5

The First and The Last

Silent in my office room, I only heard a wind entering my room through the window that I opened for 10 minutes ago. I felt so relax after working—it was lunch time already, but I prefer spending time in my room. I didn’t feel hungry at all, so I was just sitting here, in front of the iMac that showed me those small words appeared in it. Sometimes, I listen to some musics from my iPod and blasting it through the speakers; of course not too loud.

 

It had been two weeks since I worked here; time flew so fast, isn’t it?

 

I didn’t even remember what I had done in this office already, because of those monotonous activities here. I only remember everytime I had a lunch with Miss Kwon, Miss Kim and two Miss Choi. Sadly Juhyun prefer doing her works during lunch time and even though Miss Kim forced her to join us, she still said no. And what else? I didn’t really remember. Well, I visited Gyuri a week ago to tell her that I resigned. She was shocked because I moved in and resigning; she asked me to visit her sometimes. I’ll be so lonely, she said. I pitied her, but I can’t do anything. I’ll miss her so much.

 

To be honest, I hadn’t met our big boss for twelve days already. Seriously, I hate to admit it that I was already forgot her face. Cruel, aren’t I? But it was also her fault for not showing her face around. Few days ago, I asked Miss Kwon where she went and she said Miss Jung went to Barcelona for some business. I didn’t really need to know what she was doing in Barcelona though, I was just curious about where she went. It was not my business.

 

“Miss Hwang?”

 

I jerked in surprise when I heard Miss Choi—Choi Sulli’s voice. She was standing in the doorway, still holding the knob of the door.

 

“I’m sorry, did I surprise you? I’ve knocked the door.”

 

“Ohh it’s you Miss Choi. No, you didn’t. Sorry, I was dozing off.” Miss Choi closed the door and walked towards me.

 

“What’s up?” I asked her.

 

“Miss Kim, Miss Kwon and I wanted to have lunch. Want to join us? They said you haven’t come out from your room, so I decided to fetch you here.”

 

“Ah, okay.” I grabbed my wallet and my phone on the desk. But when I just walked out of my room, I was thinking of something.

 

I’m not hungry at all but why I accepted her offer?

 

*

 

The restaurant wasn’t really crowded since the break lunch almost over, but Miss Kwon, Miss Kim, Miss Choi and I weren’t finished yet with our lunch. We kept talking and laughing over something. Miss Kwon kept doing something stupid and made us laughing towards her. This was the reason why I really love lunch hour, even though sometimes I was being so lazy to get out from my room.

 

“Stop it, Yul.” Miss Kim can’t hold her laughter anymore, her ahjumma laugh filled the room when she was laughing.

 

“I’ve stopped it few minutes ago but you keep laughing. Don’t blame me.” Miss Kwon chuckled and slapped Miss Kim’s arm.

 

I can’t do anything but laughing with them, until my eyes caught something. I froze like I’ve saw a ghost. I wanted to take my eyes of it, but I can’t. It was locked. A light brown, straight haired girl walked in to the restaurant with a guy besides her. Both of them were holding a black suitcase in their hand. Was it a money? Or a bomb? She was a figure that I hadn’t seen for twelve days. Yeah, it was Miss Jung.

 

As always, she was with her white shirt and jeans—black jeans this time. They walked towards a desk with RESERVED name plate on it, but a waiter quickly take it away from the desk and served them properly. I think he knew who Miss Jung was. Oh, I forgot that the whole world know who Miss Jung was. Ah, screw that.

 

But, I think I had ever seen the guy that sat in front of Miss Jung. He was that annoying guy at the lift in the day when I was about to take my interview!

 

“Oh, it’s Miss Jung and her younger brother. They are just came back.” Miss Kim spoke calmly as she place her jaw on her palm.

 

Y-YOUNGER BROTHER!? WHAT THE HELL?

 

“B-brother?” I asked in a quiet way, even though in my mind, I was screaming my lungs out.

 

“Yeah, his name is Jaejoong. He is as cold as Miss Jung. Typical Jung I think.”

 

Are you kidding me? Miss Jung has a brother and her brother was the one who annoyed me in the interview day. Can someone slap me on the face?

 

“He’s smart, but lazy as hell.” Miss Kwon sighed as she scoop the spoon into , “And annoying too.” Hah, we’re in the same boat, Miss Kwon!

 

I took a glance of the Jungs and got goosebumps when I saw a pair of eyes were looking at me. It was Miss Jung’s and it was so fierce. I can’t look at it even though I really wanted to see Miss Jung’s dark-blue eyes. Miss Jung was very different; her eyes, her aura when she got here, and her stare. I lowered my head and tried to eat my food (avoid Miss Jung’s stare to be exact), but my eyes keep moving towards Miss Jung. She was leaning back on the chair, still having her eyes on me. I was really scared. Why was I like this?

 

“Sure thing Miss Jung isn’t in a good mood right now.” Miss Kim said abruptly. She was right, perhaps Miss Jung is on her period.

 

Her stare was no joke. It was scary, obviously like a tiger that wanted to eat its prey. Somebody, take me out of this restaurant. I secretly wished, but nobody can hear it because everyone still sat in their place while secretly staring at their boss. I wanted to stand up, but my legs cannot move—my body cannot move. This was the effect of Jessica Jung—perhaps.

 

“Shall we? The break is almost over.” Miss Kim stood up, reaching for her wallet and phone. Oh my god, I love you, Miss Kim. The others and I were standing up as well, following Miss Kim to exit the restaurant.

 

Before I really exit the place, I twisted my head once again. I wanted to see Miss Jung’s face again before I leave the place. I know that I’d forget that gorgeous and arrogant face of hers, but I was not planning to do that. I just didn’t want to forget my own boss’ face.

 

Her dark blue eyes that previously looking at me, were now moved to the menu book; searching for the food that she was going to eat. I sighed, change my view to the road and following my friends. To be honest, I secretly hope that she would look at me for the last time today (I know I will not meet her in the office or anywhere).

 

*

 

“Unnie, what do you want for dinner?” Yoona popped out in my room, jumping on my bed and crawling besides me. I set my laptop in Sleep mode and close it, thinking of what the food Yoona and I gonna have tonight. I didn’t really want anything since I was not that hungry.

 

“I don’t know, how about you?”

 

“Why are you asking me back?” She scowled. Yoona was so cute when she does that.

 

“But I really don’t know what to eat, so I asked you.”

 

“I was asking you first.”

 

I chuckled and got up from the bed, changing my pajama into long sleeve t-shirt and jeans. “How about we go to a restaurant? We can decide what to eat there.”

 

“But I’m lazy to change my pa—”

 

“Quick or I’ll cut off your allowance.” I slapped her so she will get a move to her room and change her outfit.

 

“What? There’s nothing to do with my allowance!”

 

“Yoona.” I raised my eyebrows, kinda annoyed with her excuse for not to go to the restaurant just because she’s lazy to change her pajama.

 

“Okay.”

 

*

 

I stopped my engine in front of an Italian restaurant. Yoona was keep her smile on her face since she got out of the car. Nah, I just remember that Yoona like pasta and everything—or to be exact she love everything about food. The waiter came and gave us the menu; Yoona was busy choosing the food over the menu, while I just staring at the room that wasn’t really crowded with guests. Weren’t the foods expensive or they weren’t good? Bleh.

 

The waiter walked away from the table, leaving Yoona and I alone. I placed my elbows on the table, staring at Yoona who’s having her eyes on the phone.

 

“So, Yoona. Who was your day at school? Was it fun?”

 

“Not really. Everything is getting troublesome.”

 

“Did you meet new friends?”

 

“Yeap, I did. Krystal introduced me some of her friends.”

 

“Who are they?”

 

“Amber, Luhan, Suzy, Luna.”

 

“Luhan? A boy or a girl?”

 

“A boy of course, duh.” Yoona rolled her eyes. I swore I want to punch her when she did that. She giggled when she saw my hands were clenched—oh goodness, she did that on purpose. “He’s cute.” Yoona added.

 

“You like him?”

 

“Kind of?”

 

I hummed. Yoona’s eyes were back on the screen of her phone again, while I just looking at her. Looks like she was texting with someone.

 

“How about you, sis?” Yoona slipped her phone into her satchel, and placed her arms on the table—staring at me like the way she used to, lovely.

 

“Fine as usual” I looked down, make an invisible circle on the tissue. “A bit tiring actually.”

 

“Why?”

 

“The works were getting harder and those papers were like keep coming to me. Gyuri sent an ‘angry’ emote during lunch because I didn’t reply to her message since yesterday.”

 

Yoona chuckled, “I bet you were forgot to reply it, right?” I nodded, she was correct.

 

“Yeah, I was so busy and forgot to reply it and just remembered when my friend sent me a message.”

 

Before Yoona could speak, the previous waiter came with our foods on the tray. I saw Yoona was like drooling when she saw the food, her eyes were immediately sparkling. Dear god, she reminds me of Miss Choi—Choi Sooyoung of course.

 

“Oh, my boss was back already, Yoong.”

 

“Really?”  She asked as she chews the food. Yoona knew about Miss Jung because I told her when Miss Jung didn’t come for work.

 

“Yeah, she came to the restaurant with her brother.”

 

“She has a brother!?”

 

“Younger brother.”

 

“Did you talk with her, Sis?”

 

“No, I didn’t. The distance between my table and hers are quite far.” I made an excuse. I didn’t want to tell Yoona about everything happened to me this afternoon; especially when Miss Jung looking at me with that scary look and that odd feeling when she looked at me. Hell no. But it was the truth, my table and hers were quite far, so I didn’t lie entirely.

 

I was just about to scoop my food, but I heard someone called Yoona’s name. Since it wasn’t me, so I didn’t look at the voice; until the caller reached my table, standing besides my table.

 

“Hi, Yoona. Hi, Tiffany-unnie.”

 

Oh, it’s Krystal.

 

I revealed my eyesmile and waved to her. She was so good with that gray tanktop, compared with black with red stripe cardigan; and Jungs typical, jeans. Krystal held Yoona’s hand, “Tiffany-unnie, can I eat with Yoona? In my table. Over there.” Krystal pointed at the empty table in the corner the room. I looked at Yoona first before deciding, and Yoona was smiling like hoping the approval from me. I can’t do anything but nodded towards them, not thinking that I would eating alone until those girls finished chatting in their table. Yoona brought the tray and kissed me on the cheek before leaving.

 

“Don’t worry, my sister would accompany you eating.” Krystal winked. Sister?

 

I didn’t bother to think who her sister was and continue eating. But—again—before I scoop my food into my mouth, I saw a hand on the table—exactly beside my arm.

 

“Good evening, Miss Hwang.” I hadn’t raised my head, but I knew that voice—that gentle voice. My hands were shaking immediately. My head was lifted by itself and looked at the person.

 

As I thought, Miss Jung.

 

“G-good evening, Miss Jung.” My lips were trembling, didn’t know why.  , you’re so tacky, Tiffany.

 

“May I sit here?”

 

“Of course.” I put my spoon on the table and pulled my chair closer to the table. Miss Jung was choosing the food from the menu. Her hair was extremely gorgeous—it was wavy this time. And her dark-blue eyes were like glued on the menu, searching it seriously. I swallowed my food down, it was like stuck in my throat for a few seconds because it was really hard to swallow. I was nervous. My heart beat so fast whenever I see her. I didn’t know why, but honestly, I hate this kind of feeling.

 

Miss Jung gave the menu and the same waiter that she served me before walked away from us. She left us—Miss Jung and me, I mean—somehow, I secretly wished that she would stay longer, waiting for Miss Jung’s order; but no, she didn’t. Miss Jung ordered the food faster than I thought. .

 

I peered through my long fringe, curious about what my big boss doing; and I found she was staring at me with those dark-blue eyes, which were my favourites. Oh no, please say something to kill this awkwardness, Tiffany.

 

“So, how are you? I think we haven’t meet for almost two weeks. Am I right?”

 

“Y-yeah. I’m great, thank you.”

 

“Were you doing great in office too?” She chuckled. What do you mean, Miss Jung? I worked so hard in office, struggling with those ty papers that Juhyun or Miss Soonkyu gave to me.

 

“Yeah, I was.”

 

“Glad to know that.” She leaned back and grabbed the tissue, folding it to mold a triangle. I didn’t know what to say, just waiting for her to bring a topic to be talked.

 

“Do you mind if we continue our conversations in my office room?”

 

“I don’t even remember what topic we had at that time, Miss Jung.”

 

“I do.” Oh no. “Well, I was just asking you random questions, wasn’t I?”

 

“Yeah.” Is all I can say.

 

“Can I ask you more again?”

 

“O-of course.” I lowered my head, staring at my plate that almost empty. I didn’t even realized that I nearly finish my food, and Miss Jung’s was not yet arrive. Should I wait for her food? Well, I think I should. I placed my spoon and Miss Jung’s eyes were moved lower, and she smiled. I guess she was already know what I mean.

 

“So, how’s your life?”

 

“Pretty good, thanks. How about you, Miss Jung?” Wow, did I just ask her back?

 

“I’m good too. Just still a bit tired, but I can’t take a rest yet.”

 

“Jetlag?” She noded, but before she could speak again, the waiter came and put Miss Jung’s food on the table. Nice, I can finish my food as well.

 

“Jetlag and works too. Few meetings in just a day.”

 

I hummed. I can clearly see her eyebags; she was so tired, wasn’t she? Why the hell she spend dinner in restaurant instead in the home? But it’s not even your business, Tiffany.

 

“So you just got back from Barcelona, right?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, I arrived this morning. Well, I bet Yul, I mean Miss Kwon, told you about it.” I smiled bitterly, don’t dare to tell her that I was the one who asked Miss Kwon.

 

“I need to handle few things there, with my brother.”

 

“To be honest, I didn’t know that you have a brother, Miss Jung.”

 

“It’s not an important thing that you should know, right Miss Hwang?” . Why did her tone was like intimidating me?

 

“Y-yeah, but I should have known about it because I’m onyour employee.”

 

“Even though you didn’t know that, it doesn’t matter to your job.” Miss Jung wiped with that grey handkerchief. For a few seconds, we were looking at each other. I was going to be honest here, her eyes were hypnotizing me. Her dark-blue eyes were staring at me deeply. It caught my eyes and it was like it wouldn’t relinquish my eyes. It was so beautiful.

 

I blinked, and she looked away too. We fell into a silent atmosphere, but it was because both of us were eating our food. I glanced at Yoona, who was laughing together with Krystal, while I just keep silent with my boss. I wanted to know what kind of conversations that Yoona and Krystal had, because I want to join them (even though I know I can’t do that). My situation was too awkward.

 

“Does your sister like the apartment?” Wow, what a random question, Miss Jung.

 

“Yeah, she does. She like it a lot.”

 

“How about you?”

 

“Of course I like it.” I faked a smile, don’t want to make her assuming that I didn’t like the apartment that she gave to me and Yoona. Well, I didn’t lie, I do love that apartment.

 

“Glad to know that.”

 

Silence.

 

Is the clock stop moving already? Because it feels like forever having this random conversation.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you.” Miss Jung put her handkerchief and she placed her elbows on the table. I eyed her curiously.

 

“We will have a company party in three weeks.”

 

“Where?”

 

“This time, in my house.” Oh crap. “I used to hold the party once in two months and it’s a routine. Well, the employees need having fun too.”

 

When I raised my face, I realize that I catch her gaze. Her dark-blue eyes were watching me, again. My heartbeat quickened, my face began to heat up. I wished she would stop doing that. Miss Jung was having her elbow on the arm of the chair and her jaw was on the palm. Just imagine how gorgeous Miss Jung was right now. Her light brown hair looked lighter than usual and I think it was because of the lights in this room. I really hate to admit this, but I feel like I wasmelting inside. And for my surprise, Miss Jung leaned her body forward and her face was closer than before. Damn this small circle table.

 

Her eyes were getting inside of me, slowly getting deeper and deeper; I feel like I lost in her eyes, the time seemed running very slow as I keep staring at them. My heart beat uncontrollably because of this eye contacts. What happened to me?

 

“Unnie”

 

I jerked in surprise when I heard that voice. It was Yoona’s. I looked at her, who was linking her arm around Krystal’s. “Are you done yet?.” She asked.

 

"Y-yeah, I'm done already.” I smiled wanly.

 

“Shall we?”

 

“Okay.” I gathered my satchel up and stood up. “See you again, Miss Jung. Good evening.” I bowed at her, without looking at her eyes.

 

“Yeah, be careful on road. Bye, Yoona. Take care of yourself and your sister.”

 

“Bye bye, Yoona.” Krystal added.

 

Yoona smiled and bowed towards the Jungs while I keep walking, trying to stay away with Miss Jung as soon as possible. My heart still beating fast—very fast even though I was already reached the lobby. I hate this kind of feeling. I hate everything that happened before. My face was still blushing like mad, red like a boiled crab just because that ing stare of Miss Jung.

 

What happened to me?

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: is it boring? i hope it's not >< kinda ran of ideas lately .___. and yeah, I added Jaejoong to this fic :] sorry for grammar error and as usual, leave me a PM if you don't understand something about this fic :)