12

The First and The Last

I opened my eyes when I heard something near to me; clicking sounds. My head was so hurt. It was killing me softly. I raised my head, seeing a white blanket covering my body. I was still wearing the dress that I wore for the party. I was still in one piece, yet I hadn’t realized where I am.

 

Until I twisted my head and saw Jessica who was playing XBox beside me, using a headphone so she won’t make any noises. She wore a white t-shirt and shorts. She didn’t even look like Jessica that I used to see in office. This girl in front me was just like a kid who kept her eyes on the game she was playing on; not the gorgeous Jessica Jung that own a famous company. This girl was like an ordinary girl. She looked at me as she put down the console on her lap.

 

"Good morning." Jessica's smile in the morning when you just woke up, what a perfect thing to start my day.

 

"Good morning."

 

"Are you hungry? I'm going to make breakfast." She was about to get out of the bed, but I grabbed her wrist, like telling her not to go anywhere. Stay with me.

 

"I'm not hungry." I slumped back on the bed, closing my eyes because of this pain in my head. I could feel Jessica tucked the blanket over my chest, covering my body with it.

 

"Go back to sleep then. It's still six in the morning."

 

"Have you slept yet?"

 

"I have. But woken up at five."

 

"Why was it?"

 

"I don't know, my body did it by itself."

 

I kept silent, snuggling deeper onto the pillow when she started playing the Xbox again. She looked still tired, the eyebags hadn’t gone yet though. I pulled down her t-shirt repeatedly, asking her to look at me.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"Get in."

 

 "Get in to wh—”

 

 "The blanket."

 

She didn't say anything but slid in to the blanket after she put the console on the nightstand next to the bed. I looked at her in the eye between my loosen hair as she stared at me. I raised my hand, caressing Jessica's puffy cheek. She looked extremely beautiful even though it was still six in the morning. As I look at her, three questions popped up in my mind.

 

They were how, what, and who.

 

How did she make me falling in love with her until I almost allowed her to touch me on some places that she shouldn't? And kissed me on the lips when actually I was waiting 24 years for prince charming to kiss me on it? Not a princess. Sure thing I was desperately in love with her.

 

What charm did she use to make me melts everytime I look at her?

 

And the last was, who is she? An angel or what? Because everytime I look at her, it such a breathtaking and it could be killed me.

 

"Jessi."

 

"Ngg?"

 

“I remember everything about what happened between us last night.”

 

“Are you going to hate me because we made out and almost did ?”

 

“No.”

 

“So?”

 

“I want to ask you something.”

 

“What is that?” She placed her head on her palm, resting her right elbow on the pillow as she continue staring at me.

 

“Why didn’t you continue it?”

 

“Continue what?”

 

“Doing that.”

 

“You were drunk, Fany-ah. You lost your mind at that time and I didn’t want something bad happened to you.”

 

I clammed up realizing what I had just asked. How could I asked her something about that? But I felt curious. I didn’t care if I was being immature right now. I didn’t care if Jessica was younger than me and her thoughts were more mature than me.

 

“I won’t do that with you.”

 

“Why? Do you hate me?”

 

“Of course I don’t.”

 

“So why?”

 

“I won’t do that until you ready for it.”

 

“I was ready, but you didn’t do it.”

 

“Like I said, you were drunk.”

 

I shut my eyes tightly, regretting that drunk was a bad choice. Jessica kept looking at me with her dark blue eyes, scanning everything on me carefully. She didn’t say anything which make me uncomfortable. I lifted my head, staring back at her eyes. I didn’t know why I am acting like I was ually frustrated.

 

"I love you, Jessi."

 

"I know."

 

“You do?” She nodded. She leaned closer to me, still looking at me in the eye as she was telling me those hundred reasons to love her. Well, I mean who doesn’t love Jung Jessica?

 

“I love you too, Tiffany.” I had been waiting for those magic words to come from Jessica’s mouth to me. I didn’t plan to confess, but it just blurred out from my mouth. I bet it couldn’t wait any longer to say that. And it was like a dream come true; Jessica said she love me too.

 

“Yes, I love you so much, Tiffany. My world has changed since I met you. I don’t know, but I think you are the only one who can make my heart went thump-thump whenever I look at you.”

 

She slid her hand around my waist, bringing me more close to her.

 

“I’m afraid if you didn’t feel the same way like me, because the way you acted. Sometimes you were so cold to me.” Hearing that, my heartbeat quickened. She felt that! Oh of course she felt it. I know sometimes I was being too obvious.

 

I buried my head to her chest, hugging her more tight than ever. I think I almost cried remembering my silliness back then.

 

“No, I’m so sorry. I did that because I had a trouble to admit my feelings to you.  I know I love you so much that I can’t even avoid, but… it was so hard to me because—”

 

“Because I’m a girl and you fell in love with a girl? And you were afraid?” She cut off my words.

 

“No—Yes.” I’m so ashamed but this is your consequence, Tiffany. Jessica kept shut, didn’t say anything after it. I was trembling, scared if Jessica disappointed to me.

 

“Are you still afraid? Or even ashamed for loving me?”

 

“No, I’m not! I don’t care if I’m not straight. I love you and you are all I need and I care about, Jessica.” I raised up my head, looking at her who was staring at me with those dark blue eyes. I swallowed hard since Jessica say nothing to me, it make me scared more than my phobia to bugs. My grip on her shirt was getting tighter. I was scared.

 

“Trust me, Jessica. I lo—” She cut my words again, but this time she kissed my lips. Jessica quickly rolled over and now she was already hovering on top of me, again. I wrapped my hands around her as I felt  her tongue starting to explore everything in my mouth. I really wanted it this time, but she immediately pulled her head away not long after she sensed where that kisses was went. Her hair hung down onto my face, but she quickly remove it from my face.

 

“I trust you, Tiffany. Don’t worry about it.” She smiled, so did I.

 

“Are we an item now?” I asked her.

 

“Of course. What are you thinking, girl?” She let out a laugh and pinched my cheek.

 

This time, I felt so relieved. It was like the big hole in my heart was slowly disappeared. I hugged this young girl once again; smelling Jessica’s hair, snuggle deeper onto her neck. Sadly she pulled away, but I still have my hands on the blade of her shoulder. I didn’t know where she was going, but I can’t get up and follow her. The pain in my head back to hitting me like crazy and I was so dizzy as hell. I closed my eyes, going to the dream land for the second time.

 

*

 

It was eight in the morning and I just woke up because my phone was ringing in my satchel, but when I was about to answer, it went died. I buried my face on the pillow; the pain was gone but I was still lazy to get out of the bed. It was so comfortable. I smelled Jessica’s scent on the bed and the pillow, it make me feel so happy just by smelling her scent. She really drove me crazy.

 

"Hey, you want a cereal?" Jessica popped out in the doorway with a spoon in . I nodded and she disappeared. I finally be able to get out of the bed and walked to where Jessica was. She was preparing two bowls for the cereal, bringing out the box of cereal from the shelf and pouring it to the bowls.

 

"Are you still dizzy?"

 

"No, but I feel so weak."

 

"You drank a lot last night."

 

"Was I?"

 

"Yes." She chuckled, placing the bowl of cereal in front of me.

 

"Sorry, it's been a while since I drink an alcohol."

 

She dragged the chair next to me and sat on it, scooping up the cereal into . The atmosphere was so peaceful that I only could hear the sound of refrigerator and birds chirping.

 

“Yoona called me an hour ago. She was searching for you.”

 

“Ah, I haven’t told her that I’m with you. What did you say to her?”

 

“I told her that you are with me.”

 

“Looks like she was the one who called me few minutes ago.” Jessica shook her head as she place the spoon on the bowl. She had finished her breakfast already. Looked like she was dead hungry but waited for me to wake up so we can have breakfast together. As I finished mine, I washed it in the sink and back to Jessica’s room. Today’s weather was almost perfect because I think it will rain soon.

 

I saw Jessica hopped on to her bed, grabbing the console of the Xbox and continuing her game. I sat on the edge of the bed while I was scrolling down my phone, checking for some messages that I got from Yoona. Poor Yoong, I hope Yuri was with her yesterday, to her.

 

“I think I should go home.” I gathered up my satchel. Jessica paused her game and crawled to me.

 

“Why? It will rain soon. You better stay here for a while.” She placed her jaw on my shoulder. I could feel her breath on her neck, which make me shuddering.

 

“I’m worried of Yoong.”

 

“Mmm.” She leaned closer, kissing my neck like she was trying to prevent me from going home. It won’t worked, Jung. Urgh, she always teased me like this.

 

“Stop it, you little.” Her pout changed into a grin when I pushed her onto the bed. She smiled naughtily, but immediately got up and gave me a quick peck.

 

“I’ll drive you home.”

 

*

 

I plugged the key into the keyhole but hadn’t turned it around. Jessica still looking around at the empty corridor while she kept my hands in her grip, didn’t want to let it go just for a bit. That alone proved me about her feelings to me. I smiled glancing to our hands that still intertwined, and Jessica smiled to me too once she caught my gaze at her.

 

Jessica walked closer, pinning me against the wall before she placed her lips on mine. I placed my hands on her waist while she placed hers on the wall for the support. I was going to miss this lips. I didn’t know when will I feel this again because we are definitely not going to do this in the office.

 

“Hey, we’re in the corridor. Everyone could walk in anytime.” I said, touching the tip of her nose with mine.

 

“But it’s empty and I missed your lips already. It looked tempting.”

 

“I didn’t know you were this aggressive.”

 

“I went aggressive when it comes to you.”

 

I think Jessica could see the pink tint on my face once I heard that, because she was smirking naughtily right now. She pinched my cheek and let me go.

 

“See you tomorrow? I’ll pick you up here.”

 

“It’s okay, you don’t need to do that. I’ll go work by bus.”

 

“But—”

 

“Jessi, I’m not a kid. I can take care of myself.”

 

She sighed desperately, placing her hands into the pocket on the jacket. I rubbed her cheek which make her grinned like a kid. I just know what was her favorite; her cheek being caressed (by me).

 

“I trust you. Just be careful, okay?” I nodded, making her believe me more. “Okay then, see you tomorrow.” She smiled and walked away from me.

 

“Umm, Jessi?”

 

“Yeah?” She turned around, looking at me with that angelic smile on her face.

 

“Kiss me once again?”

 

Jessica laughed, “look who’s being aggressive here.” but then she walked closer to me and kissed my lips. It was just a smooch but I was so happy for getting it. She waved at me; I stood still in front of the door until she disappeared from my sight.

 

I finally understand what exactly happiness means was. In my case, my happiness was Jessica. Just by looking at her, kissing her, holding her hands, and I could feel the butterflies inside my stomach pop out and fly happily. She was the only one in this world who could make my heart beat so fast more than an athlete or a cheetah. She was the only one who could make me feel safe whenever she was around me.

 

Yeah, Jessica was my happiness. She was the best treasure I’ve ever found.

 

*

 

A knock could be heard on my door when I was on my laptop, surfing the internet. I had nothing to do since it was rain not long after Jessica went home. It was Yoona. She was holding her rilakkuma doll—well, I knew what she was meant.

 

“Scared of thunders?” I asked and she nodded. She hopped on my bed, lying there as she hugged her doll.

 

“So, where have you been since the party, unnie?” Her sudden question made me gasped secretly.

 

“I was with Jessica. I thought you already know about it since she told me you called her before.”

 

“I know, but it would be better if I know it from you too, right?” I clammed up, keep typing on my laptop. “You didn’t do that thing with her, did you?”

 

“What thing?”

 

That thing.” I stopped my activity for a while, thinking what she meant. Once I realize it, my face began to blush like mad.

 

“Of course I didn’t. What the hell are you thinking!?” I hit her with a pillow. But it was almost happened and I don’t have a plan to tell her about it.

 

She giggled, placing her jaw on my left thigh and staring at the monitor which showing my work.

 

“How about you and Yuri yesterday? Had a good Saturday night?”

 

“Aish,” I raised my eyebrows hearing it. What? Is something happened between them yesterday?

 

“What? What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Really? Your face didn’t tell me so.” She peeked through the doll, between its arm and its body. “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me about it. It’s your business anyway.”

 

“Yuri confessed her feelings to me on Saturday night, exactly after the party and she drove me home.” I was not surprised. I knew Yuri will do that.

 

“And?”

 

“And I accepted her. We’re official now!” Yoona’s voice almost looked like screamed. She was extremely happy. That silly grin on her face was enough to show me.

 

“Congratulations. Can you give me nephews?”                                                                           

 

“We weren’t married, unnie. And both of us are girls! What are you thinking!?” She slapped my arm. Whoa, she’s blushing.

 

“Just kidding. So, was she accompany you since I didn’t come home last night?”

 

“Yes. She just went home an hour before you arrived.”

 

“Well, you didn’t do anything like…umm… that thing, right?”

 

“Wasn’t that my question? And of course we didn’t do that.” She rolled her eyes and played with the arm of her doll. I chuckled, wondering if she had the same thing like me—that thingy almost happened.

 

“Or we have not.” She added.

 

“Oh sweet Lord. Yoong!”

 

“What? That’s the truth! We don’t even know if—if Satan tempts our faith and we accidentally do that.”                                      

 

“No, that was such a stupid excuse. You are planning to do that, aren’t you!?"                                     

 

“I swear to God I’m not!”

 

I facepalmed, closing my laptop and getting out of the bed. Actually, I didn’t really mind but something bothering me. I was afraid of something. Pregnancy? No, of course it was not about it since both of them were women. I just didn’t know what was that. I walked around the room but I ended up back on the bed, glancing at Yoona who was staring me back with that uncomfortable stare.

 

“I don’t mind if you do that with Yuri. But please, I don’t want you to get pregnant.” I was joking. Heh, teasing her was the best thing ever.

 

“Unnie! What are you thinking?! Are you thinking that Yuri is a guy!? Gosh!” She desperately pulled her hair back.

 

“I’m just kidding. Don’t do that too much, okay?”

 

“Shut up! I'm not even planning to do that.”

 

We will see, Yoong.

 

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: haha the ending is weird xD but i hope you like this chap :) i was inspired making the kissing scene in the corridor when i saw this LOL forgive me (_ _) sorry for grammar error ><