Entry 2 | Luhan

10 Things I Hate About You

Entry 2

I hate how she breaks promises and I'll forgive her no matter what.

---

It was finally the day of the Spring dance. Class was dismissed early so that everyone could get ready.

“SunHee-ah!” Sehun caught up with you. He grabbed your arm and dragged you to the side of the hectic hallways.

“Sehun, you do know how much I hate being manhandled. Best friend or not, I will kick your if you ever do that again.” You glowered at him.

Sehun shrunk under your gaze and sheepishly smiled, “Sorry, sunshine. I just have something very important to ask you. You know, just before the dance starts.” You nodded.

He inhaled deeply, “I was wondering… If you had a date for the dance? If you didn’t, would you like to go to the dance with me?”

Your jaw dropped. Sehun, your best friend, was asking you to the dance. *Am I dreaming? Is Sehun really asking me to be his date for the dance?* Then you remembered your deal with Luhan. 

"But," Luhan started, "Since i'm helping you, there's a catch." 
You groaned, "Ugh, what is it now?" 
"You go to the dance with me." Luhan smirked. 
"I knew this was one of your tactics! How stupid was I to think that following one of your plans didn't have a condition." you huffed and crossed your arms. 
Luhan chuckled, "Fine. Please go to the dance with me. I helped you. Shouldn't there at least be a reward for me?"
You sighed, "Fine. After that, we don't talk about it ever again." 

*Luhan asked me first.* You glanced at Sehun who gave you a pleading look. *But this is going to be Sehun’s first dance with a date while Luhan has girls left and right asking him to the dance.* You sighed.

“Fine, I’ll go with you to the dance.”

“Really?! Oh thank you so much, sunshine! It’s going to be the best night for the two of us, I promise!” Sehun gleefully cheered.

“Yeah, yeah.” You dismissively waved but then narrowed your eyes at him, “But we’re going as friends, right?”

“Er, yes! Of course!” Sehun grinned but he thought otherwise. He checked the time, “Well, I think we should start getting ready. See you later, sunshine!”

You realized what you had done. *What did I get myself into?*

---

You fixed the last few strands of your hair and looked at the mirror. Your hair was tied up in a bun with a small red flower stuck in it. You were wearing a dark purple flare dress that showed off your milky, slender legs that had been hidden behind pairs of worn out jeans. Sure, you wore dark colours, the complete opposite of Spring, but that’s just how you like it.

You took one final glance at the mirror and headed to the school gym. *Time to have the time of my life.* You thought bitterly. 

By the time you reached the gym, you were greeted with colourful banners and balloons. Music was blasted through the speakers.

As you walked further in, people around you started whispering.

“O-M-G, she actually came!?”

“Wow, I wonder who made the ice queen attend these kind of events where there’s lots of socializing. She doesn’t even like to talk!”

“Look at those legs! I’d kill to touch those.”

Your face scrunched up in disgust at the last comment. *I’d kill you if you come near me.* Just then, you heard a familiar voice call out to you.

“SunHee-ah!” you whirled around and saw Sehun walking towards you, looking as dashing as ever.

“Wow, look at you! You look gorgeous!” Sehun grinned. You slightly blushed, “Thanks. You don’t look bad yourself.”

“Thanks, sunshine!” Sehun smiled, making his eyes disappear. He looked up to see his friends calling him over. “I’ll be back in a minute! Wait for me!”

You were left alone as you played with the laces of your dress. You blew air into your cheeks as you waited for Sehun. *I knew it was a bad idea to agree going. What am I supposed to-*

“Talking to your best friend but not even bothering to talk to your date. Man, SunHee. You sure know how to break a guy’s heart.” A voice said from behind you. You turned around to see Luhan. *Crap!*

You hated to admit it, but he was beyond gorgeous. He was like a god.

“Like what you see?” Luhan smirked.

You snapped out of your daze and rolled your eyes, “In your dreams, jerk face.”

“Is that the way to talk to your date?” Luhan raised his eyebrows. He chuckled, “I waited for you, though.”

You felt a pang of guilt and softened. *He waited for me and I treat him like . Way to go, SunHee.*

“Anyways,” Luhan started. You looked up at him. He held out his hand with a gentle, lopsided grin, “Care to dance with me?”

“It’s not even a slow song.” You folded your arms. As if on cue, the upbeat track finished and a slow song came on. Luhan tried hard not to laugh, “You were saying?”

You looked around anxiously, hoping Sehun wouldn’t see you. You looked at Luhan’s waiting hand. *It’s the least I could do.* Giving in, you took his hand and he led you to the dance floor. 

Luhan slowly placed his arms on your hips. You slightly flinched but tried hard not to be awkward. You gently placed your hands on his shoulders. The two of you swayed from side to side to the melody of the music.

“You’re a good dancer, SunHee.” Luhan softly said. Blush crept up your cheeks, “Thanks. You’re a good dancer too.”

Unknown to the two of you, people started gossiping yet again.

“Oh my gosh! Luhan and Lee SunHee are dancing with each other!”

“Damn, it’s like a forbidden love!”

Some of Luhan’s fangirls were fuming while some were cooing at the sweet sight.

Unfortunately, the gossips had reached the other side of the gym, where Sehun was chatting with his friends.

“Sehun-ah, isn’t that your date? Why is she dancing with Luhan?” one of his friends asked. Sehun’s ears perked up at the mention of date. He turned around and true enough, you were dancing with Luhan with a smitten look on your face.

*Why is hyung with SunHee?* He quickly rushed to the other side of the gym.

Meanwhile, you and Luhan were swaying to the music in perfect synchronization. It was as if the two of you were meant for each other.

*Finally, you’re in my arms, SunHee.* Luhan looked down at you and gently smiled. You on the other hand, had many thoughts rushing through your mind.

*Why am I feeling like this? Could it be the feeling that I dreaded the most? But Luhan’s a-* a soft voice that hinted heartbreak broke your train of thoughts.

“SunHee?” Sehun called out your name softly. You turned around in shock. *!*

“What are you doing?” Sehun looked utterly confused. You felt bad, deeply.

Luhan stepped up, “Dancing with her date.”

“D-Date?” Sehun looked at you. “But I’m your date.”

Now both Luhan and Sehun were confused. You shrunk back. *This isn’t going to be good.*

“Yes, SunHee, what were you doing?” Luhan asked bitterly.

You looked up at both their faces. Sehun looked completely heartbroken while Luhan had his normal poker face on. 

“Look, Sehun. I’m so sorry. I got carried away and-“ You started.

“Forget it.” Sehun said, cutting you off and ran away.

“Sehun-ah!” You called out but it was too late. He had already ran far.

You looked at Luhan with tears in your eyes. “I’m sorry.” You whispered before running out of the gym.

*Don’t just let her go, Luhan! Go after her!* His legs reacted first. *Don’t do anything stupid, SunHee.*

---

Before you know it, you were sitting at the benches beside the water fountain that was placed between the school block and the dorm block.

You felt water droplets fall onto your dress. You thought it was water from the fountain but when you felt your wet cheeks, you thought otherwise. *I was crying all along. Damn, SunHee, you’re so stupid.*

You felt a presence sitting beside you. You didn’t even bother to look up, knowing you looked like a mess with your smudged makeup.

“You know you look uglier if you cry.” Luhan tried to make a joke. You were still sniffling away. Luhan sighed. He grabbed your shoulders to make you face him. He cupped your chin and tilted your face up.

“Hey,” Luhan softened at the sight of your tears. “Don’t cry.”

Those words only made you break out into a sob. “I-I can’t, Luhan. I-I disappointed S-Sehun.”

Luhan gently wiped away your tears with his thumbs, not caring if your smudged makeup got on his hands.

“Come here,” Luhan made your head fall onto his shoulder.

“W-What do I do, Luhan? S-Sehun’s my b-best friend. I can’t lose him.” You choked on a sob.

Luhan sighed and your hair, “Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I totally forgive you.”

You slightly smiled at Luhan’s attempt to comfort you. “Thank you so much.”

Luhan smiled, “You’re always welcome.” *Anything for you, SunHee.* 


OOOOH. Luhan and you slowly starting to fall for each other. >:D 

Okay so this was supposed to be two chapters but I shortened some parts and combined it to one ^^ Until the next chapter!