Entry 5 | You

10 Things I Hate About You

Entry 5

I hate how he's always always choosing the wrong girl.

---

It was another day at school and things went normally. Well, too normally. 

Every time you passed by Luhan, your heart would unexpectedly jump but you would just remind yourself of how much you despised him. As much as you hated it, you couldn't stop your heart from reacting like that. 

Sehun tried as much as he could to get you away from Luhan, preventing you from getting heartbroken. Ever since that day, he had been extra alert. 

It was chemistry period and as normal, you and Sehun were seated behind doing your own stuff rather than listening to your teacher. 

You were about to doze off in class when your teacher, Mr Jang, cleared his throat and asked for everyone to pay attention. 

"All right, students. I need all of you to listen to me as this is a very important topic we're going to discuss," Mr Jang knocked his ruler on to the desk. Once everyone quietened down, Mr Jang continued, "Since your Finals are just around the corner, all of you might be busy studying for a whole lot of subjects." A few students groaned. 

"So, to make your studying less complicated, the science department has discussed about something that would definitely bring all your grades up." Mr Jang smiled broadly, "All of you will be assigned to a pair project." 

You looked up in surprise. *Pair project?* 

While the class was getting excited and already started planning on who to pair up with, Mr Jang stopped all of them. 

"BUT! There is something else. Since our class has thirty students, we will be combining this project with the other senior class, which makes us altogether sixty students doing the project. You will not be paired with your homeroom classmate, but you will be paired up with a student from the next class." Mr Jang explained. "Also, this project contains twenty-five percent of your finals. So do it well." More students groaned. 

You pouted. *Oh no. A project with Luhan's class. Worst idea ever.* 

Mr Jang held out a list, "I already have the list of pairs here. I will read it out to you now." 

You gulped. *Already?!* 

Sehun nudged you, "Sunshine, are you okay? Your face is purple!" 

You shook your head and inhaled heavily. "It's nothing, I was just... meditating."

Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Meditating requires you to hold your breath until you turn purple?" 

You nodded, "Pretty much." 

Sehun shook his head with a smile. *Silly sunshine.* 

"All right, class! I've sorted out the list and i'll read it to you." Mr Jand cleared his throat. "The first pair will be Sehun and Luhan." 

Sehun brightened, "I get to be paired up with hyung!" 

You smiled at him. A part of you was relieved yet disappointed. What if you ended up with a disgusting, acne-covered workaholic that wouldn't give you any space or a lazy jerk, that's worse than Luhan, who would just lounge on the couch all day while you do the project alone?

You sighed. *Think positive, SunHee.* Mr Jang went on and on. Your hands grew clammy as you waited for your name to be called. 

Finally, Mr Jang was at the bottom of the list. 

"And last but not least," Mr Jang looked at you and smiled. "Lee SunHee, you will be paired up with the new student, Kim Aeri. I hope you will take care of her since she's a new student."  

Your eyes widened. *WHAT?! KIM FREAKING AERI?! OH DEAR GOD, ANYTHING WILL BE BETTER THAN THE FEMALE VERSION OF LUHAN!* Again, you stopped breathing. You couldn't take it all in. Mr Jang continued to talk about the criterias of the project and how the class was supposed to think of a strategy to make the experiment worth of an A plus.

Luckily, you were saved by the bell. You quickly gathered your books and rushed out of the classroom. 

"SunHee-ah! Wait for me!" Sehun shrieked. You stopped and turned back to see Sehun catching up with you. 

"Yah, what's wrong with you?" Sehun panted. You just shook your head. "Nothing." 

The two of you strolled to the cafeteria where the it was filled with students. Luckily, you spotted an empty table fit for four people. You walked over to the table and placed your books down, sighing. 

"What's with the sigh, sunshine? You look bothered." Sehun sat beside you. 

You sighed again, "It's just that.. I feel awkward working with Aeri." 

Sehun blinked, "Working with Aeri makes you feel awkward?" 

You looked at him and shook your head, "Nothing, Sehun. It's nothing. Why don't you get something to eat? I'll be here." 

Sehun raised an eyebrow and shrugged. He got up to get something to eat until he heard someone call out his name. 

"Sehun-ah!" Luhan called out. 

Sehun looked up and smiled, "Oh, Hi hyung!" 

Luhan came over, Aeri's hand in his, "Mind if we sit with the two of you?" 

Sehun looked over to the table where you were seated. You were looking out the window with your chin on your palm. You blew air into your cheeks as you boredly looked around. 

"Um, sure! Sunshine's sitting right there!" Sehun pointed to where you were sitting and turned to go. 

Aeri blinked, "Sunshine?" 

Luhan shook his head, "It's his nickname for SunHee for two years." 

Aeri harrumphed. *Why on Earth would he call her 'sunshine' when she's always so grumpy? I'm obviously the sunshine here.* 

You were playing with your fingers when two people sat infront of you. Your eyes widened when you noticed it was Luhan and Aeri. 

"W-What are you two doing here?" You asked, your body slightly leaned back as you scrutinized the two of them. 

"Sehun said we could sit here." Luhan said and slung his arm over Aeri's shoulder and she beamed. The two of them shared an Eskimo kiss. Your eye twitched at the public display of affection. *Of all places, they do it here.*

Sehun came back and he noticed you glaring at the couple. Your hands would turn into fists every time you heard Aeri's laugh. Sehun shook his head. 

After everyone got their food, Sehun started the topic. 

"So, hyung, did your teacher tell you about the chemistry project?" Sehun asked as he bit into a kimbap. 

Luhan nodded, "Yes, she did! It's great that our partners are among this table!" 

You and Aeri looked at each other. Aeri slightly raised her eyebrows at you while you inwardly scoffed. The two of you thought the same thing. *Great, my .* 

"So, oppa, when are you going to do the project?" Aeri asked as she cutely smiled at Luhan. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. Did she have to do aegyo every time she talked? Jeez. 

"Maybe tonight since Sehun and I share a room." Luhan sipped his water. Aeri nodded as she puffed air into her cheeks. She looked at you, "What about you, SunHee? When do you want to do the project." 

Different from her usual tone of voice, this tone of voice wasn't so cutesy and high pitched. No no, this tone was way different. 

"Tonight?" You casually shrugged. 

"Aww, tonight? I thought of hanging out at Luhan oppa's room." Aeri pouted. 

You glared at her. *Well too bad since your Luhan oppa is doing a project, you whiny pig.* 

Luhan gently patted her head, "Maybe next time, Aeri. This project is important. You should do the project with SunHee and maybe spend the night." 

You almost choked on your saliva. *SPEND THE NIGHT!? NO! I DON'T WANT TO BE MURDERED IN MY SLEEP!* 

"Okay! After all, my room is all the way at the end of the hall." Aeri batted her eyelashes. She looked at you with a vicious look in her eyes. "This will be the bestest sleepover ever, don't you think, sunshine?" 

Your eyebrows furrowed and gulped. *Bestest sleepover, alright. Might as well be the last sleepover I'll ever have.* 

--- 

School ended and it was already half past six. The four of you had already dispersed and Aeri told you she would come by around seven, with her blanket and all. You had told her she could take the bed while you sleep on the couch but she said she wouldn't want germs.

You stormed back into your room and huffed. *How dare that pig says I have germs?! She's the one that has germs because she just brushes herself against Luhan all day.* 

You looked around your room and sighed. *Soon, this room will be contaminated with Aeri germs.*

--- 

At 7pm sharp, a knock came on your door. You were already in comfortable clothes with fluffy slippers. You opened the door, revealing Aeri in a cropped top and shimmering tights with heels. The cropped top slightly showed off her lean midriff You raised an eyebrow. *What the heck? She looks like she's going to a club.* 

"Change of plans. I'm not spending the night here. I'm going to the new club with some friends who are here from the States." Aeri strode in. 

"Come in." You muttered. *Figures. Who would wear that just for a project?* 

Aeri turned around and looked at you. "Well? Aren't we going to start? I have to be at the gates by nine." 

You sighed and went to the table. Aeri sat on the seat next to you while you sorted out the papers. The two of you started the project with researching on your laptop. Well, mostly you did the work. Aeri had been texting her friends, telling them she would be out soon. 

The project was near to the end when Aeri got a call. You inwardly groaned. *Not again.* 

"Hello? Hi, darling! Yes, I will be out soon. Just give me a few minutes. I'm hanging up! Okay, I'll see you soon! Love you!" Aeri giggled with her friend. 

You cleared your throat. Aeri looked at you and shrugged, "What? Never had a friend from overseas?" 

You rolled your eyes, "So for the conclusion of the experiment, we will have to-" 

"I want you to stay away from Luhan oppa."

You stopped explaining and looked at Aeri incredulously, "What?" 

"You heard me, Lee SunHee. Stay away from my boyfriend." Aeri emphasized each word. She looked at you in the eyes, "I know what's going on. You may not know it but Luhan told me everything. From beginning of school during freshman year, till now. Everything. He even told me that a particular brace face confessed to him. Isn't that right?" 

Your eyes widened. A part of you was confused but a part of you was furious. How could Luhan expose everything? Even your embarrassing past. 

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." You shook your head. 

"Oh please," Aeri snapped. "It's so obvious that you once had a crush on Luhan oppa and it's pretty obvious that you still do." 

You were shocked to silence. *He really did tell it all.* 

"I'll tell you what. Do one simple thing and I'll stay away from you. Unless you do it, I won't bug you anymore. You can play sunshine with your best friend and I'll just be happy with Luhan oppa." Aeri shrugged. 

"Except that I was already trying to keep away from him." You muttered. 

"Still," Aeri narrowed her eyes, "I'll tell you the truth, Lee SunHee. Before I finally persuaded Luhan oppa to be with me, he was totally head over heels for you. You can't see that? That's what he said. So I definitely can't let someone precious like him go to waste. It didn't take long for me to finally get him. All I did was tell him how much of a better girlfriend I could be." 

Your jaw slightly dropped. *Luhan... actually liked me?* 

"So now that he's 100% over you, how about you get over him too?" Aeri smoothly gathered her things and stood up. She flashed you a smile before she sashayed out of your room. 

You looked at your project that just required the final touch. *I can't believe it.* 


DON'T YOU GUYS FEEL LIKE YOU JUST WANNA KILL THE CRAP OUT OF AERI? >:O I WAS LITERALLY PUNCHING THE KEYBOARD, IMAGINING AERI IN REAL LIFE UGH STUCK UPPPP. 

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter! Subscribe and comment! 

Until the next chapter, ppyong!~