18

The First and The Last

Here I was, inside of the coffee shop near the university where Yoona schooling in. Of course I wasn't going to meet Yoona here. It was going to be someone else.

 

The door was creaked. A black haired girl wearing a bulky knit sweater coming in with some books in her hand. She smiled towards me as she saw me waved my hand to her. It was Krystal. Yeah, the girl who might know something about her sister’s engaged with a girl named Hara. She went to order a coffee for her first and she walked to my place.

 

She sat in front of me after she put down her books on the table. She looked gorgeous as always, with that black hair tied up and light brown contacts on. It suit her very much. But Krystal was gorgeous with anything to be honest.

 

“Hi Tiffany-unnie,”

 

“Hi Krys, it’s been a while huh?”

 

“Yeah, since Yoona has a girlfriend.” She pouted. Aww, looks so cute.

 

“Don’t be jealous.”

 

“But I’m not jealous, at all.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“I hate it because she always spent her time with Yuri-unnie and not playing with me anymore.”

 

“You should ask her to hang out sometimes. Of course when she is free.”

 

“I did, but she has already taken with Yuri-unnie.”

 

“Then it was a sign for you to get a boyfriend or girlfriend too, Krys.”

 

She blushed hearing it, quickly hiding it by lowering her head. I chuckled, teasing a high schooler was so fun—especially with love thingy. But I meant, Krystal was beautiful, why the hell ws she single? Does all the men in her college were blind for not asking Krystal out?

 

“Whatever. So what’s wrong, unnie? It is the first time we meet only the two of us and it’s quite unusual.”

 

Oh yeah, I forgot about it because of Yoona thingy.

 

“I want to tell and ask you something, Krys.” She nodded as she take a sip of her coffee. My heart was beating so fast because I wasn't ready for telling her about this but I had to. She was going to be the first person.

 

“Jessica has a fiance, right?”

 

In a split second, Krystal choked on her coffee and coughed so hard after hearing my question. So it was true. Even Krystal know it. Well, her attitude told me so even though she hadn’t told me about it yet.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Stop pretending like you didn’t know, Krys. Just answer my question, will you?”

 

She wiped with a tissue without leaving my eyes for a second. I knew she was hiding something. It was like she was going to tell me something  about it but she was scared for some reasons.

 

“Krystal…” I called her name once again, of course until she say the truth. “Even though you wanted to lie, I already knew the truth. I only want to confirm it.”

 

“How did you know, unnie?”

 

“Her fiance came and told me that.”

 

Krystal’s face began to pale. I didn’t know what’s wrong with her, but I know she was scared of something. Well, I didn’t scare her, did I?

 

“So, did you and Jessica-unnie broke up?”

 

“Of course. What are you thinking? I’m hurt knowing the fact, Krystal. Why didn’t Jessica tell me about it? So I won’t date her.”

 

“But you love her.”

 

“Yes, I did love her. But if she told me from the beginning, I won’t feel this hurt and guilty. I prefer to bottle up my feelings than being lied like this.”

 

“Guilty?”

 

“Yes. I indirectly took someone else’s fiance. And if I didn’t let my feelings grew that big to Jessica, this thing wouldn’t happen.”

 

“But Jessica-unnie loves you,”

 

“If she love me, she won’t do this, Krystal.”

 

“What if she prefer being your girlfriend than Hara-unnie’s fiance?”

 

“I don’t know and it is her business. You know that I love Jessica very much because she was my first love, right Krystal?”

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

“And knowing that she has a fiance was like something I’ve never imagined.” I knew I was going to cry, but please cooperate with me. Not at this place.

 

Oh no, my tears started falling down...

 

I saw Krystal rose from her seat and moved to the empty seat next to me when she sensed that I’m going to cry. She wrapped her hands around me, hugging me closer into her embrace. The warmth, the scent of Krystal, the way she hugged me were like Jessica’s. The genes of Jung. And how I wish Jessica was the one who do this to me.

 

Without hesitation, I hugged Krystal back and snuggled on her. I didn’t care if people staring at us weirdly, because this was all I need right now; a hug.

 

Why was I being such a crybaby? Just because of a friggin girl named Jessica Jung and she made me, a strong woman crying endlessly in past two days.

 

This was the effect of loving her so much and ended up being hurt.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t help you, unnie. I don’t want to say something that isn’t my right. Jessica-unnie is the one who should explain this, not me.”

 

“But you know something about it since a long time ago, right?”

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

“Then why didn’t you tell me about this earlier? About Jessica has a fiance.”

 

“Because I didn’t want to.”

 

“Why? Are you happy seeing me suffers because of your sister?”

 

“No, but it makes me glad that I know you love my sister so much, unnie.”

 

“I love her too much, Krystal.”

 

Krystal smiled, bringing me closer to her. I could feel her soft breath, her chest that moving up and down because of breathing, and her heartbeat.

 

“That’s why I didn’t want to tell you about it.” She breathed in before continuing her words, “because I wanted to see my sister to be together with you. I know that you will make her to be the happiest person in the world. And I was right.”

 

I stopped moving, holding my breath back after I heard Krystal’s confessions. Really, I don’t get it.

 

“What do you mean?” I pulled the hug away, staring at Krystal in the eye.

 

“You could say that I was using you to make my sister happy, but it wasn’t like that,” she stopped again, “Just like I have said, I wanted to see my sister happy when she was with you. I could feel something different in her whenever she is with you.”

 

“She was?”

 

“Yes. I have no idea that Hara-unnie will come this fast because as far as I know, they are going to be married when Jessica-unnie reaches 25. That’s why I kept calm when I knew that you guys were dating.”

 

My tears started to roll down again and Krystal began to panic. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer again.

 

“I swear to God I didn’t plan to hurt you, unnie. I just wanted to know how happy my sister when she’s with you and I believed that Jessica-unnie didn’t plan to hurt you as well. My unnie is not that kind of woman though.”

 

“What kind of woman?”

 

“Yeah, if she really loves someone, she won’t hurt them for once.”

 

Is this kind of an accident?

 

“I have a feeling that this is totally a planned plot.”

 

“Hara-unnie attendance yesterday? It was totally an accident, unnie. Like I said, neither of me or Jessica-unnie expect that she will come this fast.”

 

I clammed up, didn’t know what to say anymore because I was so confused. Everything were pilled up inside of my mind. This was so confusing. Until I felt a pat on my back, that made me twisted my head towards Krystal.

 

“Looks like you need to hear her explanation of this. You will understand and keep calm because they are going to be married three more years.” Krystal flashed a smile to me. The smile that exactly looks like Jessica.

 

“You still have a lot of chance to get her back, Tiffany-unnie.”

 

*

 

Cold atmosphere, wet street because sometimes rain came to visit us for awhile. I buried my face in the scarf, covering half of my face with it that wrapped around my neck. My teeth gritted because of the coldness that hits my inner skin even though I was wearing a thick jacket. I tucked my hands in the pocket to warm it, but it wasn't working because I was still freezing.

 

Strolling around as I was on my way to home after meeting up with Krystal before. Her words rung in my head and not even a single word I forgot what she said to me. It made me think twice because Krystal told me to hear Jessica’s explanation. Looked like Jessica told her about me that I didn’t want to hear her explanation.

 

Yes, it was true. I didn’t even want to hear it because everything was clear even though Jessica hasn’t explained it yet.

 

Just thinking of Jessica’s face this morning, it made me sad and angry in the same time. Sad because I hate seeing that unhappy face of Jessica, but angry because she betrayed me. She destroyed my trust on her.

 

Looked like my love life wasn't going smooth as I expected. But well, this also my fault for sometimes forgot that I was dating a girl with level high reputation. I let out a heavy sigh as I realize that I stepped into a wrong direction. My life isn’t supposed to be like this.

 

Jessica ruined my life. Yes, she ruined almost everything.

 

And I sighed again for the second time.

 

*

 

“Tiffany!” I turned around and saw Yuri, Taeyeon and Sooyoung walked towards me.

 

“Oh, hi guys”

 

“Hey, is that true?” Sooyoung started.

 

“About what?”

 

“You and Jessica broke up.”

 

Oh…

 

I forced a smile before tell them about it. Well, it made me guilty for do this to my own friends, but I can’t help it since I don’t want them to worry. I knew they ship me and Jessica very much.

 

“Yes. How did you know?”

 

“Some people heard you and Jessica fought in your office room and started gossiping around.” Damn you, gossipers.

 

I chuckled, slipping my right hand into the pocket as my left hand still holding Starbucks coffee cup that I bought when I was on my way to the office.

 

“So it has been spread around already,”

 

Yuri walked forward and hugged me. Sometimes, she knew my feelings more than anyone; especially when it comes to Jessica. I swore I wasn’t planning to cry, but when Yuri hugged me, my tears were flowing down my cheeks. It just came out by itself without my permissions. I hate you, tears. You make me looked like a fool and a crybaby in front of my friends.

 

“We’re sorry to hear that, Tiffany. I know you love that very much.” Sooyoung’s tone was like mocking Jessica. That was quite surprising when I heard Sooyoung called Jessica a . Well, they were friends.

 

“You guys have heard the problem?” I asked them in surprise. Taeyeon wipped my tears with her thumb and I was so happy when she did that.

 

“Yeah, we have. Jessica has a fiance, right?”

 

I slightly nodded as I leaned on the wall.

 

“I thought you guys already know and hide it from me, but I was wrong.”

 

“Oh please, Jungs are very closed to people and they are not easily tell their business or problems to the others.” Taeyeon added.

 

“Except Krystal.” Yuri followed. And yeah, it was true.

 

“But you guys are her friends.”

 

“No, she never tell about it at all. Trust me.”

 

“Try to remember. Does Jessica ever tell you her problem or anything?”

 

I shook my head. It might be true about Jessica never tell me anything about her condition or when she is in trouble.

 

“No, but she had ever told me about her worries if someday I love someone else.”

 

“Nah,”

 

“So where did you guys heard the problem from?”

 

“Hello, this midget could see and read everything.” Sooyoung nudged Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t call me midget, you giraffe. And I wasn’t even reading anything because it was their privacy. I heard it from some people though.” And all of us were nodding when she said that. I trusted Taeyeon. Even though she could read people’s mind, but she won’t do that if it wasn't needed. “By the way, let’s continue the discussion later on lunch. We need to work.” Taeyeon pats my shoulder and clungs her arms around me.

 

*

 

Heavy rain visited the city again. Really, the weather confused me. Sometimes wearing one thick jacket wasn’t enough due the coldness. It was extremely cold nowadays. Well, it made Yoona hugging me when we were sleeping. I didn’t mind about it though, but the way she hugged me was like she was going to break every bones in my body.

 

I sighed as I prepared my stuffs on the table and ready to go home. My office room was so warm. It made me don’t want to go home, but I had to. When I was about to step out of the room, I saw a figure who stood up in front of me. If someone wanted to know, it was Jaejoong.

 

Looked like he was about to knock the door but I had opened it. He smiled to me as he slip his hands in the pockets. I didn’t know, but I didn’t feel anything to him. Well, everyone knew that I used to hate him like he was my enemy. But right now, my heart didn’t feel any hatred towards him. Strange.

 

“Hi, Miss Hwang.”

 

“Hi, Jaejoong. What’s up?”

 

“Do you want to go home?” I nodded. Wow, did I just see his smile grew wider? “Do you mind if I give you a ride? The rain is quite heavy outside.”

 

Without hesitation, I nodded again. He gave me a shall-we? looked and we walked together down to the lobby. Again and again, I felt de javu everytime I passed the lobby with rain pouring down outside. This was the third time, though. I secretly wished Jessica would fetch me here again and we would walk together, hand in hand. But no! Stop thinking about her. I shook my head as I realized what I was just thinking about.

 

It was a past, Tiffany. You need to move on.

 

*

 

“I haven’t seen you together with Jessica-noona lately, Miss Hwang.” Jaejoong said as he twist his head to see me in the passenger seat. I secretly sighed, leaning my head on the window. Not again.

 

“Yeah,” was all I could say. I didn’t want to continue the topic because it hurt my heart everytime I remember it.

 

“Did you guys got into a fight?”

 

Honestly, I didn’t know what to answer because I was confused. I thought Jaejoong knew about me and Jessica was in relationship, but he pretended like he didn’t know it.

 

“Sort of like that,”

 

“I hope you guys would get along again” He smiled again towards me. That sincere smile, which made me feel guilty again because of my attitude to him back then. Perhaps he was a good guy, but I always became sensitive to him and make that hatred feeling grew bigger and bigger.

 

And I hope so even though it’s quite impossible for me to face her.

 

I only gave him a fake smile and leaned my head back on the window, staring at the street through that wet and kind-of blurry window.

 

Again, I felt de javu. I remembered when Jessica texted me and asked me to get down from Jaejoong’s car. Jessica picked me up, wrapping me with her jacket, gave me a peck with her cold lips before she talked to Jaejoong. But this time, I won’t get a single message from her; asking me where are you? and ask him to stop. I’ll pick you up there.

 

I closed my eyes as I felt something would going down on my cheeks. Oh please, I’ve cried several times today and I didn’t want to do that again. My eyes were tired for crying so much. If I could, I would get out of this car and going home on feet. I didn’t care if I look stupid, soaking wet because rain was wetting me or anything.

 

Because sometimes, I need to cry in the rain and no one will know that I’m crying.

 

*

 

I closed the door of Jaejoong’s Lamborghini and I saw Jaejoong was walking towards me.

 

“So, see you tomorrow, Miss Hwang.”

 

“Just call me Tiffany. I don’t mind about it though.” I smiled (not a sincere one).

 

“Tiffany-noona?”

 

“Whatever you want.” I forgot that Jaejoong is four years younger than me.

 

“Okay then,” he chuckled as he slip his hands to the pockets, lowering his head groggily. “See you tomorrow.”

 

“Yeah, see you tomorrow, Jaejoong.” I slightly bowed to him before turning my body around to get into the lobby. But I felt something caught up my wrist, signing me to see him again.

 

“Wait, I need to tell you something,” His face looked pale than before. I didn’t know what happened with him because I didn’t do anything that make him nervous or scared. So, I just kept my ears and listen to him.

 

“D-do you know that Jessica-noona has a fiance?” Oh please, Jaejoong, I have cried over this million times and you told me an old thing?

 

“Yes, I do. Why?”

 

“Is it the reason why you kept your distance with my noona?”

 

“You got it right, Jaejoong. I’m no longer hers and I thought you knew about me and Jessica since you have caught me in her apartment few days ago.” I stayed calm. I didn’t want to look weak in front of him. I was a strong woman, wasn't I?

 

“Y-yeah, I knew it.”

 

“So? Why did you still asking me about it?”

 

“I just wanted to make sure.” Make sure?

 

“Hey Tiffany-noona,” He called me, making me to move my eyes from those people who was looking at me to Jaejoong who keep lowering his head.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Is it possible for me to get your heart?”

 

W-what?

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Jessica-noona would be replaced in your heart, right?”

 

But instead of saying anything, I kept silent and stare at Jaejoong in the eye. I didn’t want to say something wrong and make it troublesome in the future. I won’t do anything about it. Am I a jerk? Maybe I am.

 

“So, is it possible for me to be the one who replace Jessica-noona in your heart?”

 

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: hi~ updated :) sooo, let me give you candies to whoever guessed right about the person who was Tiffany going to meet :] lol sorry if i updated it with a kind-of short entry. i couldn't think straight since i'm sick :(( and if anyone confused of something in this chapter, pls do send me a PM, k? ^^ i'm sorry for grammar error :( and i hope you guys like it. Have a nice weekends, guys! :D *oh flu, you T___T*

btw, isn't Jessica suit with her role in my fic? LOL /slapped