Saviour

10 Things I Hate About You

"Doctor, how is she?" 

*Sehun? What's he doing here? Doctor? Where am I?* You thought as you mentally furrowed your eyebrows. There were too many questions flooding your head that it hurt. A lot. There was a screeching sound in your head that made it hurt. You badly wanted to open your eyes to see but you couldn't. It was as if someone had placed weights on your eyelids to prevent it from opening. Then, you heard another voice. This time, you couldn't recognize the voice.

"She's fine. She just needs a lot of rest. She'll be good to go by Sunday morning, but keep her in bed once she's discharged. She was beaten up really bad, it was a miracle that she survived." 

"Thank you, doctor.. Is there anything else that we need to know?" 

"Not much. The medicine will wear off soon so call for me once she wakes up. I'll be going now." 

*Luhan's here too. Discharged? Wait, I'm in the hospital?* There was that screeching sound again. *Okay, I should stop asking myself questions.* Soon, the screeching sound stopped. Sure, you looked peaceful and serene on the outside but you were suffering on the inside. You wished you could've slept longer so by the time you woke up, the medicine has fully worn off. Unfortunately, you had "woken up" before the medicine wore off so you couldn't open your eyes in time. 

You heard a door closing and sighs of relief. You could feel two figures towering over you. 

"It's all my fault." You knew it was Luhan's exasperated voice. You felt wet drops fall on your arm and instantly felt bad. *Is Luhan... crying? Because I'm in a hospital bed?* You wanted to lift up your hand but decided against it. You couldn't anyways. 

"Well, I can't say that it's not, hyung." You felt a warm hand overlap yours. You knew that it was Sehun holding your hand. "But sunshine's alive. That's all that matters now." 

You wanted to cry in happiness. *Sehun always knows the right things to say.* You felt the urge to squeeze his hand but your fingers wouldn't budge. You mentally groaned in frustration. *I hope this medicine wears off soon.* 

"I feel so bad, you know? She stood up for me yet I sided that.. that cheating . Gosh, I'm such an idiot. I'm glad I broke up with her." 

*You got that right, you blockhead- WAIT, Luhan broke up with Aeri?!* You didn't know why, but you felt relieved that he broke up with Aeri. 

---

It was already dawn yet Sehun and Luhan couldn't find the rest they wanted. They were too busy worrying about one person. You. No matter how hard they tried to fall asleep, they just couldn't. They would fall asleep for only a few minutes but would wake up after that. 

"Hyung, what time is it?" Sehun yawned. His neck was getting sore from falling asleep on chair.

Luhan looked up from the window and checked his wristwatch. He turned back to the window and sighed, "5am. You should lie down and get some sleep." 

"Yeah, on what?" Sehun sighed. He laid his head on the space next to you while holding your hand. When he finally found comfort, he instantly slept. 

Luhan sadly looked out of the window with his arms crossed. From the reflection of the glass, he could see Sehun sleeping beside you while closely clutching your hand. Your eyes were closed, your chest slowly going up and back down, showing that you were sleeping. Luhan sighed, making white fog appear on the glass. He painfully shut his eyes. *I broke up with Aeri.. now what? It's not like she'll love me back just because I broke up with Aeri.* His heart ached as he recalled all the happy times he shared with you. Especially from the year the two of you met.

"Hi, I don't believe we met before." the 16-year-old Luhan held his hand out, "I'm Luhan. Sophomore." 

The 15-year-old you leaned back with raised eyebrows. You eyed Luhan's hand, "My mother told me not to hold a stranger's hand. But since you don't look the least like a ert or a ," You chuckled, showing your row of braces and held your hand out too, "I'm SunHee and I'm a sophomore too." 

 

"Why does Sehun always call you 'sunshine'?" Luhan frowned. "You two just met this year and you're already giving nicknames to each other." 

You shrugged, "He told me I brighten up his life. That cheesy guy. And no, I don't give him a nickname. It's just Sehun...oppa." 

"OPPA?! You call a guy that's merely a few months older than you 'oppa' and not me, someone who's a good one year older than you?!" Luhan dramatically threw his hands up. 

You gave him a look, "You have tons of girls to call you 'oppa' so why should you bother if I call you that too or not?" 

"Because I'd rather you call me that." Luhan nudged you and winked. 

 

"Waaa, he's so gorgeous! Oh, look! Lee Minho oppa looks so much like a bad boy! That's it, I'm in love with bad boys now." You gave a determined nod as you browsed through a magazine with Lee Minho on the cover, sporting a bad boy image. 

Luhan scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Bad boys? Since when?" 

"Since Lee Minho oppa appeared on this magazine cover." You stuck your tongue out at Luhan. 

Luhan hummed thoughtfully as he leaned back on his beanbag. "You like bad boys...." 

 

"Oppa, no matter what happens, the three of us will always be together right?" You asked Luhan as the two of you walked along the Han River while waiting for Sehun to arrive. 

"Of course. Nothing can break us apart." Luhan held out crossed fingers. "We're glued to each other." 

You placed your pinky next to his crossed fingers. "Don't forget Sehun oppa." 

Luhan chuckled and nodded, "Yes, Sehun too." 

Unknowingly, a tear slipped from Luhan's eye as he recalled the memories. It felt as if there was a heavy weight on his chest that made his breathing uneven. *It's all my fault that the three of us are not close anymore. I promised the two of you that the three of us will be together no matter what. But because of my stupid behaviour, it costed a friendship. Our friendship.* Luhan turned around and saw you and Sehun still asleep. Luhan strode over right next to your bed. He brushed aside your bangs and lovingly caressed your face that felt like a baby's skin under his fingers. Luhan sighed and whispered while clutching your free hand, "It also costed me to lose you, Lee SunHee. Now we'll never be back to normal like two years ago."

 

While Luhan was wallowing in sorrow, you heard his heartbroken voice and tried to move. Your heart, too, ached as Luhan apologized over and over again. Your will to make him feel better made you energized enough to move a muscle. You managed to move your finger and inwardly sighed. *I can feel it! My medicine's worn off. I can open my eyes and move!*

 

Luhan felt your finger twitch and looked up, sniffling. His eyes widened as your finger twitched again. This time, your whole hand moved. You squeezed the hand in your right, hoping it was Luhan's so you wouldn't wake Sehun up and let him sleep. After all, he did take care of you all night and saved you from the three drunk men. Or so you thought.

You carefully opened your eyes, everything still blurry. Your eyes landed on the first face you saw. Luhan's. 

"Luhan?" your voice came out husky as you took in the surrounding. *So I really am in the hospital.* 

"SunHee?" Luhan let go of your hand and felt your forehead, "Are you okay? Oh my gosh, you're awake! Let me go get the doctor." 

As Luhan was about to call out for the doctor, you grasped his hand. Luhan looked down at you with a questioning look. 

"Don't panic." You said in a raspy voice and gave a gentle smile. Luhan sighed and nodded but went to get the doctor anyway. 

You looked around and saw a clock. *5:47am? I slept overnight?* You saw Sehun sleeping beside you while holding your hand. You smiled and let go of his hand to smooth out his hair. His uncomfortable shifting made his hair into a bird's nest. You hummed and looked outside the window. You saw the sun rise from the room and felt comforted. You tried to sit up until a pain shot through your head and abdomen. You clutched your head and whimpered. 

"Whoa, there." Luhan came in back and held your back to support you. He helped you sit up right and handed you a glass of water. You held the glass and took a long gulp. You wiped your lips with the back of your hand as you returned back the glass. 

"Alright, young miss. Let me check your eyes." The doctor held the light to your eyes and nodded. He told you to say something and you did. 

"Well, she doesn't have the raspy voice anymore like you told me and it seems like the medicine has fully worn off. Feel free to take her out for a walk or something. Make sure she doesn't have a hearty meal because it'll make the pain in her body even worse." The doctor was about to go out when he stopped in his tracks and turned back, "On second thought, if you want to take her out on a walk, I'll ask a nurse to provide a wheelchair for her. Her torso is badly bruised so she won't be able to stand up straight." 

Luhan nodded. The doctor gave him a pat on the shoulder, "Don't fret. Your girlfriend will be fine." 

Luhan shook his head, "Oh, she's not-" But the doctor had already left. Luhan sighed and looked at you while you had a clueless look on your face. Luhan chuckled and shrugged. 

"Hey." Luhan sat down on your right side, opposite Sehun. 

You gave a small smile, "Hey." 

"Are you feeling okay? Does your head still hurt?" Luhan asked. 

"It's fine. Although it does hurt here." You patted your stomach. Luhan nodded and held your hand. He your knuckles with his thumb that felt slightly rough against your skin. Your cheeks burned as Luhan stared into your eyes. 

"You have no idea how worried Sehun and I was." Luhan chuckled and shook his head. "Sehun was panicking like as if he's a mother hen and someone took away his eggs." 

You giggled and patted Sehun's head. "Silly boy. He didn't have to worry so much. I'm Lee SunHee. I'm a survivor." 

Luhan raised an eyebrow, "I'd beg to differ. Last night, you looked as if you were on your deathbed." 

You stopped laughing and looked at Luhan wide-eyed. "I looked that horrible?" 

Luhan nodded and zoomed in your face, "You looked as if you starved yourself for years and you had dark circles. Your skin was clammy, too. Oh, and don't forget the bruises and cuts on your face. Seriously, you were like a breathing corpse." 

You saw the mischievious glint in his eyes and lightly slapped his chest. "You're so mean." 

"Come on, I was just kidding. You know you look beautiful even though you were charged to a hospital." Luhan smiled widely. You didn't know that he truly meant it.

You leaned back and pulled your hand back, "Eyy. You're so cheesy, you know that?"

"Haven't changed since two years ago." Luhan winked. 

Just then, Sehun woke up and rubbed his eyes. He stretched his arms and patted his legs. He looked around, "What'd I miss?" 

You chuckled and shook your head, "Nothing, Sehun. Good morning~" 

Sehun instantly smiled brightly. "Good morning, sunshine~ You're awake! I'm glad." 

Sehun stood up and leaned in to give you a kiss when he pulled back and covered his mouth. You gave him a bewildered look, "What's wrong?" 

"I have morning breath." Sehun muttered through his hands. You smiled and shook your head. You stopped smiling when you heard your stomach grumble. 

"Looks like someone hungry. I'll go ask for a wheelchair." Luhan went out of the room. 

---

"I still don't get why I must be in a wheelchair." You muttered and crossed your arms. 

Sehun was behind you, pushing the wheelchair. He hummed, "The doctor said your torso is badly bruised so you must use a wheelchair. Doctor's rules." 

"Psh." You rolled your eyes, "My torso's completely fine." 

"Oh, sunshine, why do you act all angelic when hyung's around but spit out all your complaints and rants when you're with me?" Sehun teased. But you knew he didn't mean it. 

"They're not complaints." You harrumphed. "Speaking of Luhan, where did he go?" 

"He wanted to sort out things between him and Aeri. He wanted to make sure she doesn't hurt herself after the break up." Sehun chuckled. You nodded in understanding. 

"By the way," You looked up to see Sehun, "Thank you for saving me last night."

"Saving you?" Sehun looked at you with raised eyebrows. "You mean in Aeri's room?" 

You shook your head, "No, I meant when those three men attacked me. You punched and kicked them till they knocked out, remember?" 

"Oh, you mean that. It wasn't me, sunshine. It was Luhan hyung." 

"Luhan?" Your eyes went wide. *He beat up those guys... just for me? He's my saviour?* 

"Yeah. He called me to go to the hospital when he was on the way in a cab with you." Sehun chuckled, "Besides, you're forgetting that I can't fight." 

You were still in shock. *Luhan.. saved me.* Your eyes watered, touched.