Entry 10 | You & Luhan

10 Things I Hate About You

Entry 10

I hate how we're crazy in love with each other.

---

It was a hot Saturday when you and your friends decided to spend the morning cycling by the beach. It was supposed to be a girls' day out when Luhan had decided to tag along but of course, your friends didn't mind at all. Being the immature 20-year-old, he whined to get a couple bicycle instead of having seperate ones. None of your friends found his whining irritating besides you but instead, envied you for having such an adorable guy friend next to you all the time. In the end, you got the couple bike and rode it with Luhan, mentally cursing him on the way. 

After an hour of non-stop cycling, you forced Luhan and your friends to have a water break because obviously you got tired of cycling for a whole hour. 

"So, do you guys want to grab a bite after this? I saw a beautiful restaurant that we passed by when we were cycling. I wanted to tell you guys but Sophie and Luhan were just too far ahead." Tiffany chuckled sheepishly. You sighed and glared at Luhan who was just innocently wiping of your sweat that was dripping off your forehead. 

"Why not? I mean it's not like-" 

"Actually, Sophie and I have plans after this. Sorry, guys." Luhan innocently smiled. Your eyes widened and you glared at him. Luhan winked at you. 

"Oh, no! It's fine! The girls and I will eat at the restaurant. Take care, you two!" Tiffany winked at you and you blushed. 

---

"Luhan, seriously, where are you taking me?" You whined as Luhan dragged you towards a restaurant that he told you was "the best". "Luhan if it's the best, why aren't you letting me see it? Don't tell me there are gangsters here because if there is, I'll go karate on you!" 

Luhan just chuckled, "SunHee, you know that won't be possible. Have you thought of who actually got the black belt?" 

"You." You muttered sourly and crossed your arms while walking. You hated that fact that Luhan infact got the black belt in karate. When he was 10. Embarrassing, yes. 

"Alright, we're almost there, SunHee. Okay in the count of three, you may open your eyes. One, Two.. Three!" 

You opened your eyes and gasped. It was the restaurant you've been wanting to go to since your first few weeks here at the US. It only served exotic food, food that you've never tried in your whole life. Not even in Korea. You started to grow excited but at the same time nervous because you were about to try eating exotic foods such as creatures that aren't even dead yet. 

Luhan greeted the manager of the restaurant and then entered with such ease, which surprised you because it was impossible to get a place to sit as it has always been so packed with people. 

"So, pick what you want, snowflake, and you'll be trying your first ever exotic food. Am I right?" Luhan looked at you from over his menu with a playful smirk. You blushed, "S-Stop." You looked up at him, "How did you get it so easily? My friends told me that this place was always packed. And you seemed so close with the manager." 

Luhan smirked, "I have connections, my dear SunHee. And partly because I actually made reservations three days earlier." 

*Three days earlier?! What is this idiot planning?* You narrowed your eyes at Luhan who was seemingly engrossed in the manu. You scanned through the menu. Everything seemed so.. good. Even though majority of the food on the menu wasn't cooked but that was the point, right? 

You placed the menu down, "I think I'll just have the Squid with Soy Sauce." *It seems perfectly normal, right? Squid and soy sauce? Nothing.. squeamish, right?* 

Luhan looked surprised, "Are you sure? Because-" 

"Yes, I'm sure because nothing can go wrong with squid and just soy sauce!" You said in a panicky tone. You caught the attention of a few patrons who looked at you with their eyebrows raised. You hid your face in the menu, embarrassed. 

Luhan softly smiled and placed his hand above yours. His other hand took away the menu from you. "Why are you hiding that beautiful face of yours?" You looked down at your legs. Luhan chuckled, "Listen, SunHee. I know you're nervous about trying something new. But I'm very sure it will turn out just right. The food won't hurt you, SunHee. Nothing will. You can't stick to the old korean food all the time, right? You have to try other things eventually. And I promise, nothing will hurt you if you choose to try something new." 

"Wow. All that just for squid and soy sauce?" You looked at him with a sheepish smile. 

"If it makes you feel better, then why not?" Luhan gave you his killer smile that made your heart melt into a puddle. 

The feeling of content didn't really last long when your food arrived. Your eyes were as big as golf balls as the waiter put your dish onto the table. You gulped as you stared at the whole, uncooked squid that stood tall on ice shavings and sliced octopus. You could've sworn your heart skipped a beat as the squid's eyes seemed as if it was staring into your soul, even though it was dead. *OH MY GOSH, IT'S THE WHOLE THING. I CAN'T EAT THIS! WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE SOY-* 

Just as you were about to hyperventilate, the waiter gave you a squeeze bottle filled with soy sauce. You looked over at Luhan's horse meat steak and almost threw up. *Oh dear God, what did I get myself into?* 

"Uh, miss? Aren't you going to pour the soy sauce over the squid? It's what you're supposed to do, you know." The waiter who looked like he was in his teens was befuddled as to why you were just staring at your dish. Luhan tried hard not to burst into a fit of laughters when he looked at your face. Your eyes had apparently gotten bigger in size as the squid started defrosting from the ice it was covered in. 

"Excuse me, you don't mind doing the soy sauce thing for her, do you? She's just a little.. nervous." Luhan chuckled. The waiter shrugged, "If the lady doesn't mind." 

You looked up at the waiter and brightened up, instantly feeling better now that you didn't have to touch that evil squid. "Yes, please! It's my first time here so I don't exactly know what to do or where to pour the soy sauce in that case." 

The waiter folded up his sleeves and picked up the bottle, slowly drizzling soy sauce all over the standing squid. The next thing that happened almost made you fall off your seat. 

"OH MY GOD, IT'S DANCING! WH-WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING?!" You exclaimed as the squid started swinging it's tentacles all over the place. You leaned back in fear, covering your face with your petite hands. Luhan felt bad for making you scared so instead of sitting opposite you, he soon sat beside you and held your hands. You instantly squeezed his hands as you watched the waiter continue pouring the soy sauce until the squid stopped moving and eventually stopped "dancing". 

You sighed in relief as Luhan your hair while chuckling. "You did good, SunHee. Let's eat now, shall we?" Luhan returned back to his place and continued to eat while you managed to cut the squid into pieces, finally enjoying your food. *Wow, it's not so bad with this heaping amount of soy sauce. It's actually.. pretty good.* You ate with a happy tummy, glad that you had Luhan to bring you here and to comfort you while you were screaming over a dancing squid. 

You thought back at what Luhan said about trying new things. You then looked at him. *Did it possibly mean something else?* 

--- 

"Luhan, what now? I'm so tired. Can we at least have a, I don't know, five hour break?" You whined as you walked to the park. Well technically, it was Luhan dragging you. 

It was already evening and the sun was just starting to set. The sky was a mixture of pink and orange, which made the park seem a little more romantic. 

"This is our last activity for the day, SunHee, I promise. After that, you can have all the sleep you want but for now, endure it for me, okay?" Luhan gave your hand a reassuring squeeze as he led you deeper into the park. 

"Whoa.." You stared at the scene infront of you in amazement. You let go of Luhan's hand and walked forward. There was a skating rink, full of people of all ages but mostly people in their teens and youths. "This.. This is amazing." You looked back at Luhan, "You really outdid yourself today, Lu." 

Luhan shrugged, "I figured it would be so for such an important day." 

"Important day? Wha-" 

"Now come on, SunHee! You wouldn't want to waste any more time when you could skate!" Luhan hollered as he ran to the shoe booth. You shook your head with a smile, "I should be the one getting excited." 

The two of you got your shoes and sat on an empty bench just outside the rink. You were about tie up your shoelaces when Luhan got on his knees and quickly tied them for you. You chuckled, "I can tie my own laces, Luhan." 

"Yeah but shouldn't I be more romantic for my girl?" He winked as he stood up, giving you his hand. You balanced on your pair of four-wheeled skates. Luhan looked down on your skates, "It's cute how you got the child's skates." 

"Hey, it's not my fault I have small feet." You pouted and looked at your white children skates with pink laces. 

Hand in hand, Luhan and you went towards the rink. You held onto the railings for support but Luhan took them off. You frowned, "Luhan, do you want me to fall on my or something?" 

Luhan just smiled and took both your hands, skating backwards. You had no idea what he was doing because he knew you couldn't rollerskate at all. Luhan smiled at your adorability. 

"Don't let me go, okay?" You semi-chided at him. 

Luhan pulled you closer to him, so close that his lips were almost touching yours. He whispered, "Is this reassuring enough for you? Don't worry, I won't ever let you go." 

You nodded, your heart beating so fast that you thought it would come out of your system. You let Luhan guide you all around the rink, with you still holding tightly onto his leather jacket sleeves. If anyone else did the same thing as you two did, they would've already fallen but instead, someone, or maybe something, held the two of you tightly close to each other. 

You two were inseperable. 

You finally let go of Luhan, with your eyes closed. You felt the wind bring you everywhere. A smile of content came on your face. You opened your eyes, realizing that you had long let go of Luhan. Infront of you, he was skating while holding his hands out, afraid that you might fall. He had a look of concentration written all over his face. You trusted him enough to not make you fall. 

You turned around and with a mischievious smile, you skated away, finally getting the hang of wearing skates. You giggled as Luhan chased you while yelling, "Hey, get back here!" 

You laughed, feeling free for the first time in many years, high school years included. You sighed as the wind swept your hair back. 

"Gotcha." Luhan wrapped his arms around your waist. You squealed as he twirled you around in his arms. "Oh my gosh, Luhan, put me down!" 

Luhan obliged and placed you back onto the ground. He lets go of your waist and gives you a smile, a smile that every teenage boy would give his crush whenever he sees her. 

*The way her hair just sways beautifully without being combed. The way she laughs, and all her pearly whites show. The way she plays with her fingers every once in a while. The way she bites those luscious lips of hers. I love everything about her.* Luhan thought, his love for you growing every second. 

You smiled caringly as he stared at you. Your smile slowly faded as you thought of the words he said at the restaurant. 

"Listen, SunHee. I know you're nervous about trying something new. But I'm very sure it will turn out just right. The food won't hurt you, SunHee. Nothing will. You can't stick to the old korean food all the time, right? You have try other things eventually. And I promise, nothing will hurt you if you choose to try something new."

*He's right. Luhan's right. He's been right since the very beginning and I didn't even realize. I tried new food, so why can't I get a go with someone new? He's been there for me everytime, just like Sehun. Sehun makes me feel better, but everytime Luhan makes me feel better, I get something else too. I get.. butterflies. In my tummy. He makes me feel special whenever he chooses me over someone else. He makes me rethink if I do hate him or not. You're in reality, SunHee. Stop thinking about Sehun when everything you've ever dreamed of.. is right infront of you.* 

"Snowflake? Hello? Earth to SunHee?" Luhan called out your name from two feet away. You snapped out of your train of thoughts and noticed that he had somehow skated away. You looked at Luhan head to toe, making your heart skip a beat. You noticed how confused he looked. *Don't worry, I'm confused too, Luhan.* You took a deep breath. *And now, I'm going to clear the confusion away for the both of us.* 

"Oh, it." 

And with full speed, you raced towards Luhan. Luhan's eyes widened as he saw how determined you were to reach him but somehow, he got scared seeing how fast you were skating. "Er, SunHee?" 

*This is it, SunHee. I few more inches and you're his.* 

BAM! You crashed your body onto his, making him stumble back a little. You looked into Luhan's confused eyes and smirked, "I've been wanting to do this since day one, Luhan." 

You darted for his lips, crashing them together with his. Luhan's eyes widened. *Oh My God, what on Earth is happening?! SunHee, Lee SunHee, the girl I have been crushing on since sophomore year is kissing me! Someone pinch me, fast!* His eyes soon closed, *No need for pinching. This is reality. And I'm loving it.* 

As the two of you lip-locked, all thoughts ran through your minds. 10 things you hated about each other? Well, sure. But the one thing that cannot be written down on that stupid book? 

How much the two of you loved each other. 

 ♔ 

I finally feel free. Free from all the regret, free from all the pain. But most of all, free from all the memories I've left back in Korea. I have never felt so alive. Moving to the US and studying here might just be the greatest decision I've ever made. Most importantly, coming along with Luhan. He's been there for me. Since I've met him. Thank you, Sehun. For making me open my eyes and see that the one thing I've truly yearned for has been right infront of me all along. I owe you one. As for Luhan, I let him in. I let him in my life, into my heart. And forever he shall stay. I won't be so sure that we will stay together forever. But hey, might as well make the best of what we have now. 

She's mine. All mine now. I have been waiting for this day. No need for some cheesy, cliche romantic comedy. We have made one of ours already. The times we shared, along with Sehun. I definitely owe him too. Somehow, him breaking up with her made her notice me for once, or not that she hasn't. But he made her realize that I have been waiting for her. Yearning for her and fighting with Sehun for her. Now, I finally have her and I don't intend to let her go any sooner. 10 things I hate about her? Man, I wish I can change it to 10 things I love about her. About Lee SunHee. I can't promise that this relationship will be a perfect one. But who says every relationship has to be perfect? Lee SunHee and I. We can create our most imperfectly perfect relationship. Let's just hope it lasts. Lee SunHee, I promise to love you to the moon and back. 

Forever and Always, SunHan. 

 

 

 


AAAAAND, that's the end of 10 Things I Hate About You! Wait, the end sounds so sad. Maybe Finale! Yes, that. 

Thank you, all of you, for supporting me through all the ups and downs of this story. And for those who have stuck together with me since the beginning of this story, I thank all of you so much for being so patient. 

This story has grown so much on me and it's kind of a bittersweet feeling to end it. I tried to make this ending the best ending from all my other stories. From 0 subscribers, to 1126 subscribers overall! Thank you so much, it really warms my heart. 

And like almost after every update, I'll be putting, "Until the next update, ppyong!~" 

But for now, it's changed. I love you, Honeys! And do support my other fic, The Story Of Us! (click here: the story of us)

Once again, Thank You! 

Until the next story, ppyong!~