A New Life

10 Things I Hate About You

Three years have passed since you and Luhan moved to USA. Fortunately, you were having a great time studying at your new school. You made new friends, both girls and guys. Some of them too were Korean, just like you. You left your past behind in Seoul and decided to not be the same anti-social SunHee that you were three years back. You had decided to change your style. Instead of the same jet black hair you sported back in Seoul, you now had wavy, orange hair. Many girls envied you but because of your bubbly personality, it was hard to dislike you. You finally discovered your passion for fine arts and decided to major in it. You had even changed your name. You no longer went by SunHee, but instead you now go by Sophie Lee.

A series of raps came onto your door as you were talking on your phone with one of your closest friends, Tiffany, who was also a Korean. You made your way from your bedroom to the front door, still on the phone.

“Look, Tiff, the schedule said we have painting lessons until four tomorrow. I don’t get why you would skip such an important lesson just so you could go shopping.” You scolded in fluent English, sighing and opened the door. You looked up and smiled.  

Not to forget, your friendship with Luhan was still going strong. Sure, he had courted you a few times, and still is, but you decided to focus on your studies. Or maybe because you didn’t want to be in a relationship with a playboy like Luhan. Of course, one thing about Luhan that he didn’t throw away was his flirtatious personality. Korea or not, he was still popular. Girls would be flocking around him left and right but obviously he still had his eyes on you.

You let Luhan in, signing him to close the door. “Okay, Tiffany, I get it. Shopping is important to you. But don’t say I didn’t tell you when you miss out.”

Luhan sighed and took your phone away from you. You realized what was happening, “Wha- Hey!”

“Sorry, Tiffany. Maybe you can settle this with Sophie tomorrow. But for now, I’m taking my woman out on a date. Bye!” Luhan ended the call and passed you your phone with a smug look.

“Excuse me, Luhan, but since when was I your woman?” You asked with a raised eyebrow. Luhan smirked, “Since the day you were born. Because we, my lady, are meant to be.”

“Okay, you have to cut down on the greasiness. I’m not one of those many girls who you talk like that to. I’m Sophie.” You crossed your arms.

Luhan took your hands, “Well, to me, you are SunHee. And now, I’m taking SunHee out on a date.”

“According to me, you have been saying that to me since forever. It’s still not working, Luhan.” You chuckled and went into the kitchen. “Do you want water or apple juice?” You hollered.

Luhan pondered for a while and plopped himself onto the couch. “Well, can I just hang out here for the rest of the day? I can’t stand being in the dorms alone. I need my lady to accompany me. Oh, and apple juice please!”

You came into the living room with a glass of apple juice, “First of all, you make me sound like a hostess. I don’t keep people company. And second of all, quit telling people I’m your lady because I sure as heck am not!”

“Keep telling yourself that, SunHee. Because you still are.” Luhan put his hands behind his head and the television.

“I’m going up to my room.” You grumbled and stormed up the stairs, into your room.

You closed the door behind you and sat on your bed that was full of clothes. *Maybe I should do a little cleaning in here.* You tied your hair into a messy bun and dumped all of the clothes on your bed onto the floor.

After half an hour of cleaning some of the clothes, you decided to get a breather and sat down on a pile of jeans. You grabbed a pair and folded it. A folded piece of paper caught your eye. You took it out of the back pocket and remembered what happened at the airport.

“Um, a dude asked me to pass this paper to you, he said he wanted you to read it once you board the airplane or whatever. Just don’t read it now.” Chanyeol passed the paper to you and bowed then returned to work.


You looked around, “That’s weird. Who might the person be?”


“Maybe it’s some ahjusshi who wants your number.” Luhan snorted.

 

*Huh. I guess I forgot about this letter.* You quickly unfolded the piece of paper and scanned it with your eyes. Your heart skipped a beat when you easily recognized the handwriting. *Sehun?* You took a deep breath read the first sentence. A wave a nostalgia hit you when he wrote your nickname. It hit you in the heart.

 

My dear Sunshine,

I know by the time you read this you might be on the plane or

maybe you might’ve even landed already. But whatever it is, I just wanted to let out these few words to you.

 

Remember the times when the three of us were still best friends and when I asked you what was your ideal type, you said you liked charming and charismatic men? My hopes were instantly crushed when you called me your cute little Sehunnie, even though I was older than you. You never really did call me Sehun oppa. You did when you wanted something from me but I would always give in to you anyways. But Luhan hyung had that natural charming and charismatic feel to him. You had a mini crush on him but then you thought that Luhan hyung would never like you. But in the end, Luhan hyung managed to be the man you dreamed of.

Remember the times when you fangirl-ed non-stop over Rain, Lee Minho and G-Dragon? Because they were bad boys? Well, believe it or not, I wanted to be like them too. Just so you could get attracted to me. But in the end, I clearly failed because you wouldn’t see me as a man but as still your cute little Sehunnie. But of course, Luhan hyung managed to clinch the bad boy image quite well. That was his motive too. For you to get attracted to him. Maybe Luhan hyung went a little too overboard with that bad boy image. But he managed to be the man that you dreamed of. 

By now you should see where I am getting to with this topic. Can’t you see this, sunshine? Luhan hyung is the man you have been waiting for. Whatever type of man you wanted, Luhan hyung can be that guy. If only you realize this, sunshine. Luhan hyung is all you could ever dream of. He can be idiotic and funny. Charismatic and charming. A bad boy. I couldn’t. That is why I didn’t stand a chance with you. Of course, my heart soared when you accepted me but deep inside, it just didn’t feel right because I knew that Luhan hyung was the one for you. You pushed, shoved and/or kicked him away. But look at him. Isn’t he there with you right now? That is why I broke up with you. Not because of long distances, but because of Luhan hyung. He backed off when you were my girlfriend so now it’s my turn. Please don’t push him away anymore.

Remember the 10 things I asked the two of you to write? Throw it. Tear it. Burn it. Do whatever you want with it, just don’t keep it. Why? Because the two of you are not meant to hate each other. The two of you are meant to be. The times when you cried. Luhan hyung was worried. He kept asking me why were you crying. He couldn’t eat, sleep or think until I told him that you were okay. Luhan hyung is the man you have been waiting for, sunshine. Don’t throw away the chance until another girl steals him away, which I doubt he will get stolen because to him, you are the one for him. He keeps telling you that, doesn’t he? Now, move on because you’re now his snowflake. I am no longer yours. Because Luhan hyung IS yours since the two of you met. Please do not throw away the opportunity, sunshine. I want the two of you to be happy.


Forever and Always, your cute little Sehunnie.

P.S. I may no longer be yours, but you are still my sunshine.

 

By now, your tears had already dripped onto the paper. You clutched the letter close to your heart. *My cute little Sehunnie. I hope you are doing okay.*

“Hey, SunHee? Where do you keep all your apple- WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!” Luhan immediately crouched down next to you and held you in his arms. “SunHee, w-why are you crying? Did I make you cry? Because if I did, I’m really sorry.” You shook your head and showed him the letter, still sobbing.

Luhan took the letter and sighed. *So this was what Sehun meant by farewell letter.* Luhan softly coaxed you and rocked you side to side. “Don’t cry, snowflake.” He wiped your tears away.

“L-Luhan… I’m s-so sorry.” You sobbed into his chest. “I d-didn’t realize.”

"Ssh, don’t cry, SunHee. Don’t say sorry, you were never wrong.” Luhan kissed your forehead. 


Double Update to make up for the updates lost for the four months i've been gone! 

OH AND I FORGOT TO MENTION! 

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN WOLF?! (i'm sure you have but might as well ask) 

OH MY GOSH MY FEELS I WAS GASPING AND SCREAMING AND PULLING MY HAIR OUT 

I think that Lay looked really hot compared to his MAMA days. xD

So what do you guys think? n.n 

Until the next update, ppyong!~