1

The First and The Last

“Unnie!”

 

Uh, that voice.

 

“Hey, unnie! wake up!” I curled my body and pulled the blanket to my head, trying to ignore her voice to wake me up. I didn't want to wake up because I was still tired because of last night work. Gyuri asked me to do a lot of work; lifted those stupid boxes to the storehouse, serving clients, and many more. And yeah, I wasn't a e. I was just an ordinary convenience store worker that needed money to live.

 

“Unnie, it’s 7 already. You have an interview at 10, right?”

 

Interview? I shot my eyes and quickly got up, making the other girl jerked in surprised because of my action. I forgot that I have an interview for my new job in a corporation that placed in out of town. Damn this tiredness.

 

I removed the blanket to the edge of my bed and slipped my slippers on, secretly hoping that I can make it in 3 hours on the road. Thank God I had brought my-distant-uncle’s car so I didn’t have to take public transportations. And of course I thanked Yoona for waking me up and became my reminder of today’s interview, because I really need that secretary position.

 

Yoona was my sister – my beloved sister. She was the last person I had in this world after our parents left us to the world that we can’t even reach. That was why I need to work hard for her, or to be exact, for us. Yoona was still a freshman. Her age and mine were quiet far; she was eighteen and I was twenty-four. Blame my parents for made love when I was six. They supposed did that when I was three or four. I didn’t want a sister that was six year younger than me. But it’s not like that I didn’t love Yoona. I do love her, so much, because I was the last person she had and so did I.

 

Yoona threw herself onto the brown sofa, glancing at me while she tied her hair up into a ponytail.

 

“Are you sure you can make it?”

 

“Of course. Yoong, can you make a breakfast for me?”

 

“I’ve already done that. I made you a toast” I hope she didn’t rolled her eyes, because it’s annoying.

 

“Oh? Thanks, sis”

 

“No problem”

 

I hate being in rush, but this was also my fault. I overslept and almost-late for the interview. I should have left the house in 7, but I just woke up at that time. Aishh, I don’t know what will happen if I late for an interview. I saw Yoona moved from the sofa to the kitchen counter as I’m buttoning my blouse.

 

“You sure you don’t want me to drive you there?” she asked once again.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. You have classes this afternoon, right? I don’t want you to be tired and sleep in class”

 

Yoona murmured something that I can’t even heard, but I don’t care. I picked some stuffs in my room and put it in my satchel, in case if I need it. When I was about to walk in to the dinning room, Yoona handed me a glass of milk and a plate with toast on it.

 

“Drink it first before you go”

 

“Thanks, but no. I’m not thirsty” I passed her and walked to the drawer besides the sofa to pick a pen that Yoona used two days ago. Lucky I remember where she put it.

 

“You should, unnie. Please drink it”

 

She blocked my way, forced me to drink the milk. Even though I didn't want to, I grab the glass and drink it as fast as I could. A smile creeped in the corner of Yoona’s lips, that sly smile that made me want to punch her hard. It was the only thing I hate from her. She knew it, but she kept doing it to me on purpose. I had a strong reason to punch her, right? Oh, but there was no way in hell I would punch my own sister. Her porcelain face would be destroyed if I do that. Her secret weapon to get handsome, wealthy, nice guys. But, for the past 2 months, I haven’t seen her bring a guy to our house, including that guy named… Taecyeon? I don’t remember, but I think it was his name. She often brings him for dinner with us. Ouch, of course not for that thing. Blah, screw that. I need to go.

 

“Thanks, Yoong. Don’t forget to lock the door when you are going to school. Love you” I cupped her forehead and walked out of the room. Yoona kept her eyes on me until I really got into the car. I the engine and head out of the garage. I sighed as I keep driving; even though this wa not the first time I left her alone in the house, I was still worried about her. Heck, she wasn’t a kid anymore, but still, we don’t know if something bad would happen, right?

 

*

 

I made it. I arrived at this huge office five minutes ago, yet I was still not ready for the interview that will be held within 15 minutes. My negative thoughts started to pop out in my mind, destroying my imaginations about working in this corporation if they accepted me. But what I am thinking? I haven’t even do the interview and I’ve imagined that I’m working here.

 

I threw those thoughts away from my head and started walking in to the building. Took a deep breath when I saw those high class business men and women walking busily. Some of them are on the phone and the others are talking or walking to somewhere. As I realized, I arrived at a glass table with a nameplate on it. There was a RECEPTIONIST written in the nameplate. So, I assumed I got into a right place. Behind that table, a gorgeous woman with light brown hair and glasses on smiles at me. Her smile was very attractive. I think that was why she was placed in receptionist (to attract visitors, perhaps).

 

“Good morning. What can I do for you?” she said as she closed a book with circle pattern as its cover.

 

“I’m here for an interview.”

 

“May I know your name, Miss?”

 

“Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.”

 

I waited as she type my name in the computer. I didn't know what she was doing, but I was patiently waiting for her. I was enjoying every corner of the lobby. Window glasses were everywhere, expensive furnitures, etc. I really like the huge vase near the elevators; wondering if I buy it, it would filled the whole of my room. I turned my head to face the girl; accidentally looked at her nametag. CHOI SULLI. Cute name.

 

“I have checked the list of applicants and found your name. The interview will be started in 5 minutes. Just turn right and get into the elevator to the sixth floor. The interview room is the first room on the left side after you get out of the elevator”

 

I nodded. “Thank you...” I glanced at her nametag again, I forgot her name already. “… Miss Choi”

 

She smiled at me when I called her name. I bowed at her and left her to the elevator. Pressed the upwards button, waiting for that moving-box to come to my floor. I turned my head to the left and right, to see if someone want to go to upstairs with me, but I saw no one so I stepped in to the elevator (lucky it was empty) and pressed number 6 button. When the door was almost closed, I saw a hand located in the middle of the door to hold it before it’s closed. I jerked backward when that person coming in. A tall guy in black suit, holding his iPhone in the right and a suitcase in his left hand. Looked like he ran out of breath, he was panting like crazy. Woah, late employee with a fierce big boss probably.

 

“Which floor, Sir?” I was trying to be nice. I think he wasn't able to press the button because he was panting non-stop. I was secretly chuckled at my own sentence.

 

“Are you the elevator girl?”

 

“Do I look like one?”

 

“Yes, you do” I swore I could hear a chuckle from him.

 

Ish, what a cocky guy. I cleared my throat. “No, I’m not and just answer my question, Sir. Do I need to repeat it?”

 

“Seventh floor”

 

I let out a relieve sigh. It would be annoying if he will be in the same floor as me. I was just hoping that I wouldn’t meet him again. As I realize, the elevator was arrived at the sixth floor, which my destination. I stepped out without looking at that annoying guy beside me before.

 

The first room on the left after you get out of the elevator. Wow, I found it. I glance at my watch and the interview will start in 2 minutes.

 

Better if I gussy myself up for awhile.

 

 

 

 

TBC