Preparing To Leave

10 Things I Hate About You

"And the vanishing hair?" 

"He put latex to cover up as bald spots." 

"Wow." You muttered as Luhan gave away the information about the prank Sehun and him pulled on you. You were packing up your clothes from your closet in the dorm. Luhan had decided to accompany you while you packed as he had finished packing himself. 

"Wait," You stopped and looked at Luhan incredulously, "Was Taehun really his brother?" 

Luhan chuckled and shook his head, "He was his cousin." 

"Damn it, Luhan." You sighed and shut your second luggage. You zipped it up and placed a lock that your parents had given you to secure all of your luggage. 

"Yup, Sehun's a genius." Luhan laid back on your bed with his hands behind his head. 

You patted your luggage and put your hands on your hips, "Well, that's all of it." 

"You sure? Because no one's going to travel halfway around the world if you leave something behind and take it for you." Luhan clicked his tongue.

You slapped Luhan's arm and blew him a raspberry, "Yes, I'm sure. Besides, I'm going to stay up tonight to gather everything before we leave tomorrow." 

Which reminded you.. 

You looked at the calendar in your phone. It was already the 29th of January. Exactly two weeks before life in your new school starts. Apparently, Luhan got accepted into a college not far from yours. When he found out, he was ecstatic. So were your parents. They even put in a lot of effort to rent a whole restaurant to celebrate the two of you going to the States to continue your studies. Since the two of you were technically starting school the same month, only that Luhan's school starts one week after yours, your parents had booked tickets for the flight on the 30th of January, which was tomorrow. But somehow, one tiny part of you wished that it was Sehun who got accepted instead. You still had wished that he had not broken up with you. You would spend every moment of your life with him. 

"Hello, Earth to SunHee?" 

You shook your head, back to reality when Luhan snapped his fingers infront of your face. You sheepishly smiled, "Sorry." 

"Thinking about him again? C'mon, Sun. You're way better than that. I thought you're independent. Heck, you're the most independent girl I've ever met in my entire life!" Luhan exaggeratedly waved his arms around. 

You chuckled, "Yeah, yeah." Yet, you sighed for the umpteenth time. "It's just so sudden, you know? Excluding freshman year, I spent my whole high school life with Sehun and he just left. How can I not be hurt?" 

Luhan went over and massaged your shoulders, "Relax, snowflake. I'm here. If you hold onto the past, you won't get any better. Stop thinking about him, you'll feel better." 

"But Luhan-" 

"But what?" Luhan gave you a look from over your shoulders, "Sehun made his decision. Screw it, even if he comes back to you, I won't let him. Think about all the tears you've wasted just for him." 

"Luhan," You shrugged his hands off, "Sehun.. He was my first time." 

"First time for? Your first kiss? That I understand-" You gave him a look. Luhan's eyes widened. "THAT first time? Damn, Sun, I.. I thought you were better than that." *I thought your first time was going to be with.. me.* 

"We were caught up, okay? I shouldn't be regretting it because it's not something I should protect. Right? I-It's not something that I should do with the right guy because there is no right guy. He's just a dude.. Just Sehun." You gulped. 

Luhan shook his head, "Well I can't stop it now. It's already done.” Luhan took your hands in his, “But promise me, snowflake, that the next guy that tries to have his way with you, must go through me first.”

You chuckled, “Okay, Luhan. I promise.” Luhan let go of your hands and you looked around. You put a finger to your lips, “Now, what did I forget?”

----

“Honey, did you forget anything?”

“No, Mom, I didn’t. I have everything I need-“

“Did you forget your undergarments, SunHee?! This trip is very important, you might be staying there for the rest of your life!”

“MOM! I have everything in my suitcases. I practically packed everything from both my room and the dorm. You do not need to worry.”

Your mother sighed and caressed the sides of your face, “I’m sorry, honey. It’s just that this might be the last time your father and I might be seeing you. I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

You gave your mother a look, “Mom, you even bought me a house there when they clearly provided dorms. Tell me why there would be anything bad happening to me when you probably set up a camera in every inch of the house.”

“Hm, that might not be such a bad idea.” Your mother jokingly inquired. You laughed along and gathered your suitcases. “Well, it’s time for me to go now, you guys. Luhan’s here with the cab.”

Your parents looked at each other and closed in on you, giving you the tightest group hug. You could hear your mother sniffling. Your parents soon let you go.

“Be safe out there, sweetie. Remember to call us once you have landed.” Your father reminded and placed an arm over your mother. You nodded and turned around, “I’ll remember.”

“Goodbye, our SunHee! Be careful and eat lots of food!” Your mother called out when you were halfway out of the house. You smiled and waved, at the same time giving an air kiss.

Once you closed the door behind you, you looked up, only to see Luhan leaning against the cab with the biggest smile he had.

“What’s with the smile, clown?” You shook your head while chuckling. Luhan shrugged and carried your suitcases to the trunk of the cab. The two of you made your way inside the taxi and sighed at the same time.

“Where to?” The cab driver asked while looking into the rearview mirror.

“Incheon Airport, please!” Luhan said and gave you a smile. You raised an eyebrow. *Weirdo.* “Why are you so happy?”

“I don’t know, I just feel like I’ve just unlocked a great achievement. You, me, travelling halfway around the globe. Feels really good to me.” Luhan smiled sweetly.

You nodded and gave him a feeble smile, “It does feel good.” You turned to face the window but sighed. *Goodbye, Sehun. I hate to admit this but I’ll miss you. *

---

You and Luhan were at Dunkin’ Donuts, waiting for your turn to board the plane. The two of you had already checked in your luggage and were just waiting for flight to be called. You were silently stirring your coffee, feeling a little bit uncomfortable with Luhan staring right at you.

You dropped your stirrer into the coffee and sighed, looking up, “Luhan, can you stop looking at me like that? It’s kind of creepy.”

Luhan chuckled, “Well get used to it because when we get married, I’m going to stare at you all day long.”

“And what makes you so sure that I’ll marry you and not a hot American?” You folded your arms and smirked. Luhan pouted and bit into his donut with a sour expression. You laughed and sipped on your coffee, not realizing that it was still very hot.

“Ow, hot!” You fanned your tongue. Luhan, instead of laughing like you expected him too, made you drink some of his iced chocolate. You instantly let out a sigh of relief. Seeing how much you enjoyed it, he switched drinks with you and let you drink his iced chocolate.

Luhan looked at you and chuckled. You stopped drinking and pouted, “What?”

Luhan reached out and swiped his thumb across your lower lip. When he pulled back, you could see some of the whipped cream on his thumb. Your cheeks grew red. *Wow, I must’ve looked like total idiot.* Your face grew warmer when Luhan the whipped cream off his thumb. He was about to say something when a tall teenage boy came to your table. He had curly brown hair with big eyes that it actually looked like it hurt to keep it open. He looked like he was working there when his uniform had a Dunkin’ Donuts logo. You read his nametag. Park Chanyeol.

“Um, a dude asked me to pass this paper to you, he said he wanted you to read it once you board the airplane or whatever. Just don’t read it now.” Chanyeol passed the paper to you and bowed then returned to work.

You looked around, “That’s weird. Who might the person be?”

“Maybe it’s some ahjusshi who wants your number.” Luhan snorted but his eyes were wary. He knew what was happening. He just didn’t want to tell you. He would’ve told you but it was the least he could do for his best friend whom he might not be seeing for the rest of his life.

You shrugged and put the letter in your pocket. You continued sipping the iced chocolate until it finishes.

“Flight to Massachusetts, USA now boarding.” You heard the intercom say.

“Let’s go, snowflake.” Luhan said and took his passport and stood up while you followed.

After you got your passports checked, you made your way to the plane. You suddenly stopped midway.

Luhan stopped beside you with a worried look, “What’s wrong, SunHee?”

You sighed and shook your head, “I’m just scared. I-I’ll be leaving everything that happened in Seoul here and I’ll be leading a new life now. I just don’t think.. I’m ready. But I want to leave Seoul so badly.”

Luhan took your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. “Don’t worry, SunHee. We’re in this together, remember? Whatever happens, you’ll always have me to turn to. I’ll be right here to catch your every fall, every tear and whatsoever. Just remember that you’re never alone. You have me.”

You felt a reassuring squeeze on your hand and looked up at Luhan. You smiled and nodded, “Yeah. I have you.” And just by that, you felt better in an instant. All of your doubts have been erased and you marched forward to the airplane with an enlightened spirit. Luhan just chuckled beside you and matched your pace. *For a small person, she walks fast.* The two of you entered the airplane with a new mindset. To create a new life, in another country. Just the two of you. No Aeri, no Sehun. Only you and Luhan. 


FREAKING FINALLY THAT I HAVE UPDATED. I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH. 

I had some personal issues here at AFF but now, I'm back! How long has it been? 2 months? 3 months? You do the math! 

But how do all of you feel now that SunHee and Luhan have left Seoul and are now on the way to USA? Some might be happy, some might be sad but let's face it, all of you feel excited for the next update, yes? 

Until the next update, ppyong!~