23

The First and The Last

I opened my eyes from my sleep and found a pair of hands wrapped tightly around me. I could feel her lips pressed on my bare shoulder, her soft breath and our legs that intertwined together underneath the blanket. She was awake, or didn't sleep?

 

"Jessi?"

 

"Hm?"

 

I turned around, meeting her eyes as she moved closer to me.

 

"Did you think about it?"

 

"I can't, Tiffany. You can't force me to marry Hara. I don't want to do that and that's the last decision."

 

I shut my eyes tightly. I think once again, what should I do make Jessica want to marry Hara? I never thought that it will be this hard.

 

“Jessi…”

 

“Please, Tiffany. I love you and you love me too. We both loves each other, now tell me what’s the main reason why you wanted me to marry Hara.”

 

“I don’t want you to be a rebel. And if you chose me over Hara, your life will be more complicated—our life.” I explained to the girl who was on top of me, staring straight at me with her sharp eyes. She leaned closer, kissing my lips for the first time in the day.

 

“Being a rebel is cool, Tiffany.”

 

“But you never done that before. Just do what your parents want and live happily with Hara.”

 

“How—”

 

Before Jessica could finish her words, the room’s bell was ringing. I got off of the bed, walking towards the door and twirling the door knob to open it. I thought it was Yoona, but I realized Yoona’s hair color wasn’t red. What a surprise in the morning, Hara popped out in the hotel where I stayed in. So she knew.

 

I pulled the door wider to see the guest in front of me who was tapping her foot and crossing her arms. Cocky enough.

 

“Good morning, Hara. Can I help y—”

 

I didn’t able to finish my words because I immediately felt her palm landed on my cheek, hard. It was painful. Hara just slapped me.

 

But I knew this thing will be happened. I knew she will blame me, just like what I said in the church. Ah, to be me.

 

“What were you doing to Jessica!? I know you told her to be a rebel, right? Do you know how embarrassed I was in the church? And it was happened because of you, !”

 

“I-I’m sorry. But—”

 

“I don’t need your reason because I knew someone was behind all of this. And it’s you!” Hara’s face redden. She was so mad at me and I wasn't surprised. I was just surprised that she came this early in the morning and spilled her anger when my brain hadn’t functioned well. “Lucky I didn’t tell everyone in the church yesterday that we have a third party in our relationship.”

 

Her words were so sharp as hell, but I knew I was lucky she didn’t do what she just said or it will be so embarrassing and more complicated when the whole Jung were there, in the same room as me. I think I would be killed by an assassin that the Jung hired to kill me, probably.

 

I lowered my head as I keep caressing my cheek where Hara slapped me at. I didn’t know what to say anymore to Hara because I know I was the one who make this complicated. That was the time where I wish I didn’t meet Jessica in the first place, so I wouldn’t be involved in this stupid drama and lived happily ever after. Yes, that stupid wish again.

 

“What should I do to get rid of you from our lifes, Tiffany Hwang? Why wouldn’t you just leave us alone and let us be happy?”

 

I silently chuckled. Happy? Are you serious? You are like a psychopath and you are expecting Jessica will be happy with you?

 

“I know you are jealous,” Hara added.

 

“Are you serious? Why should I be jealous to you?”

 

“Because I’m the one who finally get Jessica. I know you still love my future-wife.”

 

“You were the one who said that, not me.”

 

“I will get rid of you, Tiffany. Just w—”

 

“Stop it!” And finally Jessica came out. I can see Hara smirked seeing Jessica, looks like she had expecting that Jessica will be in the hotel where I stayed in. “What do you want, Hara?”

 

“What I want? Of course marrying you, but this ruined us.”

 

“Stop calling Tiffany a and she isn’t ruining anyone.”

 

“Of course she is! Why are you defending her and not me? I’m your future-wife, Jessica!”

 

“You are not.”

 

I placed my face on my palms, feeling tired hearing this . My life had became a drama. Yes it was and it . Jessica looked mad, so did Hara. I couldn’t do anything but listening to them fighting. What they were fighting of was their problem and nothing to do with me, so I think I will keep listening to them until they were tired of it.

 

Until Jessica said something that made my ears perked up completely.

 

“I ask you once again, what do you want?”

 

“Make you to be my spouse! How many times do I have to tell you that?”

 

“If I marry you, will you stop hurting Tiffany and gone from her life?”

 

“Of course I will.”

 

Seriously, Jessica? You must be kidding me, right?

 

Jessica looked at me one more time before pushing Hara out of the room and told her that she will be back in a minute. Jessica went back to the room and walked out again with her jacket slung on her shoulder, her phone in the hand.

 

She stepped out of my room, looking at me for the last time before walked away with Hara.

 

“I’m going to marry her. Now you get what you want, right Tiffany?”

 

And she walked away from me for real.

 

Or she walked away from my life for real this time.

 

There will be no turning back again. God gave me a second chance to have her back into my embrace, but I threw it away. Every steps that Jessica took, I can feel my heart was going to stop beating. She slowly walked away until I found she disappeared from my sight, with Hara beside her.

 

And I slid down to the ground, pulling my hair hardly because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't so stupid for letting Jessica go that easily when she worked hard to get me back. But I was. I was stupid, so freaking stupid. So this was how it felt when you said something before thinking. Yesterday, I was thinking that letting Jessica married with Hara was the best idea, but now, I was thinking once again that it was the biggest fault that I made.

 

Don’t do something that you will regret it.

 

I just did.

 

*

 

“You did what!?” Taeyeon screamed as she pulled her face away from the faucet where she just washed her face.

 

“You heard me, Taenggo.”

 

“A-Are you serious, Tiffany? Why the hell did you do that!?”

 

“I don’t know. I was so stupid, right?”

 

“Totally. I have no idea why I have a friend that so stupid like you.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“But you really are, Tiffany! You got second chance to get her back but you just blew it away. What should I call you besides stupid, huh?”

 

That was the very first time I saw Taeyeon really angry to me. Her voice raised, hitting the sink repeatedly with her fist. My God, now I didn’t have someone who’s on my back although I know everything was messed up because of my stupidness.

 

“Third chance won’t be there for you, Tiffany. It will not come to you again. Just letting you know.”

 

And Taeyeon left me in the bathroom.

 

What the hell was I thinking when I decided to let Jessica married with Hara? Did satan control me at that time?

 

Jessi…

 

*

 

“Unnie, what the heck?” Yoona and Yuri barged in to the bathroom when I was only having a towel wrapped around my body.

 

“Now what the heck for barging in here when I’m only in towel, Yoong and Yuri?”

 

“I don’t care about it. Tell me about you and Jessica-unnie. We just met her and she told us her freaking wedding will be held the day after tomorrow.” Yoona was panting hard, with a hand on her chest; trying to control her breath. “What the hell did you do yesterday, unnie?”

 

Wow, I never heard Yoona swore that much. Sure thing she was pissed off about all of this. I knew she will know it sooner or later, but I haven’t prepared for it.

 

“Let me finish my bath f—”

 

“No! Explain to us right now.” Yuri cut off my words.

 

I sighed, have nothing to say to them because everything went so complicated.

 

“I know what I did was very stupid, but I don’t want Jessica to be a rebel. And if I followed my ego, take Jessica away from everything and runaway to a hidden place in this world with her, I know her family will hate me to death.” Yuri and Yoona looked at me with that suspicious looks, it scared me about what they are going to say to me. “So it’s better if we keep in touch as friends.”

 

“You are so selfish, Tiffany.” Yuri rolled her eyes. “You just gave up while Jessica was trying to defend your relationship.”

 

“You guys didn’t know how confused I was. And by the way, I was protecting our relationship too.”

 

“I’m pretty sure you know Jessica more than anyone else, but you didn’t know how her parents was like. Probably you made a right choice, but you missed one thing. That actually you don’t know her parents like. You don’t know whether they will allow Jessica to cancel the wedding because Jessica doesn’t love Hara.” Yuri took a breath before continuing her sentence.

 

“Because all they know was Jessica loves Hara and they don’t know that you are exist in Jessica’s world. And they don’t know that Hara is a…is a…” She lost of a word.

 

“A crazy girl, Yul.” Yoona added.

 

“That’s right! A crazy woman.”

 

For the nth times already, I felt confused; really confused like I think I want to die. I think so hard to solve this problem, but it wasn’t. It created another problem that make me losing Jessica forever. And I chose to solve it alone, not by asking the others’ opinion about it that probably will help me get through this.

 

I was such a fool. I have friends, but I always thought that I can solve everything alone without my friends help. But I was not.

 

“You did it again, Unnie.” Yoona said it as she held Yuri’s hand tightly as she held her tears. That’s it. Yoona was going to cry because of me, I thought at that time.

 

“You promised me, right Unnie?” And they left, leaving me alone in the bathroom.

 

I’ve lost Jessica, and now I lost my friends and my sister as well.

 

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: i'm sorry for the late update T_T i was gonna update it yst but i was out of town and didn't bring my laptop :/ by the way, if you are wondering what yoong's meant about "you did it again", it was a promise when tiffany said she will tell yoona everything when she's having a hard time :] confused? just do PM me, okay :)) sorry for grammar error >< im screwed up...*passed out*

btw, i just made a twitter, let's be friends there :]