Memories

10 Things I Hate About You

It was a cold Saturday evening and like every weekend, students would visit their relatives and come back the following Monday. 

You faced the mirror and let out a shaky sigh. You were already dressed up to visit your parents for the first time in two years. You had stopped visiting them ever since you started your junior year since you were too caught up in school and because they'd rather Luhan visit them. 

You were wearing a dark red dress that stopped just above your knees. You hated but knew how much your parents would love to see you in girl clothing unlike your usual t-shirt and jeans. You looked down and smiled in content at your converse shoes. *At least I have something I like on me.* 

A soft rap came on your door and Sehun's head poked in, "You ready, sunshine? Your dad's chauffeur is here." 

You frowned. That was another thing you were tired of. Your parents' wealth. Not only did your parents own a two-storey house, they had the riches. 

You nodded and grabbed your purse, making your way out of your room. Sehun smiled at you, "You look beautiful, sunshine!" 

"Thanks," You blushed. You looked at what he was wearing and nodded approvingly, "You don't look bad yourself."

Sehun's ears reddened. He held out his arm and you took it, walking to the gates of the school. You looked back at the school. *I bet Luhan's having a great time with Aeri.* 

--- 

The ride to your parents' house was silent. You played with the hem of your dress and looked out at the starless sky. You sighed. 

Sehun heard your sigh and scooted closer to you. He placed his hand above yours and smiled at you. "What's on your mind, sunshine?" 

Your cheeks pinked as you stared at your hand that was held tightly in Sehun's. You looked at him and shook your head, "Just nervous. Haven't seen them in two years. I bet they forgot how I looked like." 

Sehun comfortingly squeezed your hand, "Don't say that. You look just like your mother, only younger." 

You chuckled and gently leaned your head on to Sehun's shoulder. He froze. *Why am I acting like this?! She's my best friend!* 

"You're always here to make me feel better, Sehun. I don't even know why you call me 'sunshine' when i'm always sad and gloomy." You frowned. 

Sehun leaned on to your head, "It's because you're the sunshine of my life. You always brighten up my day." 

You sadly smiled. *I'm a horrible person. Sehun's right beside me, pouring all his feelings out yet, I can't accept it.* 

The car pulled up infront of a huge house that had a garden at the front. Your eyes widened. *This isn't how I remembered the house to be!* But then again, many things could've changed in a span of two years. 

You and Sehun walked towards the front door, hand in hand. Well, you were the one clinging on to Sehun. Hesitating, you knocked on the front door. 

"Oh! They're here!" a motherly voice came from behind the door. You heard a flurry of footsteps and the next thing you know, standing infront of you was a beautiful woman who looked no older than the age 40. 

"Omo! My daughter! You're finally here!" Your mother hugged you tightly. A feeling of love filled your whole body and you smiled, hugging her back willingly. 

"Good evening, omonim!" Sehun bowed, a big smile on his face. 

"Hello, Sehun-ah! You look dashing tonight!" Mrs Lee smiled and invited the two of you in. She looked you up and down, "My SunHee looks gorgeous tonight!" 

You smiled back, "Thanks, umma." 

"Is that my little princess?!" a voice boomed from the second floor. Your father smiled brightly when he saw you. He rushed down the stairs and enveloped you in a tight hug. 

"Yeobo, I don't think she can breathe." Mrs Lee giggled as your face turned purple. Sehun held in his laughter. 

After the warm welcome, everyone gathered at the dining table. 

"Wah, omonim! The food looks delicious!" Sehun exclaimed as he drooled over the food your mother had cooked. All of you dug in, savoring the tastes. 

As all of you were talking and laughing about random topics, Mrs Lee suddenly asked, "Oh yes! Where's Luhan?" 

You stopped laughing at your father's joke and looked away. Sehun noticed your change in expression, "Oh, um, he's busy with school work right now. That's why he can't make it." 

"Look at that, yeobo. Luhan's studying so well!" your mother cooed. 

Mr Lee nodded, "It's a shame he couldn't come." 

You looked down at your half eaten food and excused yourself from the table as your parents gushed over how Luhan would succeed as the school valedictorian.

You went up the stairs and down the hallway, stopping in front of a familiar door. You read the door sign and chuckled softly.

SunHee's Room. Boys Keep Out.

You twisted the doorknob, engulfed in the smell of vanilla. *Guess that vanilla air refreshener is still working.* You looked around, smiling at your bright pink room. You had always loved pink when you were in middle school. You sat down on your bed and leaned back, falling on to the soft mattress. *Nothing changed since I left for SM Academy.* You turned around and saw a familiar picture in a frame. You picked it up and a feeling a nostalgia washed over you. 

In the picture were three sophomores in the SM Academy uniform by the bay of the Han River. Sehun, you and Luhan with you in the middle. *I remember putting it here on my last visit to my parents.* Sehun and you were holding up the "V" sign while smiling brightly, your pink braces on show. However, Luhan was looking at you while smiling with an expression you couldn't make out. 

Your eyebrows furrowed. *What does he think he's doing, smiling like a creeper at me.* A flashback flooded your mind. 

"Hyung, hurry up!" Sehun ran up to you with Luhan walking briskly behind him. 

"Oppas! Hurry up! The weather's so nice and I don't want this chance to go to waste!" You jumped up and down, your pink bag jumping along with you.

When Luhan and Sehun arrived next to you, you looked around for a passerby to take a picture of the three of you. "Excuse me! Anyone? Excuse me!" 

Luhan chuckled as you ran all over the place to find someone to take a picture with the keychains on your bag swinging around. *She's so cute.* Finally, a tourist had agreed to take a picture of the three of you. 

"Ready, oppas?" You held out the 'V' sign. Sehun nodded and followed your pose. 

"Yah, Sehun oppa! That's my pose! Don't copy me!" You angrily pouted. 

"Shirreo! I'll do it if I want to!" Sehun continued posing like that anyways. 

Luhan smiled at the two of you. He looked at your smiling face and grinned too. *I'll smile as long as she does.* 

SNAP! 

You sighed at the memory. *I wonder why I stopped calling them 'oppa'. Is it because of that day?* You sighed once again. It pained you to remember about that day until today. You got off your bed and walked over to your vanity stand. Your eyes fell on a cute pink box. You opened it and gasped. The familiar shiny pink braces were still kept inside that box. You sadly sighed as you remembered the cause of why you stopped wearing braces. *I didn't want to see these ever again, that's why I placed it here and not the dorm.* 

Your tears fell as you shut your dorm room, Sehun calling out your name and banging the door. 

"SunHee-ah! Open up! Please!" 

You angrily faced your mirror as tears streamed down your face. "I've had enough of it." 

You whipped out your phone and punched in your dentist's number. 

"Yeoboseyo? Yes, i'd like to remove my braces. Tomorrow? Great. Thank you. Have a nice day too." You threw your phone on to your bed as you smirked at yourself in the mirror. 

"I'll show you, Luhan. I'll show you now that i'm no longer a brace face." 

You shook your head to discard the flashback. You quickly put your braces back into the box where it belonged. 

"SunHee-ah! Where are you? Are you in your room?" Your mother called out from the dining room. 

"I'll be right down!" You shouted back. 

You went out of your room and went down the stairs where your father and Sehun were watching television. 

"SunHee? Follow me out to the garden, will you?" Your mother smiled and held out her hand. You took her hand and she led you out to the garden. Lights were lit up and the flowers were beautifully planted. 

Your mother placed her arm on your shoulder, "SunHee? Are you alright? You just excused yourself from dinner and didn't come back down." 

You sighed, "It's nothing, umma. I just wanted to see my old room." 

"Ah, I see." Your mother nodded. She looked at you, "Sehun told me about how you felt about your father and I talking about Luhan." 

*That big mouth.* You cursed inside your head. You sighed and looked down, "It's true. I was jealous." 

"What for, SunHee? You know you're our daughter and we will always love you." Your mother rubbed your arm. 

"It's just that Luhan is way more cleverer than me. He's gets all the love and I get nothing." You muttered. 

"That's not true, SunHee. Your father and I love you very much. It's just that we always wanted a son and Luhan always acted like the perfect son. But you will always be my and appa's little princess, okay?" You mother assured. 

You nodded. *At least my parents love me just as much.* 

"Now, will you visit umma and appa again? We missed you so much." Your mother smiled warmly. You nodded and grinned, "Of course! I miss your cooking so much." 

Before your mother could say something, Sehun came out to the garden. "Am I interrupting something?" 

"Oh nothing. Just some mother-daughter girl talk." Your mother winked. 

"Anyways, it's already 9 and the campus gates closes at 10 if we want to go back. Unless you want to stay here, SunHee." Sehun said. 

You looked at your mother. She smiled, "Anything you want, darling. You can always come and visit again." 

You thought for a while and looked up at her, "I'll stay. It's been a while since I slept in my old room." You gave Sehun and apologetic look, "Sorry, Sehun." 

"It's okay! I'll just go back myself. Have a goodnight, sunshine!" Sehun gave an eyesmile. 

"Oh! Let my husband's chauffeur drive you home, Sehun-ah!" Your mother went back into the house. 

You smiled in content as you looked out into the garden. Sehun went to stand beside you, "Had a good time?" 

"I doubted them. They still love me, or their 'little princess'," You air-quoted and chuckled.

Sehun slung an arm over your shoulders, "It's good that you feel better. So I'll see you on Monday morning?" 

You nodded and kissed his cheek, "Thanks for accompanying me tonight, Sehun." 

Sehun's cheeks reddened, "O-Of course! Why wouldn't I accompany you?" 

You smiled and waved at him as the chauffeur waited for him. "Bye, Sehun!" 

Sehun waved back, stumbling towards the car. His mind was in a daze. *I should really accompany her to her parents more often.* 


So how was this chapter, guys? 

A bunch of you asked for more SunHee + Sehun moments so here you go! ^^ 

Don't forget to comment, subscribe or even click that arrow next to the title if you want this story to get featured! ;u; 

Until the next chapter! Ppyong!~