25

The First and The Last

“Hey Tiffany, do you want to have lunch?” Sooyoung asked as she stepped in to my office room.

 

“I’ll catch you guys later. I need to finish these papers first.”

 

Sooyoung left me with Taeyeon who waved toward me as she passed the room, followed by Sunny and Yuri. I sighed while leaning back onto my chair, staring at those papers that need to be done due this evening. I think I didn’t have any break since these were quite much, but I was so hungry.

 

I turned around, looking at the view of my city like I used to do in those old days. And I smiled all of sudden if I remember some things.

 

It had been three years since those intense days in America. Everything went smooth, without problem anymore. And everything didn’t change drastically, or if I could say, only few things that changed.

 

I was still sticking with my friends because they were all I had. Taeyeon still dork as she used to even though she was getting older and older—well, she was the oldest among us. Sooyoung, still a shikshin and it won’t ever be changed. Sunny, still being my diligent friend. And Yuri, she didn’t change a bit; especially her love to my sister. I think they really need to get married as soon as possible, but I wasn’t sure about it, though.

 

I was still working in the same place. Why? Because Jessica wasn’t here anymore. Jaejoong was the new boss of this company while Jessica moved out to handle another company in States. Well, probably that was behind all of this, so her wife won’t ever meet me again.

 

It was okay. I didn’t mind about it, although sometime sitting here and looking at the city made me daydreaming about those days with Jessica. I often ended up crying just by remembering those memories that I made with Jessica.

 

Jessica often appeared in the television and it made me frozen at my place just by seeing her. She had gotten so beautiful, as always. But her hairstyle had changed. She had grown up and I think she got much taller than the last time I saw her. Heh, even so, I think she won’t ever forget to wear ripped jeans in every events. Typical Jessica Jung. Ripped jeans, t-shirt, flat shoes, and coats were her pride.

 

Three years flew so fast.

 

If three years ago was Jessica’s wedding, I really wanted this year to be mine. I was already able to forget Jessica bit by bit—although those memories sometimes attacked me out of the blue. But to be quite honest, I didn’t really remember that Jessica had a huge role in my life before. Thanks to my friends for this, because they knew what to do facing my problem. They made me busy and no one dared themselves talking about Jessica in front of me. Even though Yuri was quite often doing that—it was just slipped out of my mouth, she said in denial. I trusted her if it just slipped out of .

 

*

 

“Unnie, I want to eat pizza with Yuri and Krystal. Do you want to join?” Yoona asked as she slung her satchel onto her shoulder.

 

“No, thanks. I’m so tired. Do bring me the small pizza, would you?”

 

“Okay. Bye, unnie.” And she disappeared from the room, left me alone here with television on and a boring show in it. I was tired and didn’t know what to do.

 

Oh, about Krystal. She often popped out in our place because she had some homeworks to be done with Yoona. We only talked about few things, though. I didn’t want to ask her about Jessica and I think she felt that way too. As I remember, we never talk about Jessica for even once and I didn’t mind about it. I think I forgot about her as well. That was the good part.

 

I tied up my hair and grabbed a bathrobe, perhaps taking a bath was an effective way to erase the tiredness in me. As I leaned back on the bathtub, I was thinking of some words that I accidentally read in the magazine.

 

Memories were meant to fade.

 

But my memories with Jessica weren’t fade away, not even a single one. I remember everything, but I just tried to forget it. She was nothing for me now. Jessica was only a part of my past that hardly to disappear from my mind. She had her life and I had mine. Once I remember about her, then I will have a thought of her all day long. Weird, huh?

 

I didn’t mention someone before. I met this person two years ago and he almost made me forget about Jessica. Everytime I spent my time with him, it was so fun that I think the clock was spinning so fast at those times. I met him in the cafeteria. He got nowhere to sit and he saw the empty place besides me. We talked for so long and I realized that he was a good buddy. He worked in the same place as me too but I never realize that he was exist. Rude? I knew it.

 

But this place got so much people in it that I think I almost saw different people everyday.

 

We got closer and closer; had lunch together, going home together, and often doing everything together. Until he confessed his feelings two years ago, and I accepted it.

 

I didn’t really love him at that time, because I love him as a friend. And I didn’t mean to give him a hope, but I had a thought that slowly I will love him like I love Jessica back then. We didn’t know until we tried, right? He even said to me; “no matter what happen, although you didn’t have a feeling to me now, but trust me I will make you fall for me someday. I will make you forget that your ex was exist in your life before.

 

He didn’t know that I was dating Jessica back then. He just knew that I had an ex, not mentioning a girl of boy. I didn’t care if I was being selfish or not, it was better if he didn’t know. I had to safe my relationship with him.

 

And his words were coming true. I slowly fell for him everyday. I said it before that he could make me forget about Jessica and he did it. He loved me with all his heart, I felt it. He was afraid to lose me, so do I.

 

It was weird at first when I found out I was so damn excited to meet him in the next days.

 

I—

 

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone that vibrated on the small desk beside the bathtub. I grabbed it and it was a message from him.

 

From: Khun

19.32 PM

“Hey baby, am I disturbing you? :)”

 

I smiled as I typed the reply.

 

To: Khun

19.33 PM

“Nope, I’m just sitting. What’s wrong?”

 

From: Khun

19.35 PM

“Nothing. I miss you <3”

 

The smile on my face grew wider when I read his reply. He was so sweet that he missed me even though we just met two hours ago when he drove me home. Everything on my mind disappeared once I got his message. I immediately forgot what I was thinking before.

 

I think I made the right choice; dating Khun.

 

I believed my future will be brighter with him in my side. I trusted him because he made it; he managed to make me forget about Jessica’s existence for years. I love him, and I really do.

 

*

 

Such a good morning for me since there wasn’t a lot of works to do. I was quite free today and decided to surf the internet to kill the boredom. But someone knocked the door of my room, twice, and I wondered how it was.

 

What a surprise that Khun visited me in this early morning. He never did before because he knew it that it was the hours that I will be very busy and he didn’t want to disturb me.

 

“Good morning,”

 

“Good morning. So what is bringing you to my room this morning? You never did it before.”

 

He giggled as he made his way to the sofa, “I heard from Sunny-ssi that you are quite free, so I decided to visit you.”

 

“Oh, Sunny…”

 

“What are you doing? I’m not disturbing you, right?”

 

“Of course you aren’t. I was just surfing the internet since I don’t have a lot of works to do and I can play it for few minutes before doing my job.”

 

“That’s nice.” Was the only comment he made. I was just observing him from my seat.  “Okay, I think I have to go.”

 

He got up from his seat and walked towards the door.

 

“What? You just arrived here and we talked less than five minutes and now you wanted to leave?”

 

“You have works, Tiffany. I don’t want to disturb you. We can talk later on lunch.”

 

This time, I got up of my seat and walked to him, stopping Khun from going by grabbing his wrist.

 

“Chill, you won’t disturb me.”

 

Khun turned to me, smiling sweetly that always makes me felt like an idiot in front of him because I always smiling like a creep everytime he did that. He slowly leaned forward, wanting my lips. He kissed me in mouth before hugging me.

 

“You need to work, so do I. I will meet you at lunch, okay?”

 

I pouted. “Okay.”

 

And he left me alone in the room after he placed another kiss on my right cheek. I sighed as I walked to my chair, slumped again in it.

 

Khun was special. He was so kind, lovely, and cute. Taeyeon once told me that I was so lucky for having him because probably a guy like him was so rarely to be found. I knew that I made a right choice. I think, a day without him will be so boring and now I became too dependent on him.

 

Like when I was with Jessica.

 

*

 

Work had finished and I was cleaning up everything on my desk while waiting for Khun to pick me up. That was what he usually did. And he appeared five minutes right after I was about to walk out of the room.

 

How happy his face was when I ran toward him and jumped on him. He caught me with his muscular arms, swung me around and we laughed together. After not being able to see for about four hours, I finally saw him in my room. As always, we were going home together. I felt so comfortable being with him. His scent, his arm that wrapped tightly around my waist, his lips on my temple and everything.

 

It was like a miracle that I could feel that I was loved by someone again.

 

“How about we going to my place for awhile? My brother was overseas and I think I can make dinner for us.”

 

“Nice idea!”

 

And we made our way to his place. It had been awhile since the last time I went there.

 

He opened the door of his house, letting me in first because he always said ‘ladies first’. That was so cheesy but I like it though. He allowed me to have a sit in the sofa as he took off his coat and hung it on the hanger. His house was so comfortable that I think I always having hard times to go home. It was almost as comfortable as my parents’ house before moving to the apartment back then. Now I miss having a house instead of apartment. But it can’t be helped.

 

“What do you want for dinner, miss Hwang?”

 

“Anything will do. I’m so hungry so I will eat anything you cook.”

 

Khun giggled over his shoulder while he was rolled up his sleeves before walking to the kitchen. His figure was so manly that made me feel so comfortable around him. His shoulder that sometimes I used for me to lean on when I was sleepy, those hands that always wrapped around me to keep me safe, and everything about Khun was perfect.

 

Taeyeon was right. I was so lucky for having him.

 

I got up from my seat and walked toward Khun who was still chopping meats. My hands raised, wrapped themselves around Khun’s stomach. At first, he startled but the next seconds, he smiled as she caressed my hands. I love him so much that I think I could die without him.

 

“I love you,” I whispered, placing my forehead on his back.

 

“I love you too,”

 

*

 

The dinner had finished as I swallowed the last piece of my meat. Khun smiled widely at me, probably feeling happy because I ate the food made by him; although it wasn't the first time. We were talking about everything during eating and I know we wouldn’t stopped if someone didn’t do it first.

 

We stopped talking because all of sudden, Khun became quite and only looking at me with that smile appeared on his face. I was confused, stopped talking as well.

 

“W-what’s wrong, Khun?”

 

He didn’t answer but got off of the chair and walked toward his room. I was left dumbfounded, acting like I didn’t disappointed because he didn’t answer my question.

 

But not long after it, Khun was back, sat in the chair like what he did earlier.

 

This time, he took my right hand, caressed it softly with his thumb. For some reasons, my heart was beating so fast at that time. I saw his eyes filled with love and it was quite different from before. He was going to say something.

 

“Tiffany, you know that I love you very much, right?”

 

“Yeah, and why is that?”

 

“And do you love me too?”

 

“Of course I do, what are you thinking?”

 

He smiled getting the perfect answer from me.

 

“So, I was wondering if you want to continue to another world with me, where I will see you every morning when I wake up and I see you again whenever I close my eyes to the dreamland.”

 

I clammed up hearing those words. Surprised because I never thought that day will come this fast. It wasn’t that I’m not ready for it, I was just surprised.

 

“I…”

 

And he brought up something from his jeans pocket. A red box. Although I knew the inside of it, but I still got surprised when he opened the box.

 

It was a ring. A beautiful ring.

 

“Will you marry me, Hwang Tiffany?”

 

It took a minute for me to answer. I was in doubt and I didn’t know what was happening to me. Khun loved me and I loved him too, we both love each other. But there was something holding me back from answering Khun; at first I didn’t know what it was. Until I realized that Jessica's figure appeared in my mind. I closed my eyes tightly, trying so hard to remove Jessica from my mind because it was the one that holding me back to answer Khun's confession.

 

I didn't need to think of Jessica because she had her life and I had mine. Jessica and I weren't destined to be together, but Khun was. He was my destiny, my soulmate. But Jessica didn't disappear from my mind until I opened my eyes, only to be found with that pair of eyes of Khun's

 

“I will.” I answered.

 

Because I knew that I will regret it if I let go a nice guy like Khun from my life. I had lost Jessica—a woman who I used to love with all my heart.

 

And I didn’t want to lose someone important for me again.

 

I didn’t want to feel that pain again when he walked away from my life like Jessica did. 

 

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: hi? finally updated! i'm sorry for the very late update because... well, blame my brain because the lackness of the idea for this fic ;; but i hope you guys like it and im sorry for grammar error. and guys, please don't be mad at me when you saw the tags ^^; *runs*