044.

Capturing Taemin-Oppa

 

-[A Month Later]-

“I’ll just go get something to drink.” Taemin said as he got up from the couch living the four other guys and their wives with them.

It was the night of Soojin’s birthday so all the members gathered together with their wives.

The kids were running around the house. Sooki, the eldest, was taking care of her little brother, Jingook, who was playing with Jonghyun’s twins and Key’s little son. “Jingook-ah, hold Sangbum!” She shouted as she ran to get Sangbum who was starting to climb the stairs.

The wives were chatting together, while the guys were on the other side talking about random things.

“It’s weird.” Minho said after Taemin left to the kitchen. “Hyung, don’t you ever notice something weird between Taemin and Juliette?” He patted Onew hyung who was just sitting beside him.

“What about them?” He asked. The other three looked at Taemin who entered the kitchen already.

“I’ve been noticing it these days. Whenever Juliette leaves to go somewhere… you’ll immediately see Taemin exiting few seconds after.” Minho uttered. “And you’ll notice they will go on the same direction.”

Jonghyun looked at the girls’ area, “Oh? Yeah. I heard Juliette excused herself to get some fruits on the kitchen.” He uttered. “Both of them went to the kitchen.

“That happened a lot of times already, and you’ll see, when there’s Tae, then there’s Juliette as well, and vice versa. When Juliette says she wants to go home because she’s tired already, you’ll realize Taemin will bid his goodbye as well despite the fact that we’re in the middle of an interesting discussion. Taemin is not the kind to leave just like that.”

They weren’t done talking yet when Taemin came out with a bowl of fruits on his hand, followed by Juliette with a glass of water.

Choonhee frowned when Juliette sat beside her, “I thought you left for fruits? Why do you have a glass of water with you?”

Taemin and Juliette automatically looked at each other, “Oh this was supposed to be yours.” Taemin said and stood up to exchange with Juliette.

That made the four even more suspicious about the two.

,“Taeminnie…” Key uttered and they looked at Taemin straightly. “Is there something going on that we don’t know?” He asked. “Be honest. Tell everything straight to umma.” He said eyeing to Taem.

“What?” He looked at him innocently. “What’s something that Key-umma should know?” He asked completely acting like SHINee’s maknae.

“Ehem…” Jonghyun cleared his throat loud enough that the girls on the other side could hear it, too. “Taemin-ah… I heard you’re still contacting Nana-ssi of afterschool.” Jonghyun said.

“Oh really?” Key’s wife, Chae In, heard it because it was too loud. “Taemin-ah… that noona is a good catch! Finally! Our Taeminnie!” She said.

“A-aniya!” Taemin immediately defended. “I didn’t even take her phone number!” He shouted and even looked in panic to the girls.

“Eh? But I met Nana-ssi on a recording the last time. She told me she’s still in contact with you. That was… 2 days ago?” He said.

“Aniya, hyung! She’s lying!” Taemin couldn’t control the hyungs as they started to .

“Why would she lie?” Jonghyun said.

Juliette stood up, “Unnies, oppas, I forgot about studying tonight… I’ll go ahead.” She said and secretly gave a death glare on Taemin.

“Oh? I’ll go ahead as well then.” Taemin said and stood up but Juliette stopped him.

“Stay here.” She said.

Taemin scratched his head aggressively, “Aniya, Hwang Jooyoung. I’m not contacting Noona. I promise.” He said unexpectedly, making all the attention be drawn into the two of them.

As Taemin realized they were in front of the hyungs and their wives, he tried to retreat by saying, “I mean… Jonghyun-hyung.” He said.

“Gotcha.” Jonghyun snapped his fingers in the air, “Something’s going on between the two of you. We know it.” He said.

They both tried to deny it when Ji Eun stood up, “It’s fine, Jooyoungie, unnie won’t be mad.”

“Then…” Taemin smiled, went to Juliette, and wrapped his arms around her, “We’re together. It’s been a month already.” He said as he proudly announced their relationship.

Juliette nodded and wrapped her arms around him, too. They were tightly hugging each other when Minho stood up and separated the two of them.

“I’m happy for the both of you but let’s limit the skinship.” He said and stood up between the two, “I’m happy for you, my little sister.” He smiled at Juliette, “And Lee Taemin, please take care of my sister.” He said while glaring warningly to Taemin.

“Jooyoungie, you should live with unnie from now on…” Jieun said to Juliette. The younger replied with hesitation. Of course, who would want to leave her boyfriend?

“But unnie… don’t worry about me.” She said. The two of them will fight just not to be separated.

“These maknaes are somewhat hardheaded.” Soojin stood up and crossed her arms, “If they don’t want to be separated then…” She looked at the oldest kid. “Sooki-yah… you are going to live with Juliette unnie and Taemin-oppa for a while.” She said and looked back at the youngest couple.

“You’re just 18, and you’re 23. People with these ages normally are curious to a lot of things. Jooyoung is still under adolescence period so… we don’t want to risk everything. We don’t want the both of you to go through unexpected circumstances. We experienced it a lot of times already, we don’t want to repeat it anymore.” She smiled.

“Holding hands and hugs are okay.” Minho said, “But kisses, even on the cheek, are forbidden.” He said looking specifically at Taemin.

The two looked at each other and just shrugged their shoulders.