4

The First and The Last

“I can’t believe it, you just working in the first day and you already got an apartment” Yoona jumped happily to the sofa. Yes, we’ve just finished tidying up the apartment. Exactly 4 hours after Miss Jung left with her bodyguards. I still cannot believe what was just happened. I was working at work; got called by Miss Jung and we were having weird and awkward conversations for around 10 minutes; she was shocked; we were left the office and head back to my house to pack every stuffs in my house and move to a new place; and voila! Yoona and I were in this comfortable and luxury apartment now.

 

Everything happened in just one day. I repeat, in one day.

 

I slumped on the sofa besides Yoona who was staring at me. Tired, confused, and scared were the perfect words to describe me right now. Tired because of packing my stuffs up and arranged them back in the apartment. Confused because this thing had to be happened. Scared of all of the employee in the office if they know about this. Half of me says, I should have refuse her offer. But the other one says, I can’t. Even though this apartment was comfortable, but I can’t felt it. I felt guilty because of aggreing Miss Jung’s offer.

 

Yoona scooted over, nearer to me by eight centimeters.

 

“It’s okay, unnie. Miss Jung did the best for you. She bought you this apartment in order to—well, just say it in order to save you. The distance between apartment and your office is not far, only 500 meters from here and you won’t be late for work. She hate it when her employees comes late, isn’t it?”

 

“Every boss hates it.” I replied her shortly.

 

“Yeah, I know. Well, just take it in the positives way. Don’t bother the other employees if you don’t tell anyone about this. They wouldn’t know.”

 

“And if they did?”

 

“Who else know about this besides you and Miss Jung?”

 

“Miss Kwon. I don’t know but I think it’s her name, I forgot.”

 

“Okay, Miss Kwon. What was her role in this case?”

 

“She was handling everything about our house. That’s why we can move here in a day.”

 

“That’s tough.”

 

“I know, right?”

 

That was awkward. Since when every conversation I had with Yoona become this awkward? It shouldn’t be like this. Yoona laid her head on my lap, eyes on me. It was scary, but somehow, I felt a love in her eyes. She loves me so much, doesn’t she? That’s why she acts like a mum right now.

 

“Relax, Sis. Just pretend like it never happened.”

 

“But it happened, Yoong. You didn’t feel what I feel.”

 

“That’s why I said pretend like it never happened.”

 

I sighed, leaning back on the couch as I stare at the ceiling. Yoona got off of my lap, making me jerked in surprise; she pulled my hand once she threw the pillow that she held before.

 

“You should go to sleep. I know you are tired and sleepy.”

 

“No, you go first, Yoong.”

 

“Shh, just follow my order.” She keep pulling me to my room.

 

I sat on my bed when Yoona crawling besides me. I wasn't going to ask her “why are you sleeping in my room?” today, because I need her. I needed her to be on my side, because if she doesn’t, I’d think of those negative thoughts and I wouldn’t sleep until tomorrow, and I’d sleep at work. I slid down into my blanket, Yoona was already curled up besides me and she already closed her eyes. I chuckled seeing that; she was the one who felt sleepy here, not me.

 

Before I really close my eyes, I leaned forward, staring at my porcelain, precious, pretty sister who was already sleeping before I do.

 

“I love you. Thanks for being with me whenever I need someone to lean on.” I kissed her forehead and close my eyes for real.

 

“I love you too, Sis. And you’re always welcome.” I shot my eyes open when I heard that. Yoona was giggling besides me but still close her eyes. She knew that I’d be very embarrassed for saying those cheesy words. I blush and start hit her with the pillow.

 

“You brat!”

 

*

 

“Good morning, Miss Hwang.” I twisted my head to the source of voice. It was Miss Choi—no, not Choi Sulli, but Choi Sooyoung—I smiled to her and she smiled back at me. She was holding a can of apple juice in the right hand and a pile of papers in the other one. Looked like she just got here, not long after I arrived.

 

“Good morning, Miss Choi. Apple juice in the morning, eh?”

 

“Yeap, it’s good for your health anyway.”

 

I chuckled as she walked besides me just now. Her still-wet short hair looked so shiny when a light hit her hair; I can feel a droplet of water that fell to my arm from her hair. It tickled me, but I can’t scratch my arm in front of her.

 

“How was your first day in this office? I want to ask you yesterday but I didn’t meet you.” I swallowed my saliva as I heard her words. I don’t know, but I have a feeling this topic would be going to that one. I hope it wouldn’t.

 

“It was good. People in here are nice.” She’s hummed. Something crossed on my mind 2 seconds ago. Miss Kwon. Miss Choi must have known who she is. I should ask her.

 

“Miss Choi?” I called her.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you know Miss Kwon?”

 

“Miss Kwon?” She asked me back like she doesn’t know who Miss Kwon is. I nodded.

 

“Of course I know her. She’s my bestfriend. Why?”

 

Aaand you asked to a wrong person, Tiffany Hwang.

 

“Oh, nothing.” I fake a smile, but Miss Choi looked so curious so she leaned her head closer to mine. I felt nervous that I think I can’t even breath. I was afraid she would ask something that I don’t want to answer. You know that thing.

 

“I know you are hiding something.”

 

“No, I’m not. I just wanted to know who she is.”

 

She eyed me suspiciously. Clear enough that she was being super duper curious; but still, I won’t tell her that. Never. Miss Choi took a sip of her apple juice and bring the papers to her chest. I let out a relieve sigh secretly. We arrive at Miss Choi’s room—in front of her room.

 

“Well, see you on lunch. I’ll call Yuri to join us.” She smiled and threw the can of apple juice to the trash. That was fast! She just drank the half of that apple juice in less than one minute. “And Sunny and Seohyun too.”

 

“Yeah, see you soon.”

 

Miss Choi entered her room and closed the door as I keep walking to my own room. I really need to meet Miss Kwon as soon as possible before she tell someone about that thing. I walked to the receptionist to find Miss Kwon’s office and it’s not really far from mine. So stupid, why I wouldn't just search it by myself instead?

 

Kwon Yu Ri

Office Management

 

Without hesitation, I knocked the door until I get the approval from her. I twirled the knob, stepping in to her office. Her room was so elegant. Most of her stuffs are black; like sofa, chair, TV, and even the wall is black. Lucky the windows were glasses, so it wasn't really dark in here. Not so much things in this room, but there was a fireplace in front of the sofa. Nice room.

 

“Oh, it’s you, Miss Hwang. Good morning.” She twisted her chair so she faced me right now. I bowed at her, “Good morning, Miss Kwon.”

 

“So, what can I do for you?”

 

I lowered my head, too scared to look at her in the eyes and keep smiling towards me.

 

“I want to ask you something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“About yesterday.”

 

“Yesterday? What happened with yesterday?”

 

“About my sister and I were move in to apartment.”

 

“Oooh, okay. What’s wrong with that?” Again, she was revealing her cute smile again.

 

“C-can you don’t tell anyone about it?”

 

Her eyebrows furrowed, her face looked unpleased. I clenched my hand secretly as I saw that expression of Kwon Yuri.

 

“Is there any particular reason?” She crossed her arms and leaned back on her comfy chair.

 

“I just—”

 

She giggled, I puzzled.

 

“I knew your reason. Jessica told me not to tell anyone about she’s paying your apartment, right?” I nodded.

 

"It’s okay. You’re not the only one.” She added.

 

“I’m not the only one? Miss Jung is not only paid for my apartment?!” My voice was high because of the shockness.

 

“Yeah. She’s paying for...” Miss Kwon paused, counting it with her hands. “5 employees here.”

 

Holy mama, I’m worried for nothing. Scared like phobia with something else. Damn. If only I knew it from the start.

 

I sighed in relieve. I think I should thank Miss Jessica as well because she understand if she was in my position. But I just realized something, Miss Kwon called Miss Jung by her name. I quickly threw that bad thought off my head and bows to Miss Kwon after I said few things to her. The problem solved, my heart was relieved as well. I think I can enjoy the apartment starts from today.

 

*

 

Today was Yoona’s first day in her university. Krystal, Miss Jung’s little sister was her very first friend there. She was the one who accompanied Yoona for every business about university. I felt guilty for not drive her this morning to the school for the first day, but I can’t help it since I was busy with my work. So, Yoona asked me to pick her up when her school ended because she was lazy to take a bus even though her school wasn’t really far from our place. Well, I had to do that since I promised her I will do anything in exchange for not drive her to school.

 

I stopped the engine and waited for Yoona inside the car, I hope she won't take it so long because I really wanted to bum on my bed already. Not long after I stop my engine, I saw a white BMW parked ten meters away from me. Oh, I know that BMW. Miss Jung’s ? And my expectation was right, it was Miss Jung. She got out from the car and pushed her glasses upwards. Nope, it wasn't sunglasses. It was an ordinary glasses with a black, thick frames. She was wearing a leather jacket that I bet it was one of her expensive things. Her taste of fashion was so damn good, but it's nearly to boyish type to be honest. So a question crossed on my mind. Is she boyish?

 

Miss Jung didn't come in to the university gate. She leaned on her car while playing her iPhone. Man, she really need to stop being cool. What was she doing though? Without her bodyguards?

 

Sometimes she brush her hair with her hand, fix her glasses, tilt her head to right or left; I think she was trying to kill the boredom of waiting for Krystal. Her side profile was nice—almost perfect. Those puffy, smooth, white cheek made me want to squish it until there are red marks on it. And holy krabby patty, she her lips. Time ran very slow, and I think I had been staring at her for almost five minutes already—staring at her perfectness. Perhaps some people were already passed through my car, but I swore I didn’t realize it.

 

Not long after, Krystal walked out from the gate and greeted her sister; gave her a quick peck on the lips. The hell, on the lips!? They are sisters, aren’t they!? They talked for a few minutes. I can’t take my eyes off Miss Jung’s smile. It was sweet yet so addicting. Her long, light brown and straight hair was so gorgeous. Everything about Miss Jung was gorgeous. Her lips curved up and sometime it became a smirk—naughty smirk. I didn’t know why I said that, but I was being honest here. No, I don’t like her of course. I’m not gay. I scoofed.

 

“Unnie!!”

 

I jerked in surprise when I heard knocks on the window. It was Yoona, hitting the window to make me realize from my daydream.

 

“Ish, why were you dozing off? Open the door, please.” I nodded as I open the unlock button, letting Yoona get in the car.

 

I twisted my head, but Miss Jung’s car wasn’t there anymore. She was gone. I sighed, disappointed for no reason. Well, just say sometimes when I was at home or somewhere, I forgot how Miss Jung looked like. That was because how rarely I see her in the office, even though I just see her yesterday. Miss Jung wasn’t in the office today, that was why I said I barely see her. I wanted to greet her before, but my legs didn’t want to move. It told me to stay in the car and enjoy your view of Miss Jung.

 

I kinda want to see her more longer.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Yoona’s voice made me realize, again. I grinned towards her before she realize something weird of me. Oh, maybe she already did.

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: updated! heheh I think  this chap is fail but I hope it explains everything. The fic is going to start :D about JeTi ^__^ if you don't understand, PM me, kay? i'll explain it to you there :) sorry for grammar error (_ _) 

Jessi's glasses | jacket