6

The First and The Last

“The food was damn good. You should invite me more often to that restaurant, Sis.” Yoona crashed into the sofa and curl her body on it.

 

“Yeah, I will.” I replied her shortly and walked towards my room.

 

Everything that happened in the restaurant still bothering me. I still remember Miss Jung’s dark blue eyes when she was staring at me; the naughty smirk that creeped in the corner of her lips sometimes; her gorgeous light brown hair, and everything about Miss Jung. The awkward conversations we had make me shudder. I can’t believe it I was so rare ask her question and make the conversation went awkward as hell. So that was my fault for bringing the conversation went awkward. My lips quiver, like it wanted to say something to myself, but it didn’t come out.

 

I was curious about what would Miss Jung say to Krystal or everyone everytime we had conversation. Was she going to bad mouthing me that I am an awkward person? And because I never ask her something about her life? But that was too personal, right? What should I do when I meet her tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the next day and everyday? Oh my god, thinking of those things make me want to vomit.

 

This is stupid.

 

I slammed the door and jumped on the king size and comfy bed. Not long ago after I curled up my body and about to sleep, Yoona knocked the door. I let her in. She was already in her yellow pajama with that flowers pattern and that huge Rilakkuma doll in her hug. I peered between my hair, Yoona was crawling toward me and placing the rilakkuma above her tummy. She closed her eyes.

 

“You are going to sleep in my room tonight?”

 

“Yeah. Am I not allowed to?”

 

“You can sleep here, but please remove that bear of my bed. It’s so huge.”

 

“No, I can’t sleep without my Kuma.”

 

“Yoong, you’re freaking eighteen.”

 

“So?”

 

I rolled my eyes and turned around, so my back faced Yoona. “Go get changed. You smelled like pasta!”

 

“I’m sleepy.”

 

Yoona pushed me until I fell. I know she would drolling if I smell like pasta.

 

“You’re going to pay it, Yoong.” I got up and lazily walked to my closet. Suddenly, I remember I had to go to work tomorrow, it make me lazier to do anything. Well, I have an accurate reason.

 

*

 

What a beautiful morning. I saw some gorgeous men in the lobby—in front of the lift to be exact; I was going to get the elevator and three handsome men were doing the same as me. They were standing behind me and talking. All of them were blonde—foreigners. Wearing a gray suit and black suitcase in their hand. One of them had a slight beard and muscular body, while the other have none—clean. They looked like often working out even though I thought they were a busy men and didn’t have time for working out. Oh, I wascreeping them through the elevator that reflected them behind me. Smart Tiffany was smart, right? No, that was creepy to be honest.

 

They got out of the elevator earlier than me, so I was all alone until I reached the floor where I was working in. What a bad time, I met the annoying guy or that Miss Jung’s brother, in elevator again. I silently snorted when I saw him getting into the elevator. I didn’t even want to look at him and looked away before my mood changed into the bad one.

 

“Oh hi, we meet again.” Damn, why did you greet me? I don’t even want to talk to you.

 

“Yeah.” I replied him as short as I could.

 

“So you aren’t the elevator girl, huh?” He chuckled. Dear god, how I wish I could push him out of the elevator to the first floor.

 

I kept silent, still having my eyes on the transparent glass on the elevator that showed me the view of our busy office. I didn’t know what he was doing, but I felt that uneasy feeling since he got in. I knew that called peeved feeling at him. Even though he was my superior, but I can’t hide this hatred. I was not goody.

 

“Well, I’m so sorry for calling you elevator girl twice, okay? I’ve heard about you from my sister.”

 

I froze hearing it. What? It means Miss Jung was ever talking about me to him!?

 

“You know Jessi—I mean Miss Jung, right?”

 

“Yeah, I know her.”

 

“She’s my sister.” Sorry, but I already know about it. You didn’t have to tell me, buddy.

 

"I know."

 

He let out a sigh; his deep voice was really like Miss Jung's. No wonder, they were Jung genes. His perfume was really good; I think Miss Jung use the same brand as him. Finally, I arrived at my floor. I left the elevator without say goodbye to Miss Jung's brother or whatever his name was, I forget. Hmph, if he didn't called me Elevator Girl in the first place, I wouldn't hate him this much. So this was not my fault if I didn't respect him.

 

"Have a nice day, Miss Hwang." I didn't look at him though, but I can feel that he was smiling when he said that. I only say, "you too, Mr. Jaejoong" and kept walking to my room. Hey, I remembered his name. Well, I know I was so mean, but it was also his fault; don’t blame me.

 

*

 

Since that annoying brother of Miss Jung said that he had ever talked about me to Miss Jung, some questions kept popping in my head. Like, what kind of conversations they had? Was Miss Jung bad mouthing me or vice versa?

 

I was curious and it bothered me since I got here—I mean, my office. I can't concentrate. Five minutes until lunch time and I was still thinking; will I meet Miss Jung today? But after I said that, I got embarrassed because suddenly I remember about what happened yesterday. Was this the effect of Miss Jung’s stare? Oh my god, take a note that I just said her name and immediately got blushed.

 

"Hi, Tiffany!" I jerked in surprise hearing Sooyoung's voice—Oh, by the way, I was already be able to call Sooyoung and friends’ by their name. Well, Taeyeon asked me to do it and the others were agreed too. As I saw her, she was already standing in front of me while placing her hands on my desk. I awkwardly looked at her, "y-yeah?"

 

"What's wrong with you? Let's get some foods!" Her tone sounded like she was so excited. No wonder, Sooyoung did that whenever it comes to food.

 

"Thanks, but no, I'm not hungry."

 

"You will die if you don't eat. Let's go, Taeyeon, Yuri and Jessica are already waiting for you."

 

I sighed and grabbed my wallet and everything I need to bring to the restaurant. But as I stood up, I realized something in Sooyoung’s words.

 

"What? Could you tell me who's the last!?"

 

"J-Jessica. I mean Miss Jung." Crap.

 

"N-no, really. I'm not hungry. Or you guys go first, I'll catch up with you guys later."

 

Sooyoung puzzled, but she nodded after it and get out of my room. I placed my palm on my face, don't dare to imagine if I'm in the same table as Miss Jung again. I won’t talk and clam up until the lunch end or we are going out from the place. No, I d—

 

"Miss Hwang." Oh god, no!

 

That voice; I was speechless, seeing Miss Jung standing in front of me with her usual outfit— t-shirt and jeans. I can’t move nor look at her in the eye. I kept my head lower, looking toward the scattered papers on my desk. The effect of Miss Jung had come and wrapped around me. I bowed at her, awkwardly.

 

"Want to grab a lunch?" She asked casually.

 

"Thank you, but I'm not hungry."

 

She only smiled towards me. Her smile was so sweet and beautiful—as always. She rested one of her hand on the top rail of the chair and the other one on her waist. Don’t do that. Please.

 

“Please?”

 

No.

 

I stayed quiet, keep staring at her eyes because I don’t want to lose. For a while, I forgot that my boss was begging to me for having lunch with her—and our friends. “Pretty please?”

 

No.

 

She walked forward, placing her hands on the table and leaning her face into mine. I swore our distance was less than thirty centimeters, making me go thump-thump; my heart beat so fast than ever and my face began to heat up. She did know how to make me gay—but no! I’m not gay! What the hell did I just say.

 

“Please, Miss Hwang?”

 

I dropped my head, burying it between my arms. Okay, I can’t reject her. She was my boss anyway. But before I say ‘yes’, her phone in the pocket rang. She slumped back on the chair and answered it without looking at the screen. It was like she was already know who the caller was.

 

“Ah okay, I’ll be there.” And she slipped the phone into her pocket again. Wow, that was a quick conversation.

 

“Well, I have a meeting in five minutes. I guess I can’t make it.”

 

I secretly sighed in relieve because she cancelled the plan to have a lunch with Sooyoung and friends. She smiled before leaving the room; her figure was walking through the door and closed it slowly. She was disappeared already. I really didn’t know what I feel. It mixed. The vibrate of my phone startled me; it was a message for Sooyoung and she asked me to join them. Really, I didn't feel like to eat, so I turned her down once again.

 

So sorry, Sooyoung.

 

*

 

Rain.

 

Yeah, that . I was just gathered my stuffs up to my satchel and suddenly the rain poured down to the city. Even though my place wasn’t really far from here, but I can’t just run through the rain. I sighed, slump down on my chair and turn it to face the transparent window that showed me the city being poured by the rain. Suddenly I remember of Yoona. She didn’t like being alone in home when it’s rain. I ever found her crying in her room because I left her to a convenience store. She was scared of thunders actually.

 

I rose from the chair and reach my satchel on the desk. I didn’t care about the rain because I was really worried of my sister. Yeah, I didn’t bring my umbrella since the rain never come for few weeks. Who knows if today will be a rainy night.

 

The lobby was quiet crowded because the employees were waiting for the rain to stop. Whereas, they can wait in the room like I did before. I sneaked between these huge body of guys and finally made my way out. Before I took my step to the wet asphalt, I can feel a hand stopped me by the shoulder. I turned my head around and see a woman with dark blue hoodie on and she was holding an umbrella. Oh my, not again.

 

It was Miss Jung. Who else?

 

“I’ll take you home.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Let’s go.” She pushed me from that bunch of employees. I think no one notice her since she wore that dark blue hoodie and her light brown hair was covered with the capuchon. She sneaked out?

 

Another awkward moment we made on our way to my home. Miss Jung still having her eyes to every shops that we passed through. She was like she never walked around in this district. I can’t help it but secretly giggling at her. The rain kept falling down; once in awhile, she squeaked because of the thunder, but after that, she walked normally again. Scared of thunder too, eh? Just like Yoona.

 

I looked at Miss Jung from the corner of my eyes that she was turning her head toward me and it got me jumped slightly.

 

“Hey, do you like rain?”

 

“Not really. Why?”

 

“Oh, nothing. Just asking.” I looked at her; her face was kinda dark because of the shades of her capuchon, but it didn’t make her beauty vanish.

 

“You like it?” I asked her back.

 

“Kind of? I never been in the rain like this, I mean, walking under an umbrella in the rain.”

 

I murmured. Her words made me a bit guilty because this was the first time she did this. Oh gosh, the rain is getting heavier.

 

“The rain is heavier. Shall we ensconce for awhile?” Miss Jung asked me. I nodded and ran to the place under the bridge. Somehow, I hate this place because I was alone whenever I passed this place and it scared me to death—especially when I went home late. This place was only have two dim lamps and sometimes I can’t see anything on the road if I didn’t irradiate it with my phone.

 

I squated, rubbing my arms to dispel this coldness on my body. My blouse was almost wet because I ran without the umbrella. Silly me.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m okay.” I had a feeling that she was staring at me after she closed that umbrella. I didn’t care but keep rubbing my arms to warm me up. This coldness was no joke.

 

“Wear this.” I looked at her who was already took off her hoodie and handed it to me.

 

“N-no, I’m okay. You are the one who should wear it.” I flushed.

 

“Just wear it. I don’t want you to get sick.”

 

“But—”

 

“Miss Hwang.” She forced me. Oh well. Just don’t blame me if you are the one who get sick, okay?

 

I grabbed the jacket and wore it as her wish. She leaned her back on the wall as she keep staring at those cars that passed us by. Slowly, her t-shirt was getting wet because of the droplets of water that flowing down from the sidelines of the walls. The wall is seeped!?

 

Actually, I had few questions to Miss Jung. I hope she doesn’t mind to answer it.

 

“Miss Jung.” She turned her head to me. “Can I ask you something?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Why weren’t you with your bodyguards when you fetch me in the lobby?”

 

“I was sneaked out.” As I thought.

 

“Why was that?”

 

“I just feel doing so.” She chuckled. That was nonsense. I think there was a reason behind that, but I was not going to ask her about it.

 

She slid down and squatted too, just like I did. I wondered what was on her mind right now; well everytime we were together, we always fell into an awkward atmosphere. I really wanted to change that, but I didn’t know how to bring a perfect conversation to her.

 

“I really like this kind of atmosphere.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“This coldness and warmth, they are mixed into one.”

 

“Warmth?”

 

“Yeah. Coldness because of the rain and warmth because I’m not alone." I'm confused. "Someone’s told me, if you feel cold when it’s raining, it’s because you are alone. And when you are not alone, you will feel a warmth on your body." That was nonsense, I swear. I didn’t understand so I just give her a 'hmm'.

 

I looked at that starting to quiver and I began to panic. I take off the jacket and place it around Miss Jung's shoulder. She insisted not to wear it, I didn't know why.

 

"How about we wear it together?" I asked her. Miss Jung looked at me with that confused look. I squatted right next to her and placed the jacket on our shoulder. Well, it was better since the jacket was quite large--at least, it covered us. I had no idea when the rain will stop since it was getting heavier and heavier. But as I realize, my distance with Miss Jung was so close—even too close. I flushed again and again, my heartbeat quickensed. When she turned her head to me, I didn’t know what I feel anymore; I jumped slightly because I was afraid she would caught me staring at her. It would be so creepy!

 

“Are you feeling cold?” I nodded doubtly. To be honest, I was not sure about that; but I definitely feel sleepy and hungry, worried about Yoona too. Suddenly, I felt her hand held mine. I blushed like mad (this is the nth times already). Sweet Lord, Miss Jung’s hand—it was so cold and soft.

 

I closed my eyes because of the sleepiness, I can't hold it anymore. I felt kinda glad that I was sleeping with Miss Jung's hand held mine. Her fingers were intertwined with mine. Was this a normal relationship between a boss with her secretary? I didn't think so. I didn’t do this when I was stuck in the rain with Gyul few months ago. But, I did feel safe with Miss Jung right now; not paying attention to this dark and cold place as long as Miss Jung with me.

 

Rain, please don't stop if I can hold this hand a bit longer.

 

*

 

"Miss Hwang!"

 

I opened my eyes when I heard that voice. It was Miss Jung's voice. My vision was blur, but I can see her dark figure in front of me. "Hey, the rain is not really hard. Shall we?"

 

"What time is it?"

 

"Nine in the evening." 2 hours already!? Oh gosh, Yoona! I stood up, cleaning up my clothes. I totally forgot about Yoona because I fell asleep. Miss Jung tuck her hoodie on and reached out for my hand after she opened the umbrella. She wanted to hold me by the hand? Again!? Oh my goodness.

 

"C'mon" I didn't know what I was thinking but I reached her hand and got out from this place. I kept my head lower, staring at our hands that intertwined together. So much things in my head right now, but I smiled. I felt something different when she hold my hand; feelings that I never feel before. I hate to admit it, but I felt... safe when she is hold me, exactly just like she did when I was sleeping.

 

Oh god, what am I thinking!?

 

We just arrived at my apartment, I hurriedly release Miss Jung's hand and searching for my key. I knew Yoona won't open the door because she doesn't even dare to step out from her room. Once I found it, I open the door and found out the room is dark.

 

"Yoong? I'm home."

 

"Unnie!!!" Yoona yelled from her room and I can hear her steps—running—towards me. She hugs me, tightly.

 

"Where were you?! I was scared because of the thunders!"

 

"Sorry, the rain was heavy and I went ensconce under the bridge." Poor Yoong, she looked so scared.

 

"Oh, good evening, Miss Jung." Yoona bowed at Miss Jung. For a few seconds, I forgot that Miss Jung still standing behind me.

 

"Please come in. Do you want to take a bath first? I'm afraid you might get sick."

 

"Oh, it's okay. My driver is already on his way to here. Perhaps he will be here in approximately five minutes. Don't worry." She smiled. Ah, that smile.

 

"I see. I will take you to the lobby then."

 

"No need, Miss Hwang."

 

"It's okay." I put my satchel on the table and grab the jacket on the hanger.

 

“Unnie, can I come with you?” I nodded. Miss Jung smiled towards Yoona who was already linked her arms around me. I wonder if Krystal does this too with Miss Jung, but I guess no. And suddenly I remember of their kiss in front of the university gate, it gave me goosebumps remembering it. I can’t even imagine if I do it with Yoong.

 

But, I kind of curious about what kind of feel that I’d get if I kiss Mi—what!? What the hell did I just wanted to say? Oh gosh... whatever, I’m tired, sleepy and hungry, so I talked nonsense. Forget it.

 

We arrived at the lobby and saw Miss Jung’s car already parked neatly outside the hotel. Wow, this time was Mercedez Benz. How many cars does she have? Just wondering.

 

“Alright, thank you for accompanying me to the lobby.”

 

“No problem, Miss Jung. I’m the one who should thank you because you took me home.”

 

“Ah, it was my fault for forced you to going home with my useless umbrella. I hope you won’t get sick.”

 

This conversation is going nowhere and wouldn’t finished if I keep reply her words.

 

“So, good night and I hope you guys have a good rest tonight.” She said as she turned around and remove the capuchon. I bet her disguise had finished. I saw a bodyguard already came out before she walked to the car. I often wondering if sometimes Miss Jung could be kidnapped with her bodyguards when she’s in the car with them. Well, it happens in dramas, right?

 

She rolled down the glass of her car and waved at us. I smiled to her as her car started to move. Her hair always attracted me. Suddenly, Yoona dragged me back to our room. I felt today was a long day. The works were much as always; the rain disturbed me when I was about to go home; Miss Jung fetch me at the lobby; we walked home together; spent two hours together under the bridge; I slept with our hands intertwined together; she just went home. I sighed.

 

Our hands intertwined together.

 

Really? I was wondering, why I let her to hold my hand? I was not used with someone hold my hands (Yoona was an exception). But I also felt happy at that time. Argh... Miss Jung, what did you do to me!?

 

I’m going to be honest here. Miss Jung always make me feel scared when I meet her; and of course I’m afraid of that awkward conversation we will have. But, I always searching for her every time I don’t see her around. I was a coward, yeah I know.

 

What is that thing? I never felt like that towards anyone.

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: hii~ sorry for the late update. It was so hard finding the mood to write xD lack of ideas too lol but I hope you like this chap :3 sorry for grammar error. and if you find this chapter confusing, don't hesitate to send me a pm and i'll explain it to you there ^__^