Forgiving You

10 Things I Hate About You

 

After that disastrous night, Sehun has been ignoring you ever since. No matter how hard you tried to talk to him, he wouldn’t respond or worse, he would just walk away. It hurt you to see your best friend acting that way to you.

The bell rang, signaling the start of a new period. You took the opportunity and walked over to Sehun’s desk where he was scribbling on his empty notebook. You came from behind him and quietly stood behind his chair.

“Sehun-ah,” you poked his shoulder. Sehun looked up at you and glared, then looked back at his notebook.

You sighed, “Sehun-ah, are you really doing this?”

As expected, no response. You sighed once again and trudged back to your desk as the teacher started the lesson. You rested your chin on your hand and blew on your fringe. *It’s going to be a long day.*

---

It was lunch period and you were taking out your books for the next lesson. You heard a group of girls whispering around you.

“Aish, that girl. She dances with our Luhan when actually her date is that Sehun guy. What a sl-“

You slammed your locker shut and stormed over to the girl who talked dirt about you. She had a red bob and ridiculously thick, blood red lipstick on.

“Say it to my face, I dare you.” You glared spitefully at her. The girl and her friends cackled like witches while pointing at you.

“Look at that. Acting like she’s tough and all when the first thing she did was cry when Sehun ran away from her.” She clucked her tongue.

“Jung Ahreum, stop it. Now.” A voice sneered at the girls. You looked up with round eyes as you recognized the person right away.

“Omo, Luhannie. What are you doing here?” Ahreum flirtatiously rubbed Luhan’s shoulder.

Luhan shrugged her hand off with a disgusted look, “Stop it. Don’t you have anything better to do than to torment other girls who you think are lower than you?”

Ahreum rolled her eyes, “Please, I was just stating a fact. Lee SunHee, dancing with someone else with her date watching right in front of her. She’s a !”

SMACK!

Ahreum looked up with a baffled look, her right hand cupping her right cheek that was stinging in pain. You looked at Luhan in shock.

“I don’t hit girls but Ahreum, you just crossed the line by talking about someone I care about.” Luhan fumed.

You pondered on his words. *He cares about me…*

“Go, before your friends feel the pain you’re feeling now.” Luhan spat. Ahreum and her friends scrambled away.

Luhan turned to go but you held on to his wrist. He looked at you and raised his eyebrow. “What is it?”

“Why did you hit her?” your voice trembled.

“I couldn’t control it anymore. Do you know how many people have been talking about you behind your back? Tons. And I can’t let that happen again.” Luhan sighed desperately. Your heart pounded loudly against your ribs and your cheeks burned. You looked down.

“Go,” Luhan whispered. You looked at Luhan questioningly.

“Go talk to him. He’s at the garden outside.” Luhan whispered into your ear and walked away.

*Should I?* you thought and sighed.

----

Your hands grew clammy as you made your way towards the garden behind school. You saw a figure resting under a shady tree and immediately knew it was Sehun. *There he is. Okay, breathe in, SunHee.*

“H-Hey Sehun..” you slowly approached him. You noticed that his eyes were closed but knew he acknowledged your presence.

You sighed but sat beside him anyways. 

"Listen, Sehun, I know what I did was unforgivable but-" 

"Why did you do that?" Sehun said quietly, cutting you off. 

"W-What?" you gulped. 

"I asked, why did you do such a stupid thing?" Sehun snapped. You flinched. Never in your life had you seen your best friend irritated by you before. 

"I didn't have a choice, Sehun." you muttered. You thought back about your deal with Luhan. 

"What do you mean you didn't have a choice? If you didn't have a choice, why did you say yes to me in the first place?!" Sehun said angrily. 

"Sehun, just hear me out for once!" you pleaded. You were on the verge of crying but you held it in. You took a deep breath, "I made a deal with Luhan." 

You spilled everything to Sehun. Sure, he interrupted you once in a while but he listened anyways. 

"Yes, so that's why." you looked in his eyes. You grabbed his hands tightly, "Sehun, I don't want you, my best friend who I love and care so much about, to ignore me. You've been there for me for such a long time and I can't bear to carry on without you." 

You choked on a sob, "You're important to me, Sehunnie. And I can't bear to lose you. Please, forgive me." 

Sehun softened. *SunHee, you babo. I've forgiven you a long time ago. I'd be crazy if I didn't forgive you.* 

Sehun enveloped you in his arms and hugged you tightly. You immediately hugged him back, grateful that Sehun's by your side once again. 

"I'll never ever leave your side. I love you, sunshine." 

"And I love you too, Sehunnie." 

Little did you know, a jealous figure was bitterly smiling at the sight of his friend whom he treats like a younger brother and the girl he might possibly be in love with, hugging. 

*It's great that Sehun forgived her. But why do I regret telling her to apologize to him first?* Luhan bitterly chuckled and walked away from the sight. 

----------------------

A short chapter because i'm updating this from my phone xD hope you guys wait for me! Until the next chapter! ^.^ 

Oh and please participate in this poll! ^.^