miss Jung.” I bowed at her and when I lifted my head to see her, I saw her eyes crinkling at the corners. Ah, I know what she meant.

 

“Good morning, Tiffany.” Aish, that sweet tone.

 

Yoona walked towards Krystal and asked her to come inside her room. I knew Yoona can’t stand the awkward moment between Jung sisters, so she decided to separate them by dragging the younger Jung to her room. I sat on the sofa, Miss Jung followed me as well.

 

“I’m so sorry for troubling you with Krystal’s attendance.”

 

“It’s okay. Actually, I’m happy she came. Yoona has a friend to play together.”

 

She smiled, curving up her lips into a smirk. The atmosphere went awkward, it was not like when we had a conversation on the phone.

 

“So, are you getting better, Miss Jung?”

 

She looked away to the window, staring at the buildings that could be seen inside the living room. I forgot that I just called her by ‘Miss Jung’, not her name. I facepalmed realizing it.

 

“Jessica.” And this time she looked at me, those beautiful dark blue eyes were so clear to be seen from my place since I kind of close with her.

 

“Yes, I’m going to work next Monday.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Do you want to have a dinner tomorrow night?” W-what? Why so sudden?

 

“Eh?”

 

“Let’s have a dinner, with Yuri, Sooyoung, Sunny and Taeyeon.” I secretly sighed in relieve knowing that our friends were invited too.

 

“What time?”

 

“Seven o’clock. I’ll pick you up here.” She smiled at me. “And how about invite Yoona? I think she will get along with our friends. Krystal will join too, but she’s already close with Yuri and friends, so there’s no problem with her.” Miss Jung placed her elbow on the arms of the sofa. I caught her gaze at me; those beautiful eyes were staring at me deeply and to be honest, it made me hard to swallow down my saliva. Just say, I was nervous with it.

 

“I’ll ask her first.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Oh, wait.” I rose from the sofa to get her a drink, but she caught my arm, prevent me from walking to the kitchen.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Get you a drink.” I looked at her, confused. But to be honest, my heart went thump-thump when I felt her soft hand grabbed my arm.

 

“You don’t need to. Stay with me.” Holy , are you kidding me?

 

I sat back beside her, totally nervous after she said that. My mind cannot think properly and my hands started trembling. What is this? I knew this was not the first time, but I felt more nervous than ever. Was it because our distance was closer than before? I peered from the corner of my eyes, Miss Jung was playing with her nails, killing the boredom perhaps? She looked like a kid. Miss Jung with Captain America’s t-shirt was really cool, and she folded her shirttail into the jeans. That slight black belt with silver buckle was so cool with her. Such a fashionista.

 

“Is there a shop that sell a frozen yogurt here?”

 

“I think there’s none. Only few family restaurants. Why? You want a Fro-Yo?” She nodded. Aww, how cute the way she nod. “I think I can make one, with a recipe book help.” Miss Jung chuckled. I rose from the sofa and walked to the bookshelve and get a frozen yogurt recipe book. I remember that Yoona bought it a year ago and asked me to make one for her. I sat back on the sofa, flipping the pages and letting her to see. I really didn’t expect that she would scoot closer to me. I swore, I had a brief skinship as she scoot over. Our body was touching and I can feel her hand behind me. Miss Jung hummed as she flip the pages, searching for a good Fro-Yo for her. I swallowed hard, my mouth dry. What happened to me?

 

“You want this?” She pointed at Fresh Mint Chip Frozen Yogurt. Wow, I didn’t have the mint leaves and peppermint extract.

 

“Looks like I don’t have the mint leaves and peppermint extract.”

 

“Shall we go to the supermarket?” Meh, she was really craving for Fro-Yo.

 

“Okay, let me get changed first.”

 

“What for? You looked good in your current dress, and we’re only go to a supermarket.” I sighed, definitely uncomfortable using this dress to a supermarket. I wanted to wear a t-shirt like her and a short. But since she said I look good, so I obey her.

 

“Yoong, we are going to a supermarket. Take care of everything at house, okay?”

 

*

 

We arrived at the supermarket and immediately bought everything we need to make Fro-Yo. Miss Jung bought a lot of snacks for her. I never have a thought that she like eating snacks. When we just pay the groceries, head out to the car, I heard two girls saying;

 

“They are so cute! Are they a couple?” The short one said.

 

“Of course not. Both of them are women.”

 

“But they are so cute together.” I blushed at her sentence. I lowered my head, feeling embarrassed of it. Perhaps this was because I wore a dress and Miss Jung wore a jeans and t-shirt; dressed like a boy. I should have wore a jeans instead of this dress. Suddenly, I can felt a hand slipped around my waist and Miss Jung pulled me closer to her by my waist. Her action made me blushed even more and those girls went ‘Awwh’ when they saw it. Gosh, why the hell she did this?

 

Both of us get in to the car, placing the groceries in the back seat. Miss Jung started the engine and we headed back to my apartment. Everything went awkward again. I kept lowering my head, staring at my exposed legs. This dress was too short. Was Miss Jung did that on purpose or—

 

“You will make a delicious Fro-Yo, right?”

 

“Depends on my mood.” I slightly chuckled, and she did it too. Really, her chuckle alone could make me this happy. The trip to the apartment went quickly because we talked nonsense in the car. Our conversation was not awkward anymore, it was more fun. I felt happy when I was with her—I mean, just the two of us.

 

We made the Fro-Yo once we arrived at home. She looked so happy when I unpacked everything we bought from the supermarket. Cute. But, something still bothering me. Why does she was very different when we were alone than when were in public place—or when our friends were around us.

 

From what I see, she looked like wanted to help me in the kitchen, but she didn't know what to do. So she only stood up beside me while watching me making the Fro-Yo for her. Sure, I felt nervous when she stood besides me and watching everything I do, but it also make me happy because she pay attention to me.

 

“Yoong, Krystal, we have Fro-Yos here. You guys want some?”

 

Both of them were walking towards the table with that excited looks on their face. Teens loved sweet things. Miss Jung ate the Fro-Yo calmly, enjoying every bite of it. All of us were eating in silence, until Miss Jung finished her Fro-Yo.

 

“That was delicious! I hope you will make another one for me someday.” I flushed immediately and smiled shyly to Miss Jung.

 

“Well, thanks to the recipe book. Without it, I can’t make this.” She smiled widely. God, why is she so cute?

 

“Krys?” Miss Jung called the younger Jung who’s looking at her confusedly. “Shall we?”

 

“I still want to play with Yoona. Can we stay a bit longer?”

 

Miss Jung sighed, actually she can’t refuse Krystal’s request. She lifted her head and looked at me. “May us? I’m so sorry about this.”

 

“Of course you may. Why not?” I smiled at her.

 

We spent the time together in the living room after Fro-Yo time, while those two young girls spent theirs in Yoona’s room—surfing the internet like there’s no tomorrow. Miss Jung and I were watching DVD which I randomly picked. It was Somewhere. For me, the movie was quite boring. I didn’t get it even though I had watched it half in the way (and I didn’t get it why I bought this DVD as well). I yawned, feeling sleepy because of the movie.

 

Suddenly, I felt something dropped on my shoulder. It was heavy. I slowly looked at it, it was Miss Jung who was already sleeping; snoring lightly. How cute the way she was sleeping. I never thought that Miss Jung’s sleeping face would be this cute. No expression, but still cute though. I leaned my head back against the wall, closing my eyes and waiting until I fell asleep too. This feelings were so different when Miss Jung around me. I think I had said it before, but yeah, I kind of love it. I knew it was not something called love like Yoona used to tell me, because I won’t fall in love with a girl. It could be Miss Jung’s aura was too strong for me and made me comfortable whenever I was around her.

 

Ah, screw that. I can’t hold it any longer, my eyes are asking to be closed already.

 

But, could it be...?

 

No, of course it’s not. What am I thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: hehe finally update. is it boring? :( lulz more of jeti moment :) and realize 'something' in this chapter? hahaha and sorry if there are grammar errors, i hope you guys like it :D <3  by the way, if you are curious about what jeti was worn in this fic, they are like these:

jessica's captain america shirt

tiffany's dress