001.

Capturing Taemin-Oppa

 

“Oppa.” Taemin heard that particular voice again. He tried to ignore it and focused to the newlywed couple who were dancing at the center floor. “Hey, Taemin-oppa.” Taemin shook his shoulder when he felt someone poking him. “Taemin-oppa-oppa-oppa-opppaaa…”

“Aish! What do you want??!” Taemin turned his head to look at Juliette who was calling him from his back. It was almost a scream though Taemin tried hard to be as composed as possible. They’re in the middle of his Minho-hyung’s wedding celebration. Of course, he doesn’t want to cause any trouble, and to top it all, it’s a shame to have a fight with Minho’s sister-in-law in the middle of the party.

“Kai-oppa is cool, but of course, I like you more.” She said and gave Taemin a wink and a wide grin. Taemin shook his head and sat properly again to focus on the dancing couple. “But oppa…” Juliette poked his back for the second time so he looked at her with an irritated expression flashed on his face. “You already had the great chance to catch the garter but you didn’t. Tell me. Did you miss catching it on purpose?” She asked.

Just a while ago, it was Juliette who caught the bouquet that Jieun, Minho’s bride who is her sister, threw. She had wished for Taemin to catch it, but Kai was able to do it instead. It’s pretty fine with her because she likes Kai, too, but of course, she would always prefer Lee Taemin over anyone else.

“I thank you for figuring it out without me saying a word.” Taemin nodded and smiled sarcastically. “If you may excuse me…” He said and turned to look at the couple again, but Juliette leaned closer to him, almost whispering to his ear.

“Don’t worry, oppa.” She said and chuckled, “You’ll experience dancing on the center, too, on the day we get married.” She said.

Taemin got Goosebumps the moment Juliette’s breath touched the back of his ear. He almost shivered and immediately moved farther from her as a reflex action. “Hey! Don’t get too close!” He said.

“I’m not doing anything!” Juliette raised both her hands as if she’s being arrested by a police. “I was just saying something I want to say!” She defended.

“But you’re too close.” Taemin uttered. “Can’t you see these press people over here? With one picture, it will be the end for both of us.” He explained.

“I don’t care. It’s okay. You’re Lee Taemin, for all I know.” She shrugged her shoulder and sat back to her seat, moving it closer to Taemin so she could still hear him despite sitting properly on the back.

“I care about it. A lot.” Taemin looked at her seriously. “I don’t want scandals. Not with you, okay? You little kid.” The 23 year old SHINee maknae said with a gut.

“I’m not a kid anymore.” Juliette said to defend herself. “I’m not a minor. I’m an adult now. I can even get my own house and live alone if I am in US.” She said trying to justify what she was insisting.

“But you’re in Korea.” Taemin pointed at her with his index finger, “and that makes all your arguments invalid.”

“But-”

“Stop.” Taemin showed her his palm. “I don’t want to hear you talk again. If you’re a good girl, you’ll listen to oppa.” He said.

“Okay.” Juliette uttered and motioned her fingers as if she was zipping . Taemin looked at her and secretly released a sigh of relief.

“Minho-oppa and Jieun-unnie look really good together.” Juliette uttered after a few seconds. “They’re such perfect match.” Taemin only nodded. “I also want to have a wedding like this someday, and because I love SHINee, I wish they would sing to my wedding, too. It will be very heartwarming to hear SHINee’s voice while I walk along the aisle looking at the person I’ll marry and spend the rest of my life with…” She paused and sighed. “I felt like getting married early the moment I saw how beautiful unnie is. How about you? When do you want to-”

“Really, Hwang Jooyoung. Is this how you define shutting up?” Taemin shook his head.

“I’m sorry but I cannot really shut up, oppa.” Juliette looked at Taemin, “I just want to talk with you about anything when I’m with you. I can’t help it. I’ve dream about this for long and now that I’m here, I won’t let anything to miss.”

She was still talking when Key went to sit on an empty chair just beside Juliette. “How are you?” He asked her in such friendly way.

“I’m good, oppa.” Juliette chuckled.

“Disappointed because our Taeminnie didn’t catch the garter?” Key said straightly. “That kid is so stubborn. He doesn’t know how to have fun anymore.” Key patted Taemin’s shoulder, “Hey, where did the playful kid go? If you just open up yourself. I’m sure, you and Juliette will be a lot closer.”

“I’m fine, hyung.” Taemin answered without even looking at the two. “It’s fine if we’re not close. If she’s like this when we’re still not considered as friends… how chaotic can she even be when we become pretty close?” He uttered.

“Nonsense.” Key said and just focus into talking with Juliette.

“When are you going back to California?” Key asked her. “You’ve been here for long already. You should go back there to study.”

Juliette smiled at him and shook her head, “I won’t go back there anymore. I told mom I’m staying here for good and she agreed.” She told him the good news.

“That’s good then!!” Key said and clapped his hands excitedly. “I’m glad we’re really going to be with you for long. Sangbum will have his regular playmate now!” Key’s son likes Juliette a lot for they play together every time they meet.

Meanwhile, Taemin gave a horrible look to the two of them. “Y-You mean… y-you’re staying here… fo-forever?!” He said and immediately saw his whole world crashing down in front of him.


// We are going to change the title for the last time and stick to this for good. Before posting the 2nd chapter.... the story title will be changed to:

"CAPTURING TAEMIN-OPPA"