27

The First and The Last

Today was the day of my wedding. Yes, it finally came.

 

And Nichkhun was the option that I chose after few weeks thinking about it.

 

I knew I made the right choice. Someone told me to follow my heart, right? Then I made this choice by following my heart.

 

Taeyeon and I made up a week after we fought; although since that day, our relationship went awkward. We can’t stay being together in the same room, alone of course. Not forgetting that she still mad at me and I mad at her because she said that I’m stupid.

 

Here I was, wearing a white wedding dress in the bride’s room with Sooyoung, Yoona, and Sunny. I felt quite dejavu right now. Every details in the church three years ago appeared in my head, but this time, I played the main role; not Jessica, Hara or anyone else. Every pair of eyes will be on me today. My guest won’t be as much as Jessica’s. I didn’t invite so many people, only close friends and relatives; so did Nichkhun.

 

Yoona and Sunny smiled toward me through the mirror. I had no idea my sister was so beautiful with a dress. She grew up into a beautiful lady—choding lady. Yuri walked closer to where Yoona at, slid her arm around Yoona’s waist before planting a peck on her lips.

 

Somehow, envious wrapped around my body when I saw those two. It was so ironic that my sister could managed her relationship with Yuri until this time—until four years being together. While I always trying to figure it out who’s the right person to own my heart.

 

Each person have a different destiny and I knew it, but wasn’t it ridiculous that mine was so complicated?

 

I had stepped until this far and there was no way I kept looking back, somehow asking God to rewind those time where my life wasn’t this complicated in my pray.

 

“I have no idea that you are so beautiful, Tiffany.” Yuri teased.

 

“So do you like the Hwang sisters now?” Sunny added as she carefully combing my hair.

 

“Uhh no? I only like the younger one.” Yuri turned to Yoona who was blushing madly and lowering her head to hide her pink tints on her cheeks.

 

I swatted her thigh until she grimaced in pain. The room filled with laughter until we saw two people stepped into the room. It was Gyuri and Taeyeon. Gyuri flashed her smile toward me as she walked closer to me, giving me a warm hug.

 

“Gyul, you made it!”

 

“Of course I made it. I don’t want to skip my very best friend’s wedding.” She smiled wider than ever and I smiled back to her as well.

 

Sunny, Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona, and Taeyeon went to the L-shaped sofa near and took their own time while I was having mine with Gyuri. She looked skinnier than the last time I saw her, but I think it was only me. We talked a lot of things while waiting Nichkhun’s friend walked in to the room and told us if I was prepared well already.

 

There was the time where I feel very nervous and I hugged Yoona. She rubbed my back, telling me that everything is going to be fine.

 

Finally I walked to the place where I will say my vows in front of everyone. And there he was, standing in the Altar with that tuxedo wrapped tightly around her muscular body, patiently waiting for me to arrive. Nichkhun was very handsome, I got mesmerized just by seeing him.

 

I took my last step, now standing next to Khun as he gently reached for my hand. He smiled to me before turning his head to the preacher.

 

Nervous. I was very nervous for some particular reasons.

 

The preacher kept talking some words while I was busy calming myself by thinking of happy thoughts, until he lifted his head up from the small book. My heartbeat was so fast when I saw his face, that I think it would burst out of my chest. I didn’t know that I will be this nervous.

 

“Nichkhun Horvejkul, do you take this girl to be your partner, to share your life openly with her, to love, honor and comfort her, in sickness and in health for all time?”

 

Nichkhun turned his head to my direction, smiling gorgeously before answering. His grip on my hand getting tightened for a split second. I felt the nervousness in him because his hand told me so.

 

“I do.”

 

“And Tiffany Hwang, do you take this guy to be your partner, to share your life openly with him, to love, honor and comfort him, in sickness and in health for all time?”

 

But, before I was able to answer him, I heard someone yelled from the seat.

 

“Objection!” He said, making everyone in the room gasped because he interrupted me from answering.

 

A guy whom I didn’t know, has a beard, wearing Rolex and a black blazer. Who the hell is this guy?

 

“Who are you?” Nichkhun asked.

 

He didn’t answer Nichkhun and walked closer to us—to me. Nichkhun tried to protect me, but he got pushed away by this guy and fell. This stranger brought me down from the Altar, carefully made a way through this red carpet. Strangely he was harmless, didn’t bring anything like a gun or a knife in his hands.

 

This was so weird! No one dared themselves to safe me. I knew they were scared, but the securities in every corner of this room? They were just standing there. Are you serious?

 

God, even my wedding is hijacked! Why do I have such a horrible life!

 

I took a glance to Krystal, Yoona, and my friends who were standing and looking at me, worried. Khun got up, running to safe me but he stopped his tracks when he realize that every gun in securities’ hands were directed at him. I gasped—so did my guests. No one moved a bit from their seat, letting me to be dragged out of the room by this stranger.

 

I had no strength to rebel. I was so scared that I think I almost cried.

 

“Sleep well, lovely.” was the last words I heard before I found him placing a handkerchief against my mouth, covering it hardly. I was rebelling until I breathed in something on the handkerchief. Dammit, a chloroform!

 

My vision became blurry, slowly everything went dark and I passed out.

 

*

 

I slowly opened my eyes, only to find that I was in room that very unfamiliar to me. The room was obviously vast, with some expensive properties there. Looked like I was in a penthouse. Then I got up of the king-sized bed, walking to the window to take a peek where I was right now. For my surprise, I saw a familiar building in front of me.

 

Chrysler Building.

 

Does it means…

 

“Good morning,” I heard a greet, following with the sound of door closed. It was the guy that kidnapped me in my wedding earlier. I was so scared and keeping my distance from him, he laughed seeing my attitude.

 

“Relax, I won’t harm nor do anything inappropriate to you.” He took a seat in the single sofa as he lit up a cigarette. He still wearing that black blazer that he wore in the wedding,  but the tee inside the blazer had changed. It was white now while he previously wore a black one.

 

“W-what do you want?” My voice cracked and I knew it shouldn’t sound that way. I didn’t want to look that I was scared, but I bet he already knew it by my movements.

 

He looked at me with a smile creeped on his face, putting down the cigarette on the ashtray as he walked closer to me. I really didn’t like this situation. It felt like I was in a movie; being kidnapped in a wedding and the kidnapper took you far away from your home.

 

Nichkhun, where are you?

 

“Don’t come any closer!” I ordered and he stopped. “What do you want? Why did you bring me here?”

 

“Do you know where you are right now?”

 

“New York,”

 

“Correct.”

 

“I don’t know you. Why did you do that? Ruined my wedding when it was supposed to be my best memories in my life!”

 

That guy glared at me, somehow I felt a similiarity with someone’s.

 

“Do you love that guy?”

 

“Of course I do! I won’t marry him if I don’t love him.”

 

“I thought you would pick me over him, Fany-ah.”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows hearing his words, confused. But then I noticed the name that he said in the last. It was Fany-ah. My brain worked quite fast to notice who’s the person that always calls me Fany-ah and it was only that person.

 

He walked closer as he brought his hand to the top of his head, grabbing it and in a few seconds, there was no longer a guy with beard anymore. His face was thrown away to the floor and changed to be the face that I used to admire back then; a beautiful face that I used to see everyday and a face that always made me mesmerized everytime I see it.

 

It was no other than Jessica, who was currently standing few meters away from me. Her light brown locks fell down as she removed the mask and showing me a beautiful face of Jessica Jung.

 

Is this some kind of joke?

 

I didn’t move a bit, powerless that I think every muscles in my body didn’t work for few seconds. They were all dead. She moved closer and closer to me and this time I managed to move back, avoiding her.

 

Jessica was the one who ruined my wedding when it was supposed to be my day, and she was supposed to be in States. But here we were, both of us were now in New York, together, under the same roof, and she was few meters away from me, trying to get me as I kept moving away from her.

 

“Tiffany,” Her voice was now Jessica’s, not a guy voice that probably he was like smoke two packs of cigarette in a day.

 

“Stop! Don’t come any closer, Jessica!”

 

I wanted to cry so badly. I really can’t believe that I met her again where I used to have a thought that I will never ever see her again. I was happy that I could meet her again, but in other side, I hate her for ruining my wedding day.

 

“Tiffany, please…”

 

“Please what? You have ruined my wedding day. Are you happy now, Jung?!” I almost yelled and I slightly felt guilty because the sadness in her eyes were so obvious. I just had to do that.

 

“I still loves you. Why don’t you ever get it?”

 

“You are so selfish. You are just thinking about your happiness and not thinking of mine. I love Khun and we were almost getting married, but you ruined it! You ruined a day where it was supposed to be my day!” Now I can’t help it anymore. I cried in front of her and I didn’t know what was the reason I cried; it was either I cried in happiness or madness.

 

This time, Jessica dared herself to walk to my direction and hugged me. I rebelled in her embrace, hitting her chest repeatedly until she groaned few times, but she didn’t let me go. Jessica even hugged me more tight than ever. My tears burst out, I can’t control it anymore.

 

“Taeyeon told me everything,” She said as she keeping me in her hug. “That was why I dared myself to appear in your wedding and ruined everything.”

 

That midget…

 

“Taeyeon was my only access to get informations about you.”

 

Jessica was crazy, indeed crazy.

 

“And that time when both of Taeyeon and Krystal told me that you were getting married—”

 

“Don’t tell me you were hospitalized because of it.”

 

“What’s more accurate than that?”

 

Sweet Lord, Jessica fell sick because of me. I was the reason behind it. Why was I so slow to realize it? I had no idea about it since we didn’t keep in touch, or because I was so freaking stupid to even realize it.

 

“I was so frustrated that I think I will lose you forever,” She pulled me closer and closer, “but then, I heard a strange whisper in my ears that I should try to get you for one more time.”

 

My tears couldn’t be stopped. It kept flowing down my cheeks for each words that came out from Jessica’s mouth. It was so sweet; her efforts to get me back to her embrace.

 

“Why did you do that? I haven’t fought for you all this time, but you kept doing that. It made me feel guilty, don’t you know that?”

 

“It doesn’t—”

 

“I don’t deserve you, Jessi.”

 

“You do! Of course you do!” She pulled me tighter. Her voice cracked as if she was scared to lose me again. “I don’t care about those craps. As long as I get a chance, I will do anything for you to be mine again, Fany-ah.”

 

“Stop doing that to me. I feel horrible.”

 

Instead of replying my words, she kissed me on the mouth and pushed me to where the bed was. We both fell on it without leaving each other’s lips. We poured everything through the kisses; our longing for not able to see each other for few years, Jessica’s hurt heart and it was like her heart was telling me that she missed me so freaking much and she didn’t want to see me with someone else other than her, and the last but not the least, of course my guilt for letting Jessica suffered alone. I wasn’t there when she needed me the most.

 

But then as soon as I felt Jessica took off her blazer and I already enjoyed everything, Khun appeared in my mind. I jolted up when his face popped out from nowhere.

 

“S-Stop, Jessi. This is so wrong,”

 

“Nothing is wrong, Tiffany.”

 

“I…” I got up into a sitting position, staring at the white bedsheet instead of Jessica’s eyes. I didn’t dare to do that. I was so afraid to see Jessica’s disappointed eyes this time.

 

Before I even say something, Jessica let out a small chuckled. Neither of us staring at each other’s face. Both of us were hurt.

 

“I understand. It’s your fiance, right?” Jessica muttered and then I heard a ‘your three-year-hero’ in a quiet way but it was so clear for me to be heard.

 

“N-No, it's not like that.”

 

Jessica stood up and picked her blazer that previously laying on the floor before walking to the door. She looked so hurt and once again, guilty feeling came to me again. I didn’t think twice and followed her after, grabbing her wrist tightly to not let her go.

 

“Don’t go, Jessi.”

 

“It’s okay. I just realized how my action was crossed the line. I supposed to think about you and your fiancé.” She smiled weakly. “I was too obsessed. I’m sorry.”

 

I kissed her before she say anything more, but she carefully pulled her head away from me right after our lips touched; rejecting the kiss. I slightly felt nothing but hurt and disappointed at the same time. This was the first time Jessica rejected my kiss.

 

“Don’t force yourself. I’ll let you to choose between me or him. You have the right to do that and I have no right to force you to choose me.” And she closed the door, leaving me in the room alone with the mask that she forgot to pick it up.

 

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: updated! hehe im sorry for grammar error and do PM me if you don't understand something :)) hope you guys enjoy it ^^ *passes out*