9

The First and The Last

As Miss Jung’s plan about dinner with our friends and Yoona, she really went to pick me up at home even though I had told her that I’ll go there by a cab. I can’t refuse her since she insisted to do so. We went there by her white BMW. By the way, I didn’t tell Yuri that Yoona come with us. Just say I wanted to make a surprise for both of them.

 

Once we got there, Miss Jung talked to one of the waitresses for the table that Taeyeon had reserved for us and the waitress showed us the table. Wow, I had to admit it that our table located in such a beautiful spot; in the porch, so we can see the city at night. So pretty the city is. I looked that Yuri, Sooyoung, Taeyeon, and Sunny were already there. , Yuri and Sooyoung are giggling at me. I knew what they meant, this was the reason why I didn’t want to go here with Miss Jung. I knew they will tease us, just like this.

 

And how jerk they were when I saw the sitting position. They left two empty seats for me and Miss Jung in the edge of the table. Damn damn damn, I knew they did it on purpose. I can’t complain, but gave Yuri and Sooyoung a death glare as I walked to the chair.

 

Once I sat beside Miss Jung, I saw Yuri jerked up when she saw Yoona walked towards the table with Krystal. She looked at me with that blushing face. Hah, I knew it. And when I looked at Yoona, she seemed surprised when she saw Yuri sitting beside Sooyoung. I quickly took out my phone and texted Sooyoung.

 

To: Soo

19.15

“Soo, get your off your seat. Let my sister sits beside Yuri. Please.”

 

Sooyoung eyed me with that excited look—whoa, she was already understand what I meant. Nice, Soo. This is my revenge for Yuri. Sooyoung rose from her seat, smiling at Yoona and asking her politely to sit there. Yoona doubtly refused it, but after she saw my glance at her, she nodded. Aw, how cute seeing these girls blushing. Mission accomplished.

 

“Have you ordered the foods?” Miss Jung asked Taeyeon. I somehow forgot the reason why Miss Jung keep asking her and not to the others. Taeyeon was like her personal secretary.

 

“I haven’t. We waited for you guys first.”

 

The waitress came and provided us the menus. I didn’t get the menu, so did Krystal and Sunny. Ish, why did the restaurant didn’t give us the menus that correspond to the number of people in the table? I secretly grumbling. Suddenly, Miss Jung pushed the menu to me so I can see the list of foods in the menu. For a second, I forgot there were three trolls in the same table as us and I reached for the menu.

 

“What do you want for your food, Tiffany?”

 

“Hmm... Is lasagne okay?”

 

“Of course. Whatever you want. And your drink?”

 

“Lemon squash.” I smiled to her unconsciously as I gently pushed the menu back to her. She smiled to me as well; we had eyecontacts for few seconds, but when I realized few pair of eyes were looking at me—at us—the smile on my face quickly fade away; especially when I saw Yuri, Sooyoung, and Sunny’s ones. Whatever.

 

Everyone enjoyed the dinner. It was not like office mates dinner, but it was like family dinner. I didn’t know why, but that was what I felt during eating, talking, and joking. Something happened between Yoona and Yuri when I accidentally having my eyes on Yoona. Both of them were smiling shyly at each other. Gotcha, I knew it from the start that they were falling in love with each other. I was just curious about what will happen in the future.

 

All of sudden, I felt a hand hold mine underneath the table. Yes, whose hand other than Miss Jung’s who was sitting calmly beside me. I didn’t know what was the reason she held my hand, but I did feel nervous when she did that (as always). I twisted my head to see her and all she did was smiling sweetly at me. I was dying inside. Her beautiful dark blue eyes were getting inside me and I think these butterflies in my stomach were flying happily. Gosh, stop staring at me.

 

She took my hand, placed it on her lap and intertwined my fingers with hers. I didn’t ing know her reason did this and I wanted to know. I lowered my head, hiding my blushing face in front of everyone. Taeyeon was here. Please don’t read my mind.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?” I heard Yoona’s voice from her place. I quickly raised my head and looked at her.

 

“I’m fine. What’s wrong?”

 

“Oh, nothing.” She eyed me worriedly and back to chat with Sooyoung, Sunny, Krystal and Taeyeon. I felt Miss Jung’s grip on my hand was getting tighter than before. She was so warm.

 

Not long after it, she slipped out her phone and texted someone—without releasing my hand. And I realize that she texted Yuri; because she almost jumped when her phone vibrated in her pocket. Her face began panic and gave Miss Jung a “No! Not me!” face, even though I didn’t know what her message was about, but her face was sort of like that. And Miss Jung leaned to Taeyeon, whispering something to her. I kind of curious what they were talking about. A smirk left on Miss Jung’s face after she whisper Taeyeon, and a facepalmed Yuri came out.

 

*

 

We finished the dinner few minutes ago and now we were heading to the parking lot. Nervous Yuri passed me by—rushed by something—still, I don’t know what happened with her.

 

“Yoona, do you mind to go home with Yuri?” Yoona snapped her head to Taeyeon who suddenly said that. I secretly giggled hearing that.

 

“W-what?” She looked shocked, her face began to red. Oh, so this is the reason why Yuri acted that way. So, Miss Jung realized something between Yuri and Yoona, but she pretend like she didn’t know it. Cool. “Is Tiffany-unnie come with us?”

 

“No, Jessica will take her home.”

 

“Krystal?”

 

“She will come with me and Sooyoung.”

 

“B-but...”

 

“So Tiffany, you ready to go?” Miss Jung asked and I nodded, so Yoona won’t refuse it and go home with Yuri. I walked with Miss Jung to her car, giggling when I saw Yoona keep pointing at me—at Miss Jung’s car probably.

 

“Your sister keep whining.” Miss Jung chuckled as she put on the safety belt.

 

“It’s okay. I think I will get scolded later by ignoring her like that.”

 

“I like them.” I twisted my head to see Miss Jung. “I mean Yuri and Yoona.”

 

“I know, right? They would make a cute couple.”

 

“I think so too” Both of us laughing for few seconds until Miss Jung told me to go.

 

*

 

Urgh

 

I fumbled the desk without opening my eyes as my phone keep ringing on it. Where the hell is that noisy thing? I took a glance to the clock on the wall and closed my eyes again, burying my head on the pillow deeper. Damn, it was 3 AM in the morning. Who the hell was this? I grabbed my phone and placed it on my ear.

 

“Hello?” I answered harshly.

 

“Hello. Sorry for disturbing your sleep...” Good, you knew it that I was sleeping and just tell me what the is wrong with you calling me this early. And I don’t even know whose voice is this. “but, I think you know this woman named...” She stopped, like searching for something she will used to tell me. “... named Jessica Jung, right?”

 

I opened my eyes as I heard her name. What happened with her?

 

“Y-Yes, I know her. What happened?”

 

“She’s drunk here. Her condition is horrible and now she’s sleeping in our bar. I’m afraid something would happen if I allow her to drive home. I saw your name on her caller list, that’s why I decided to call you. Sorry once again.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be there as soon as possible.”

 

After she told me where the bar was, I woke Yoona up and asked her to accompany me to the bar. There was no way in hell I go there alone.

 

As I arrived there, I looked Miss Jung collapsed on the couch; sleeping with an empty glass in her hand. She looked horrible, unconscious with that red face. She was like she wasn’t Miss Jung. Miss Jung isn’t like this. I murmured as I lift her hand and wrapped it around my neck, so did Yoona in the other side. We carried her to the car, lying her on the backseat and going back to my apartment. I had no idea of her house so I’ll bring her to my place.

 

Yoona immediately went to sleep once we arrived at home. It was almost four in the morning and she had to be up within two hours because of school. So am I. I needed to be up for work too. Miss Jung was now sleeping on my bed, snoring lightly. Her face still pretty as always even though she messed up. I took off her shoes and placed it under my bed. I was so sleepy and can’t hold this anymore. This made me lazy to go to work today. I threw my body on the bed and immediately going to the dreamland.

 

*

 

I opened my eyes as my alarm began to ring on the nightstand. I fumbled the desk and turn it off. Six already, huh? Why did time move so fast? I still want to sleep. I closed my eyes again, but open it again when I felt something wrapped around my waist. I looked down and saw Miss Jung’s arms wrapped around it, hugging me tight. I flushed immediately. Miss Jung’s arm around my waist?! She hugged me!? And I did realize my back was touching her front side; I could feel her breath on my neck, inhaled and exhaled. It tickled me for sure. When I was about to get up, I got pulled backward because of Miss Jung hugged me even tight. She snuggled on my back.

 

“J-Jessica...”

 

“Nggg...” She only moaned and continue to sleep. I sighed desperately. I was not even lie, I can’t move. She hugged me really tight, like don’t want me to go. I wasn't a bolster to be hugged. Even though I like it she did this. So I closed my eyes again, not planning to sleep but I did after few minutes. Did I lock the door? Because Yoona will caught us if I didn’t. The last words before I went sleep.

 

*

 

Ten in the morning and I realized I didn’t go to work today. I checked up my phone and got five missed calls from Yuri and Taeyeon. I turned my body, found out Miss Jung was still sleeping! What!? I shook her body, trying to wake her up.

 

“Jessica!” I called her.

 

“Hngggg?” She turned her body opposite, pulling the blanket over her shoulder.

 

“Wake up!”

 

Finally, she turned around again, still having her eyes closed. “What?”

 

“It's ten in the morning already!”

 

“It’s okay...”

 

Should I tell her that I overslept and didn’t go to work?

 

“Tiffany, is that you?”

 

“Yeah, it’s me. Why?” I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom.

 

“How did you get in to my house?”

 

“Your house? You’re in my apartment, Jessica. Seriously, you need to wake up. We’re already late for work.”

 

“Your apartment?” She finally got up, looking around my room. “How did I—”

 

“You were drunk at bar and the staff called me to pick you up.”

 

“Oh.”

 

She slumped to the bed and pulled the blanket over her shoulder again, going back to sleep. Oh dear God.

 

“Am I still allowed to go to work, Jessica? I mean, it’s ten already.”

 

“No, you don’t need to. I’ll tell Yuri about this.” She mumbled. Not that troll! I’ll get bullied even more if she do that.

 

“Okay, you don’t need to do that. I’ll tell her by myself.”

 

“It’s okay, I won’t tell her that you were with me. Chill.”

 

I clammed up, feeling so guilty when she said that. Guilty because she felt what I always felt. It was like I’m ashamed being with her and trying so hard to cover it; and she knew it.

 

“Sorry.” I silently whispered.

 

*

 

“Hey, where have you been?” I turned around the voice. It was Yuri with a sandwich in her hand. Was eating allowed during work hour?

 

“I wasn’t  feeling well. Sorry for not telling you before.”

 

“Really? But Jessica didn’t come to work as well. I thought you both were eloped.” I rolled my eyes as I keep walking to my office. Silent atmosphere between us. I didn’t mind it since I had nothing to be talked with Yuri. She was busy with her food, munching, enjoying it every bite of it; another Sooyoung.

 

“Hey Tiffany” She called me once she had done with her food.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Can you please be honest to me? For this question only.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“You like Jessica, aren’t you?”

 

I stopped my steps, Yuri did it also. Both of us were staring like no one want to break it because if we do, it means we lose (if you guys get what I meant). I sighed and keep walking.

 

“Well, I take that as a yes.”

 

“I’m not, Kwon Yuri. Stop your imagination about me and Jessica being together or I like her or she like me or whatever that connected with those!”

 

“Ouch, so you are already able to call her by her name, yes?”

 

“Whatever.” She giggled. “Starts from now, you really need to stop talking nonsense like that.” I added.

 

“Oh c’mon, Tiffany. I can tell you, I mean, the prove that you like Jessica.”

 

“Oh yeah? Tell me what is that? Or what are those?” I stopped my steps again and turned around to Yuri. She was grinning widely. Her face was innocentyet I wanted to punch her on the face, really hard.

 

“First, you are always nervous when Jessica come or around you.” She leaned against the wall, crossing her arms. “Second, everytime when you have eyecontacts with her... Well, I think I’m the only one who notice this, but a smile creeped out in the corner of your lips. I’m not even lie about all of these.” That’s right, so she noticed it?

 

“Third—”

 

“How many proves are you going to tell me?” I sighed.

 

“This is the last,” I wasn't going to hear all of those anymore. That’s it. “When you are looking, or staring at Jessica, your gaze is so different. She’s like the special one in your eyes. I could tell it because I feel it.” That was shocking. I silently surprised hearing that confession from Yuri. No, she was not lie. She told me the truth. I even realized it sometimes everytime I look at Miss Jung. But... no. It doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t mean that I like her or something.

 

“It doesn’t mean I like her or whatever it is.”

 

“Of course it does. You felt loved by her. I know that gaze made because you melted inside, by Jessica’s beautiful eyes, right?” , so I’m not the only one who find Miss Jung’s beautiful eyes? Even Yuri said it. No, stop it! I was about to lose—or already lose. I turned around, don’t have anything to say.

 

“If you don’t want to admit, I could ask Taeyeon about how you feel towards Jessica. She could read everything.” . “At least if you tell me the truth, I’m the only one in the world who knows it. But if you don’t, Taengoo will do too.”

 

“Why are you threatening me?”

 

“I just want to know the truth, Tiffany. That’s it. You are living with lies. You lied to yourself, you lied to me, you lied to everyone about your feelings. You lied to Yoona too.”

 

“Yoona doesn’t even know about this.”

 

“She does. She told me yesterday that she felt something wrong on you whenever Jessica is around you.” Even my own sister betrayed me like this. “She said you look nervous and become a different person.”

 

“Stop it, Yuri. Really. Please mind your own business.” I walked away from her, about to go to my office, but she grabbed my wrist.

 

“Let me say something to you,”

 

I didn’t want to look at her anymore, because I was afraid she will read the expressions on my face. I was confused and scared in the same time. My mood for work was already gone because of this ty topic.

 

“The more you hide your feelings, the more they show. The more you deny your feelings, the more they grow.”

 

Stop it.

 

“You fell in love with Jessica.”

 

Stop!

 

I brushed her hand off and continued walking to my office. Everything was so complicated. It mixed up in my mind. Stupid. This was really stupid. Yuri was so stupid. Everything was so stupid.

 

It’s stupid for falling in love with Jung Jessica.

 

*

 

“Sis?” Yoona tuck her head in to my room.

 

“Ngh?”

 

“I haven’t eaten anything since this afternoon. Do you have something to eat?” She rubbed her stomach, feeling her dinosaur roaring inside. Yoona just came back from her campus. She came late lately because of assignments. I got up from my bed, closing my laptop and put it on my desk.

 

“Why don’t you just go to restaurants on the lobby? There are some. I didn’t make anything today. Sorry.”

 

“Oh? Okay, I’ll go there. You want to eat something too?”

 

“No, thanks. Here’s the money.” I took out the money from my wallet and gave Yoona.

 

“Isn’t it too much?”

 

“No.” Yoona pouted as she staring at the money and leaving me alone in the room. I threw myself on the bed. So much things in my head and I didn’t want to think about it. Everything was mixed in my head. Works, life, Yuri’s words, and her. It was not even important to think about her, but my mind keep doing so. I hate it, totally. I was afraid Yoona would notice my strange behavior these days. I didn’t talk a lot like I used to. I kept silent; until someone talked to me and I will reply him/her. If it was not important, then don’t expect me to talk. I didn’t even smiling; and if I did, it was fake.

 

Just say, it all began since the last time I talked to Yuri couple days ago. I didn’t talk to Yuri as much as I used to. I didn’t spend lunch with my friends even though Taeyeon and Sooyoung always comes to my office, trying to drag my off of my room. I avoid everyone I know in the office, excluding Miss Jung; because she was in States for some business. All I wanted was being alone. That was so obvious, but I can’t do anything. Everything bothered me and it kept coming and coming. I really needed someone to talk to, but I didn’t know who it is.

 

I buried my face onto the pillow, feeling like want to scream my lungs out and release my stress out. I wanted to cry because those thoughts were piled up.

 

“The more you hide your feelings, the more they show. The more you deny your feelings, the more they grow.”

 

Yuri’s words rung again in my head. Maybe she was right, but still, I can’t believe it if I really falling in love with Miss Jung. That couldn’t be happened.

 

Maybe I was this stressed because I can’t share this problem. Yeah, maybe that was the main problem.

 

Suddenly, my phone buzzed on the night stand and I reached for it.

 

From: “Miss Jung”

21.04

“Hey :)

You asleep?”

 

Urgh. Screw her. I won’t reply. I put my phone back on its origin place and went to the bed again. She was starting it again. She was my main problem. I blamed her because of this. I took a glance of my phone again, thinking of should-I-reply-her-damn-message? thing.

 

“Damn you, Jung.” I cursed as I grab my phone.

 

To: “Miss Jung”

21.06

“Not yet.”

 

From: “Miss Jung”

21. 07

“Are you on your period?”

 

I raised my eyebrows. So she realized my short reply. I chuckled and typed something.

 

To: “Miss Jung”

21.08

“No, I’m not. Why?”

 

From: “Miss Jung”

21.10

“Ur short reply was annoying”

 

To: “Miss Jung”

21.13

“Sorry then”

 

From: “Miss Jung”

21.14

“So I heard from Taeyeon, you acted weirdly towards your friends, you know who they are, aren’t you? You mind to tell me what’s going on?”

 

Damn. I never thought that she will ask this thing. I was so obvious and I realize that, but Taeyeon told Miss Jung about this? Oh God, why she did this?

 

To: “Miss Jung”

21.18

“Nothing. Just personal thing.”

 

From: “Miss Jung”

21.19

“Okay. Well, at least don’t ignore me when I’m back to the office, k?”

 

Oh sweet Lord, I was planning to ignore you, avoid you, pretend like you don’t exist in this world, and now you caught my plan? Is she a mindreader too?

 

To: “Miss Jung”

21.21

“I don’t know.”

 

From: “Miss Jung”

21.23

“Your temper is no joke. I’ll leave you alone. Good night and sleep well.”

 

I threw my phone to the empty space, bringing my knees to my chest. I kind of felt guilty for acting that way to her, but I didn’t want something to happen if I continue the conversation. Yuri’s word kept ringing in my mind. I can’t even avoid it. Gosh, I was so damn confused. What-if questions started to pop inside my head and there were so much. I pulled my hair, hard, but it was useless.

 

Am I really falling in love with Miss Jung like Yuri said to me?

 

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: updated! sorry if this chapter is nonsense >< kinda lack of ideas T_____T but I hope you guys like it :) sorry for grammar error and as always, don't hesitate to ask me in PM if you don't understand something in this chapter :) thanks for reading <3

*The more you hide your feelings, the more they show. The more you deny your feelings, the more they grow* <--- I found this quote on Twitter, so it's NOT mine. Credit goes to @FreddyAmazin :)